MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Wait, FIVES??? No way, surely not, I won't believe it. Too vague to draw conclusions. Must not get my hopes up. But like... I reaaaally want Fives. Please?

5 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Well surely there will be since we got 2 last year. We got 3 the year before that but the 3rd slot has been replaced with Midi-scale.

As we are expecting two Midi-scale sets in the first half of 2024, we heard about the Tantive IV and the Falcon, maybe there are still only three slots for these sets. The third one would be the podrace-diorama. Which would be sad of course, as this would mean that we don't see any 18+-set with minifigures. Still hoping for the Tantive IV boarding diorama. 

2 hours ago, Renown said:

Are your scopes... Jedi-issue, sir?

Not another one. 

I believe this means one of two things.

1. The episode this quote is from includes a very similar Jedi Shuttle to the one we see Baylan and Shin use in Ahsoka. 

2. Anakin is wearing a very similar space suit to what we see Ahsoka wearing in the show. 

Beyond that, it could mean new Jedi but that’s unlikely. 

14 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

There do not seem to be, based on our current information. 

Didn’t Falcon1414’s leak hint at three remaining unknown sets? There were pictures suggesting we’re still getting a diorama, a midi scale, and a buildable figure. Releasing one diorama next year seems off. 

Did we ever figure out what the "Space" CMF is? I've heard people dismiss it as Star Wars because of licensing issues with Hasbro, but I thought that was a myth. Desirable, not as "essential" figures being rumored, no rumored sets they might fit in (yet)....

10 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

Did we ever figure out what the "Space" CMF is? I've heard people dismiss it as Star Wars because of licensing issues with Hasbro, but I thought that was a myth. Desirable, not as "essential" figures being rumored, no rumored sets they might fit in (yet)....

You made an excellent point! These codenames always seem to be so cryptic, yet this time it might be telling us exactly what it is. Adding to that, the May release date, and we may or may not have our first Star Wars CMF. I do think a collectible minifigures line is inevitable at some point; however it still feels as far away as the galaxy itself. If one does come out, I would not know whether to be excited or terrified over the insane hunt over the few months the series will be available. The scalping would be out of this world, almost like rereleasing Mr. Gold. 

It’s not a cmf, it’s the 25th anniversary of Lego Star Wars next year remember?

5 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

How does the 25th anniversary mean something isn't a cmf? I'm not saying your wrong I just don't see the connection

8 minutes ago, Hhalcyon said:

How does the 25th anniversary mean something isn't a cmf? I'm not saying your wrong I just don't see the connection

Perhaps he means exclusive figs a la the 2019 20th anniversary figs are going to be paired up with certain sets again?

1 minute ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Perhaps he means exclusive figs a la the 2019 20th anniversary figs are going to be paired up with certain sets again?

Ohh that would make sense. There is also that visual dictionary book coming right? the one with the (i think currently unknown) figure?

I wonder if the Revan quote means we're either getting him as just a bonus to a completely random set (like how Vader came with an AT-RT) or if we're getting some set remasters like the imperial dropship, or again that AT-RT?

I had completely forgotten the possibility of the anniversary figures and remade sets.

3 minutes ago, Hhalcyon said:

Ohh that would make sense. There is also that visual dictionary book coming right? the one with the (i think currently unknown) figure?

I wonder if the Revan quote means we're either getting him as just a bonus to a completely random set (like how Vader came with an AT-RT) or if we're getting some set remasters like the imperial dropship, or again that AT-RT?

I had completely forgotten the possibility of the anniversary figures and remade sets.

With most of the Disney plus shows pushed to late 2024 or 2025, there’s certainly room for a lot of remakes and catch-up sets for Mando S3/Ahsoka 

1 hour ago, ForgedInLego said:

It's not going to be Star Wars. One of the mods on the r/legoleak subreddit, itsjustajoe, said specifically (regarding Fives and Revan) that:

It’s not coming that way 😂 the space cmf is just a space cmf

I'm going to set my expectations low and say that they're going to be in an Art set, similar to the 43221 "100 Years of Disney Animation Icons" set.

2 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Didn’t Falcon1414’s leak hint at three remaining unknown sets? There were pictures suggesting we’re still getting a diorama, a midi scale, and a buildable figure. Releasing one diorama next year seems off. 

He did 

Definitely Lego is celebrating things next year. Everyone is hinting at it. 

TPM - 25th anniversary 

LSW - 25th anniversary 

KOTOR - 20th anniversary 

Clone Wars (2003) - 20th anniversary 

Expect more info to come very shortly. Those who usually have the info, have it. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

2 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

It's not going to be Star Wars. One of the mods on the r/legoleak subreddit, itsjustajoe, said specifically (regarding Fives and Revan) that:

So we expect Five's minifigure in the regular set? 

2 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

So we expect Five's minifigure in the regular set?

No idea. Apparently, that same mod said in the legoleak Reddit Discord server (which I'm not a part of) that the two of them would be coming in an "interesting way," and before August. That's why I'm going to set my expectation low and say they're just going to be brick built portraits, haha.

12 hours ago, Renown said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Though if we go off the "could be anything tangentially related to the qoute" theory we apparently have to use now (But I mean c'mon it's clearly hinting at Fives in some capacity) this just means more clone sets.

Honestly I still can't think of a KOTOR lego product I'd be disappointed by. My "worst case" of a figless midi-scale Leviathon is actually starting to grow on me now to the point I want to MOC one up. 

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Though if we go off the "could be anything tangentially related to the qoute" theory we apparently have to use now (But I mean c'mon it's clearly hinting at Fives in some capacity) this just means more clone sets.

So let me get this straight buddy. If Renown says a Darth Malak quote about Revan, I'm an idiot for thinking the statement might be related to the speaker of the quote, and not the subject of the quote. However, if Renown says a quote about Jedi and scopes SAID BY FIVES, the quote is clearly OBVIOUSLY ABOUT FIVES? Literally just kill me with a brick please.

1 hour ago, Hhalcyon said:

So let me get this straight buddy. If Renown says a Darth Malak quote about Revan, I'm an idiot for thinking the statement might be related to the speaker of the quote, and not the subject of the quote. However, if Renown says a quote about Jedi and scopes SAID BY FIVES, the quote is clearly OBVIOUSLY ABOUT FIVES? Literally just kill me with a brick please.

Please take the intensity level down a notch.

Not saying your point isn't valid, just that it's been shared with a lot of negative intensity. 

13 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Please take the intensity level down a notch.

Not saying your point isn't valid, just that it's been shared with a lot of negative intensity. 

Literally 1984

15 hours ago, Renown said:

I suspect that this is hinting that we will get Fives, rather than something tangentially-related to that scene (like a shuttle); there are other quotes that could be used to suggest a shuttle, and Fives is one of the most desirable non-Commander Clones, so it makes sense for him to show up somewhere eventually. Also, he is 501st, which increases the odds of us getting him. 

@Renown: Would LEGO ever put Fives and Rex in the same set? 

2 hours ago, Hhalcyon said:

I was considering just not responding, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt and explain my thoughts as if you'd just said something like "I don't understand why the Malak qoute about Revan is being taken as referring to Revan, but the Fives qoute about jedi and scopes refers to fives?"

Renown communicates hints primarily by qoutes, whether it's "watch those wrist rockets" or "he doesn't like you, I don't like you either." Let's do some literary analysis for the funny:

"He doesn't like you. I don't like you either": The qoute is said by Dr. Evazan to Luke Skywalker at the cantina. I don't remember whether or not we knew the cantina is coming, but we are presented with the question: Is this referring to the speaker, Dr. Evazan (and by correlation, likely Ponda Baba) or the one being spoken to, Luke Skywalker? The answer is obvious: Telling us Luke is in the MBS cantina practically tells us nothing, and is not in character with Renown's limited statements. Therefore, the qoute (as it did) almost certainly refers to Dr. Evazan finally being produced in lego form.

"Watch out for those wrist rockets": The qoute is said by a clone trooper in the video game battlefront 2 (2005), referring to B2 battle droids. The speaker, a clone, is likely irrelevant to the discussion at the time, since it was about a clone battle pack's contents. Clearly clones will be involved. The qoute could potentially have implied the set would be based off battlefront 2, but that seems unlikely. Clone sets are rarely based off any specific material in general (see the battlefront 2017 troopers coming with a cannon not in the game and being packaged with a clone wars 03 anniversary badge), and battlefront 2005 features a variety of different clone outfits, but it would be a possibility. The more likely meaning, however, is clearly B2 battle droids. It fit within the context of the discussion at the time, and is probably the most well-known qoute referring to the B2 battle droid, a unit/character without many famous quotes of it's own.

*Malak's famous Revan qoute*: The qoute is said by Darth Malak referring to Darth Revan. Darth Malak is the speaker, however, this is arguably the most famous qoute about/from KOTOR in any capacity. Whether the qoute refers to the speaker or one being spoken to/about is largely irrelevant, as the either way, the broader meaning is clear: lego KOTOR is coming in some capacity, of which Revan is the most popular character. In fact, I'd argue a significantly larger number of people are aware of Revan than the KOTOR games themselves. The possibility certainly exists that the coming KOTOR set would include Malak, but not Revan, or neither figure, but Revan is by far the most likely option. 

"Are your scopes... Jedi-issue, sir?": The qoute is said by Fives to Anakin Skywalker about his scopes. We are presented with three major options: The qoute is about Fives. The qoute is about jedi/Anakin. The qoute is about scopes. The second and third options seem pretty unlikely, no? I don't think scopes really factor in here, and telling us a new Anakin/jedi is coming are hardly news. The most likely option is that the qoute refers to fives, and while it is not his most famous qoute (I'd argue it's the "mission, nightmares" one), it does appear if you google something like "top 10 fives qoutes". 

Renown's qoutes don't all refer to the speaker or to the one being spoken to/about, but it's usually the option that seems most likely on a cursory glance. Is anyone an idiot to for some reason think his qoutes refer to something else? I never said that. Does it take an english degree to figure out what he's probably talking about? I hope not, I don't have or want one. If I had to put money on it, would I say Revan and Fives are more likely to be what he's referring to than a Malak plushie and some sort of scope? I've put more than money on it, I'll have to eat a plushie if I'm wrong.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

5 hours ago, FoggyFate said:

This ^

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Renown communicates hints primarily by qoutes, whether it's "watch those wrist rockets" or "he doesn't like you, I don't like you either." Let's do some literary analysis for the funny:

. . .

Renown's qoutes don't all refer to the speaker or to the one being spoken to/about, but it's usually the option that seems most likely on a cursory glance. 

Very nice breakdown! 👍

BTW, I just got confirmation that @itsjustajoe is legit (I.E. the same person as on the Discord), for anyone who was wondering about that.