MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I was considering just not responding, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt and explain my thoughts as if you'd just said something like "I don't understand why the Malak qoute about Revan is being taken as referring to Revan, but the Fives qoute about jedi and scopes refers to fives?"

Renown communicates hints primarily by qoutes, whether it's "watch those wrist rockets" or "he doesn't like you, I don't like you either." Let's do some literary analysis for the funny:

"He doesn't like you. I don't like you either": The qoute is said by Dr. Evazan to Luke Skywalker at the cantina. I don't remember whether or not we knew the cantina is coming, but we are presented with the question: Is this referring to the speaker, Dr. Evazan (and by correlation, likely Ponda Baba) or the one being spoken to, Luke Skywalker? The answer is obvious: Telling us Luke is in the MBS cantina practically tells us nothing, and is not in character with Renown's limited statements. Therefore, the qoute (as it did) almost certainly refers to Dr. Evazan finally being produced in lego form.

"Watch out for those wrist rockets": The qoute is said by a clone trooper in the video game battlefront 2 (2005), referring to B2 battle droids. The speaker, a clone, is likely irrelevant to the discussion at the time, since it was about a clone battle pack's contents. Clearly clones will be involved. The qoute could potentially have implied the set would be based off battlefront 2, but that seems unlikely. Clone sets are rarely based off any specific material in general (see the battlefront 2017 troopers coming with a cannon not in the game and being packaged with a clone wars 03 anniversary badge), and battlefront 2005 features a variety of different clone outfits, but it would be a possibility. The more likely meaning, however, is clearly B2 battle droids. It fit within the context of the discussion at the time, and is probably the most well-known qoute referring to the B2 battle droid, a unit/character without many famous quotes of it's own.

*Malak's famous Revan qoute*: The qoute is said by Darth Malak referring to Darth Revan. Darth Malak is the speaker, however, this is arguably the most famous qoute about/from KOTOR in any capacity. Whether the qoute refers to the speaker or one being spoken to/about is largely irrelevant, as the either way, the broader meaning is clear: lego KOTOR is coming in some capacity, of which Revan is the most popular character. In fact, I'd argue a significantly larger number of people are aware of Revan than the KOTOR games themselves. The possibility certainly exists that the coming KOTOR set would include Malak, but not Revan, or neither figure, but Revan is by far the most likely option. 

"Are your scopes... Jedi-issue, sir?": The qoute is said by Fives to Anakin Skywalker about his scopes. We are presented with three major options: The qoute is about Fives. The qoute is about jedi/Anakin. The qoute is about scopes. The second and third options seem pretty unlikely, no? I don't think scopes really factor in here, and telling us a new Anakin/jedi is coming are hardly news. The most likely option is that the qoute refers to fives, and while it is not his most famous qoute (I'd argue it's the "mission, nightmares" one), it does appear if you google something like "top 10 fives qoutes". 

Renown's qoutes don't all refer to the speaker or to the one being spoken to/about, but it's usually the option that seems most likely on a cursory glance. Is anyone an idiot to for some reason think his qoutes refer to something else? I never said that. Does it take an english degree to figure out what he's probably talking about? I hope not, I don't have or want one. If I had to put money on it, would I say Revan and Fives are more likely to be what he's referring to than a Malak plushie and some sort of scope? I've put more than money on it, I'll have to eat a plushie if I'm wrong.

This is unfair because you know i'm too lazy to read any of this

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Very nice breakdown! 👍

Thanks!

2 hours ago, itsjustajoe said:

This ^

Very exciting! I'm glad the characters they're putting in (If I'm reading that right) are fan-favorites who haven't been made in wide-release yet. On the other hand, I'm now bummed that we aren't getting the midi-scale Leviathon that I reverse hopiumed myself into wanting.

59 minutes ago, Hhalcyon said:

checkmate

7 hours ago, FoggyFate said:

It’s not a cmf, it’s the 25th anniversary of Lego Star Wars next year remember?

2 hours ago, itsjustajoe said:

This ^

Are you suggesting that Revan/Malak and Fives are additional (20th Anniversary-style) Minifigs that will be added to otherwise unrelated sets? 

38 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Are you suggesting that Revan/Malak and Fives are additional (20th Anniversary-style) Minifigs that will be added to otherwise unrelated sets? 

Finally.

40 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

And they’re just the start.

Can’t believe we’re getting Fives, wow! Arguably one of the most important clone characters as without him, Rex would’ve succumbed to Order 66 without resistance.

Place your bets everyone, will Lego introduce a new ARC Trooper helmet? It has that fin on top unlike the regular P2 helmets. There’s that beautiful ARC Trooper we saw in 2012, which still remains one of the best Lego Star Wars minifigures of all time.

49 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Can’t believe we’re getting Fives, wow! Arguably one of the most important clone characters as without him, Rex would’ve succumbed to Order 66 without resistance.

Place your bets everyone, will Lego introduce a new ARC Trooper helmet? It has that fin on top unlike the regular P2 helmets. There’s that beautiful ARC Trooper we saw in 2012, which still remains one of the best Lego Star Wars minifigures of all time.

I feel like to do it right, he needs a new helmet. That said, they did just introduce the one with holes.... but I really hope they do it right.

Ok so Fives, Revan, and/or Malak. I feel like we'll have at least 5 like the last one (Han, Vader, Pilot Luke, Lando, Leia if I remember correctly), so who are we thinking the other two will be? Given the existing names, I'd go so far as to say we have a chance at Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn, or even Starkiller, but it could also definately be less popular or well known characters. Seems like we're moving between canon and legends, so really anyone's on the table. Maybe Saw finally shows up?

1 hour ago, Renown said:

Finally.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If any of the leakers starting to dump here are able to answer this, are these guys popping up in the 1HY sets we know about, or other sets we don't know about? 

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If any of the leakers starting to dump here are able to answer this, are these guys popping up in the 1HY sets we know about, or other sets we don't know about? 

Yes

From what I can tell, we know of two sets in January (75372 and 75384), five in March (75375, 75376, 75377, 75379, and 75387), four in May (75378, 75380, 75381, and 75382), and three unknown releases (75374, 75388, and 75389). Given this distribution, it would seem that March would have the most opportunity, but there are always the unknown ones. In 2019, I believe the 20th anniversary minifigures came out in the May wave, but those were all system sets, which we don’t have as much this half-year. Additionally, one of the January sets is a 4+ set, and one of the May is a UCS set, neither of which seem too likely to me to have an extra minifigure, but you never know. Overall, this is very exciting. Hopefully this will be a good opportunity for us to get characters that have long been requested. 

Edited by Rwbricks

3 hours ago, Renown said:

Finally.

No KOTOR set, but this does open up the possibility of getting other fan-favourite characters throughout the wave! 

3 hours ago, FoggyFate said:

And they’re just the start.

LETS KRIFFING GO!!! 

3 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

I would say no, simply because while Fives wore the P1 ARC Trooper helmet (fin variant) in his earlier appearances (such as the Citadel arc), he wore a standard P2 helmet in his more iconic arcs (Umbara and Clone chip). 

1 hour ago, Rwbricks said:

From what I can tell, we know of two sets in January (75372 and 75384), five in March (75375, 75376, 75377, 75379, and 75387), four in May (75378, 75380, 75381, and 75382), and three unknown releases (75374, 75388, and 75389). 

I am curious if the Clone vs. Droids battle pack or Grogu's escape have an extra Minifig; the former probably not, since we have the Minifig lineup already, but I could see one in the latter. 

Time to speculate: Who else could we get? 

Bastila Shan (because Revan and/or Malak) 
Padmé (any version; Theed or Geonosis would be easier, but her more elaborate outfits (Queen Amidala remake?) are less likely to feature in a normal set) 
Dexter Jettster (Dex's Diner is probably never coming, so getting him as a bonus Minifig is probably our only chance) 
Commander Ponds (not a major enough character to warrant an appearance in a regular set, but cool to have nonetheless) 
Waxer/Boil (because Fives) 
Mas Amedda (where else could he show up, aside from a RotS Yoda vs. Palpatine duel? (Actually, never mind; that would be cool and I want it)) 
Republic Crosshair (he could appear in a normal set, but it seems like we may not be getting any more TBB sets) 
Saw Gerrera (he could show up in a Fondor set, but LEGO has been dodging him for years) 
Mon Mothma (again, could appear in a set, but LEGO only ever managed to make her once (and passed on the opportunity to include her in Yavin IV!)) 
Rebels version of Sabine or Ezra (it seems unlikely that LEGO plans to revisit the series, unfortunately) 
Fenn Rau, Imperial Gar Saxon, Rook Kast (entirely hopium on my part!) 

1 hour ago, itsjustajoe said:

no malak 

So Revan confirmed, then? 
Also, do you know any of the other characters that will be included? 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

26 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am curious if the Clone vs. Droids battle pack or Grogu's escape have an extra Minifig; the former probably not, since we have the Minifig lineup already, but I could see one in the latter. 

Let's hope the battle pack doesn't. Would be hilarious to "accidently" army build Revan. 

What a relief to finally get Fives, I was wondering whether my Fox minifigure would have anything to shoot at or not. 

9 minutes ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

Let's hope the battle pack doesn't. Would be hilarious to "accidently" army build Revan. 

I agree; I wondered about Grogu's escape, since that is somewhat of an army-builder as well (as it will have at least one sidecar BARC and Clone). 

6 minutes ago, Renown said:

Wrong. 

So, Malak confirmed; Revan maybe? 

6 minutes ago, Renown said:

Wrong. 

Also, this is probably just me reading way too much into things, but I heard this post in Crosshair's voice. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Could these figures be coming in quasi-remake sets like with the 20th anniversary? There are still several slots unrevealed that could fit that pattern.

8 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

Could these figures be coming in quasi-remake sets like with the 20th anniversary? There are still several slots unrevealed that could fit that pattern.

Can't wait for the Anniversary First Order AT-ST remake. 

Can’t say I saw that one coming *huh* So instead of golden minifigs, we’re getting random fan-favourites? Sounds too good to be true, but it’s from @Renown, so it is true :laugh:

Wait. Fan favourites that have little chance of appearing elsewhere? I know I shouldn’t get my hopes up, but SAVE THE DREAM!! :excited:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

54 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Can’t say I saw that one coming *huh* So instead of golden minifigs, we’re getting random fan-favourites? Sounds too good to be true, but it’s from @Renown, so it is true :laugh:

Now the question is are these going to be regular bonus minifigures or will they have the 25 years printed on their back. 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Time to speculate: Who else could we get?...

I know we're all excited about possible wish-list minifigures becoming reality. But please be careful to not let this topic devolve into only wishlisting.

7 hours ago, Hhalcyon said:

10 hours ago, Hhalcyon said:

Literally 1984

So you can't bother to read a couple paragraphs but you want me to believe you've actually read an entire book? (a pedantic argument, but forgive me while I try to infuse a little humor with my rebuke)

You've received two warnings so far. Please head them.

On 10/4/2023 at 7:50 AM, Renown said:

Savior, conqueror, hero, villian. You are all of these things, Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone.

If Revan is in Acolyte I really hope we get him in a set and entirely outside of a promo or promo-related deal. If it's a promo or GWP fig it'll be all out warfare at stores and the site will be down that first night. 

If we look at the anniversaries that have been hinted at we have 20th anniversaries of both the Clone Wars and KOTOR. So if Revan and Fives were related to those, then we still have the 25th anniversaries for both TPM and Lego Star Wars itself.

For TPM a Shmi minifigure would be cool seeing as I can't see us getting her any other way, but at the same time another Queen Amidala minifigure would be good as that minifigure is ridiculously expensive now.

As for LSW itself well the possibilities really depend if they stick to the core characters or use the opportunity to give us characters we'd never get otherwise.

Edited by BacktoBricks

16 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

If we look at the anniversaries that have been hinted at we have 20th anniversaries of both the Clone Wars and KOTOR. So if Revan and Fives were related to those, then we still have the 25th anniversaries for both TPM and Lego Star Wars itself.

For TPM a Shmi minifigure would be cool seeing as I can't see us getting her any other way, but at the same time another Queen Amidala minifigure would be good as that minifigure is ridiculously expensive now.

As for LSW itself well the possibilities really depend if they stick to the core characters or use the opportunity to give us characters we'd never get otherwise.

I could see getting Shmi just cause she's a long-time desired fig but not as a TPM 25th anniversary. I think these figs will be for the LSW 25 anniversary cause I don't see them doing 25th TPM or 20th KOTOR in the same year with special sets and figs. 

Either way, this news is so great, I missed out on Revan when I was younger cause my mom didn't understand the concept of buying Lego during a certain timeframe to get a fig as GWP. I've wnatd t one ever since I got back into collecting but the prices are ridiculous now so this will be a welcome addition to the collection. AND more importantly, as a Prequel and CW lover Fives is a dream come true. CW fans have been so blessed recently with all the clones (even with the wonky helmet holes, no I can't let it go) that TLG doing Fives for the 25th anniversary is the 17th cherry on top. C

Honestly have no guesses as to who else could be included but given they're doing someone like Fives and remaking Revan to me it signals they're open to obscure fan-favs that haven't gotten a fig or have a really old fig soooo if I had to predict I'd say: 

Prequels: Dexter Jester, Shmi Skywalker, Boss Nass, Any obscure fan-fav clone or a Padme variant

Originals: Nien Numb, Owen Lars, Krsstan, Saw Gerrera

Sequels: Palpatine (Ep9), Ben Skywalker (Ep9), Babu Fricc (let me dream)

Other: Cal Kestis, Hondo Onaka

To be clear this is not a wishlist, though I'd love any of these, it's my prediction that we will get at least 2-3 of these guys for the anniversary

So, just to confirm. 

As part of the 25th anniversary celebration, we are getting sets that include random minifigures, and so far we know Malak and Fives? 

Speculation on my part now, but surely Nien Numb will be here…