The Sacred Bridge, leading to the Inari shrine.

The Kitsune (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune) is drinking by the river.

And many animals are observing the traveling monk, while he walks on the sacred bridge leading to the shrine.

The blue birds are supposed to be Red-flanked bluetails, and the other bird is a Japanese Crane (Red-crowned Crane).

Inspiration for this build, is the various red Japanese bridges leading to a shrine or other sacred place, this one was based on the Shinkyo Bridge leading to the Futarasan Shrine in Nikko, which I visited in 2020.

Build for the Summer Joust 2022 'Bridging the Gap' category.

52236422131_39e0bd10d2_b.jpg

The Sacred Bridge by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

6 hours ago, Cheesey_Jedi_28 said:

where is that three tailed wolf from_

Ninjago

Wonderful scene. The winter landscape is one not many do and is harder to perfect. Here, you've done well. The rocks are snow covered, but not everything is a blanket of white. The crane and the deer are both fine brick built creatures as well. Overall, an amazing build.

Worth a second look! At first glance I thought o that is pretty. But looking harder at the details, the way the bridge posts alternate slightly to avoid a sea of white, the creatures and plants..... Totally awesome build!

Edited by hoppa

@SirBlake Thanks. 

@Feuer Zug Thank you. 

@Viper Knight For me it's a (big) fox whatever Lego is calling it, but in the end a Kitsune is a shape-shifting yokai (japanese demon) so it doesn't really matter. 

@hoppa Thanks, I thought mixing it up would work quite nicely, the snow would not cover every area the same.

Beautiful build! The landscape with the rock work and snow work is great, and the red bridge is super eye catching!