MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Man, why are the dioramas set number rumours a confusing mess second year in a row. It's both hilarious and infuriating at the same time :jollyroger:

Promobricks says one thing, with Falcon Fan mildly backing them up. Hoth Rebel says the opposite, with Stone Wars mildly backing them up. 

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I for one hope that the Emperor's Throne Room is the cheaper set.

Surely a MBS would be better in termes of size and detail, playablity and minfigure selection, but it would also be much more expensive. Nowadays it would cost 400€ or something like that and i will be very happy if it's true and i finaly can get Jabba and his palace for 100€. Hope it's not a brickbuild Jabba :laugh:

2 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

t also doesn't have Max Rebo, Salacious or Oola so if you don't have them yet I would probably start looking into them as they will most likely skyrocket even more after the set is revealed. 

Could you explain why it doesnt have them? Is it your rumour from your own source? 

47 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Man, why are the dioramas set number rumours a confusing mess second year in a row. It's both hilarious and infuriating at the same time :jollyroger:

Promobricks says one thing, with Falcon Fan mildly backing them up. Hoth Rebel says the opposite, with Stone Wars mildly backing them up. 

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I for one hope that the Emperor's Throne Room is the cheaper set.

It’s more I think we will end up with all 3 and I don’t think Death Star throne room is a false rumor

16 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s more I think we will end up with all 3 and I don’t think Death Star throne room is a false rumor

Oh no I know that, I was talking about the set numbers.

Last year we got various conflicting rumours about which set belonged to which set number.

Same thing is happening this year for some reason :tongue:

Alright, double good news. Death Star Throne Room is cheaper AND we're getting a new Jabba set after all these years. I wonder if it'll be a new mold, or if they'll try a brick-built one.

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I wonder if it'll be a new mold, or if they'll try a brick-built one.

I hope they bring back the old parts, maybe with updated printing (even though the previous one aged like wine and doesn't need any update in my opinion). A brick-built one would be hilariously atrocious :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I'm trying to figure out why they would do a Jabba Throne Room right on the heals of the Boba Throne Room set. Will both be on the shelves at the same time? What's really going to set them apart besides the figures?

34 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

I'm trying to figure out why they would do a Jabba Throne Room right on the heals of the Boba Throne Room set. Will both be on the shelves at the same time? What's really going to set them apart besides the figures?

This sounds lame as I say it, but one is a diorama and the other is a playset. I assume this would just be a large version of the main room, with no roof, as opposed to the boba's palace set, and the dioramas do tend to be a different, more detailed style.

36 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I hope they bring back the old parts, maybe with updated printing (even though the previous one aged like wine and doesn't need any update in my opinion). A brick-built one would be hilariously atrocious :laugh_hard:

I know brick built creatures are a lot more unpopular, but I saw a really good brick-built Hutt Council moc the other day on instagram. I can't find it, but they looked to be almost the exact same size as the mold, and were pretty good. With printed eyes I think they'd really work well.

6 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I think Lego might do it because Return of the Jedi will be 40 years old in 2023.

I wonder what the quote for Jabba's throne would be. It would be funny if they put something in Huttese.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

The dioramas are a new thing so it's impossible to tell what is the 'norm', but i can't see one being based around a large moulded figure. In terms of making a Jabba's throne room at all at this moment it makes about as much sense as redoing the final duel from two years ago.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I know brick built creatures are a lot more unpopular, but I saw a really good brick-built Hutt Council moc the other day on instagram.

brick.sheepa is the moccer you are looking for. All their brick built creatures are excellent.

Surely there are some talented moccers out there which build excellent brick build creatures. I even saw a excellent brick build Jabba in a german forum last year. But in a set, like the rumored Jabba's palce, i would not like to have a brick build creature. Also such a large brick build Jabba would probably eat up like 150 (tiny) pieces already.

5 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

brick.sheepa is the moccer you are looking for. All their brick built creatures are excellent.

Thank you, and yup, it's him. I totally think that his Hutt build is high quality enough to be in a set.

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Also such a large brick build Jabba would probably eat up like 150 (tiny) pieces already.

Molded creatures and bigfigs being included in sets cause them to have a higher price-per-part ratio anyway, so this doesn't change much. It's not like a brick-built jabba would cause the rest of the set to be less parts than if he was molded, or the set to be more expensive.

Also, 150? I'd be surprised if an accurately-sized brick-built jabba was more than half that.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

25 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Also, 150? I'd be surprised if an accurately-sized brick-built jabba was more than half that.

I am always under the impression that things like brikbuild creatures are build with a lot of pieces and most of these pieces are tiny. And when i look at minifig scale Jabba mocs they have 100+ pieces. One i found has 167.

Anyway, my first statement "Hope it's not a brickbuild Jabba :laugh: " was more of a joke because of the discussion about the brickbuild Blurrg and because i don't like to see brickbuild creatures in official Lego sets. We'll see.

To have 2-3 diorama sets from ROTJ suggests to me that TLG hears that fans want anniversaries celebrated a bit more.

AOTC passed without much fanfare but if these dioramas and the Clone helmets sell well, I'd think we should see something for ROTS in '25 (e.g. diorama, playscale Gunship).

Edited by Pedilego

7 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I wonder what the quote for Jabba's throne would be. It would be funny if they put something in Huttese.

Probably “Fifty thousand. No less.”

20 hours ago, RODDY said:

Not a big fan of Jabba’s Palace as a diorama set to be quite honest. As much as i want a new Jabba’s Palace I feel like by making a diorama set you’re only focusing on only one scene when there’s so many great scenes and characters we would missing out on. MBS style would do it true justice imo

I 100% agree. I love Jabba’s Palace so much, and this diorama unfortunately means we probably won’t be getting a UCS/MBS Palace or Barge for a long time. 

8 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

"Ho ho ho ho ho" Jabba the Hutt

49 minutes ago, Darth Malgus said:

"Ho ho ho ho ho" Jabba the Hutt

While I think this might be the funniest option, the one that comes to mind for me is this exchange:

"Who are you?" "Someone who loves you." "Leia!"

Of course that'd be an odd inclusion if there's no carbonite piece/Han Solo or at least a wall with a carbonite sticker.

Hm, how about “Han, ma bookie.”

…dang it, wrong movie :tongue:

Or this classic: *choking sounds*

…wrong scene :grin:

Here goes: “There will be no bargain, young Jedi”

18 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This sounds lame as I say it, but one is a diorama and the other is a playset. I assume this would just be a large version of the main room, with no roof, as opposed to the boba's palace set, and the dioramas do tend to be a different, more detailed style.

I know brick built creatures are a lot more unpopular, but I saw a really good brick-built Hutt Council moc the other day on instagram. I can't find it, but they looked to be almost the exact same size as the mold, and were pretty good. With printed eyes I think they'd really work well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiakYIxrxP7/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

"This bounty hunter is my kind of scum, fearless and inventive" 

I was thinking the one before that.

"I will not give up my favorite decoration"