Legonaut

[GoC] More troops

52215630201_255875c5be_z.jpg

The war with the Lotii requires more and more men. Especially Marine soldiers are crucial to defend sea routes between the new settlements as the Lotii try to disturb her majesty's peace with everything they have.

For the Glory of Corrington and her majesty the Queen.

52214623327_027801c35c_z.jpg

My third build for the GOC task "redcoats rule". I am happy to be back and you will see more in near future.

Nice little troop build! For some odd reason all your text is one big link though?

Glad to have you back. :pir-sweet:

Nice troop build :) I love the landscape colors, and it has a good mix of tiles and plates.

You may be able to lighten the first picture in Photoshop or Lightroom - it looks a little underexposed/dark at the moment. I think you are doing some cool SNOT work on the base but it's hard to make out. Could work for an evening build, though. Lighting in second pic is great.

While they are fleshies, still good to see the array of redcoat power - especially classic torsos!

My current thinking on boot pants (e.g., on your officer) is that they represent pretty tall boots on soldiers, so by having the officer have them and the rank and file soldiers not it paints a picture of the soldiers with boots under their pants. How civilized :pir-grin:

:thumbup: from me for GoC

Great troop raising scene.  There's something about two rows of tricorns that will never get old!  The ground colors are also really nice.

Very nice line of classic (yet fleshie!) redcoats in your instantly recognisable clean style. Nice mix of colours and textures on the landscape and that's a great looking base. :thumbup: for GoC!

5 hours ago, Darnok said:

For some odd reason all your text is one big link though? 

Fixed. It usually happens because of a missing end tag on the BB code. Can be an absolute pain sometimes! I usually cut the offending text out and paste back in without formatting - that seemed to work this time.

21 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Troops are fine!

But they don't look happy, do they?

Why would they? They are wearing the wrong color of uniform.:pir-tongue:

Fine mix of old and new minifig parts on a great base! 

Crisp base, smooth terrain and a neat line of Corrie troops in red. A :thumbup: from me! I really like how the terrain blends and the tiles give it a nice transition.

I like the use of colour, plates and tiles in the landscape, and any redcoat column has my heart beating faster! A :thumbup: for GoH from me as well!