jtooker

VIKING VILLAGE Ideas set via Target vote

The Viking Village is up on the Ideas Review board, because after Lego rejected it Brickhammer resubmitted a more colourful revamped version. But seeing as the original version is now being made I can't see Lego approving both.

On 8/20/2022 at 4:42 AM, Agent Kallus said:

It'd be awesome if they made this into a line of sets, I'm not thinking a line of Viking sets ( I'd still like that though) but a line of historical settlements. Greek port, Roman Villa, Mayan city, Saxon village, Hunnic encampment, moorish town, ancient Egyptian village , Celtic village, Napoleonic era fortress ( make it a coastal one with some pirates as an enemy faction), a Chandra Gupta era Indian settlement, a Carthaginian ( really running out of words for village) place, and etc.

And Feudal Japanese village or castle! :) 

This thread has been quiet for several months. Don’t we know anything about it yet? Like release date?

1 hour ago, Lion King said:

This thread has been quiet for several months. Don’t we know anything about it yet? Like release date?

Brickmerge lists this :

Set number 21343 

2103 parts

October 2023 

But, there's also 21342 Insects, 1111 parts , listed for September 2023, probably revealed before it.

Edited by TeriXeri

25 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Brickmerge lists this :

Set number 21343 

2103 parts

October 2023 

But, there's also 21342 Insects, 1111 parts , listed for September 2023, probably revealed before it.

Thanks for info! I will pass insects set anyways 

I’m very interested in Viking village. 

I mainly listed insects as it's another ideas set with an earlier release date, other then the theme, it's unrelated :) 

So is this definitely a North American thing only? The reason I ask is because we have Target in Australia, and back in the early noughties Target Australia ran a GI Joe exclusive that the North American stores ran. Of course the North American Target and Target Australia my have distanced themselves in the almost twenty years since. Either way I’m getting this, even at an inflated aftermarket price if needs be. It just too cool not to own.

36 minutes ago, Pirate_King_1982 said:

So is this definitely a North American thing only? The reason I ask is because we have Target in Australia, and back in the early noughties Target Australia ran a GI Joe exclusive that the North American stores ran. Of course the North American Target and Target Australia my have distanced themselves in the almost twenty years since. Either way I’m getting this, even at an inflated aftermarket price if needs be. It just too cool not to own.

I understood it will be sold worldwide but in the USA only via Target. 

Update: 

21343 Ideas Viking Village 
$129.99 
2103 Pieces 
Release October 1st 

The part count is roughly the same as that of the original submission, so I expect it to be around the same size. Even without seeing the final design, the PPP seems good; hopefully there will be a lot of small rockwork details like in the original. I am curious as to how they make the rope bridge, however, as the part used in the submission has not been in production for well over a decade. I also hope that they throw in at least one more Minifig (perhaps with an exclusive torso?), as the original design only had three. 

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Update: 

21343 Ideas Viking Village 
$129.99 
2103 Pieces 
Release October 1st 

The part count is roughly the same as that of the original submission, so I expect it to be around the same size. Even without seeing the final design, the PPP seems good; hopefully there will be a lot of small rockwork details like in the original. I am curious as to how they make the rope bridge, however, as the part used in the submission has not been in production for well over a decade. I also hope that they throw in at least one more Minifig (perhaps with an exclusive torso?), as the original design only had three. 

Well we can be fairly certain they are not going to have three male vikings.  So actually probably a good chance that there are four minifigures.  Two of each.  That would not surprise me.  In fact would surprise me if that wasn’t case.  I just hope it’s not just exact the same torsos as the 3 in 1.  But that wouldn’t surprise me either.

6 hours ago, Arjo said:

They went microscale:)

Can it be ? Based on current pricing practices It is seriously underpriced, and it sounds too good to be true to me.

Nah… I hope not! But I think there will be few minifigs/accessories/animals. Probably a repeat of the 3in1 set for the former and not much else. If it turns out the set is in fact a steal by today’s TLG standards then I guess it will be hoarding time but I would be very surprised. These days no sets hit the market at that ppp other than those loaded with the smallest of parts.

After being a bit underwhelmed by the design of Eldorado Fortress, I hope this set is able to itch the scratch that set gave me. The set designer has said over of the Lego Leaks subreddit that he's "super proud of the final design and cannot wait for it to hit the shelves," so I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Personally, I would love it if they snuck a small ship into the set - even just a rowboat. Only a few months to go until we know for sure!

Good to hear about the fan designer (hopefully not PR), don’t think I’d be personally delighted if they turned my design into microscale so there is hope! Like you I have mixed feelings about Eldorado, hopefully this one is a slam dunk!

9 hours ago, Khargeust said:

Can it be ? Based on current pricing practices It is seriously underpriced, and it sounds too good to be true to me.

It's similar price to piece ratio to Ninjago City Markets and the upcoming Winter Village set with it not being licensed :)

13 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

It's similar price to piece ratio to Ninjago City Markets and the upcoming Winter Village set with it not being licensed :)

Yes, but if we follow this logic by comparing the price of Viking Village with that of 10320 Eldorado Fortress (proportionally with the PPP), the latter should then be calculated at 155€. Ok, there are printed sails, but it doesn't justify a difference of 60€! Eldorado Fortress is about 28% more expensive (in proportion to PPP).
Why ?

Edited by Khargeust

On 6/13/2023 at 8:09 PM, karrit said:

A big pass on the insects.  But the Viking Village will be mine.

Giant insects closing in on the village, being valiantly defended by the Vikings?!

1 hour ago, Khargeust said:

Ok, there are printed sails, but it doesn't justify a difference of 60€! Eldorado Fortress is about 28% more expensive (in proportion to PPP).
 Why ?

Nostalgia, printed sails (essentially new parts), maybe more minifigs.. but again, mainly nostalgia. 

On 7/26/2023 at 12:38 AM, Black Feather said:

Well we can be fairly certain they are not going to have three male vikings.  So actually probably a good chance that there are four minifigures.  Two of each.  That would not surprise me.  In fact would surprise me if that wasn’t case.  I just hope it’s not just exact the same torsos as the 3 in 1.  But that wouldn’t surprise me either.

Agreed - I expect a chieftain, two warriors, and a blacksmith. I wonder if the chieftain will be female, since we have oddly never gotten a female blacksmith, and LEGO would probably want an even gender breakdown for the warriors. This would also potentially allow the hair/crown piece from the longship to be reused. Maybe we get one new torso? 
Also, before anyone complains, stories of female Viking rulers have existed since the 12th Century

On 7/26/2023 at 2:32 AM, Arjo said:

They went microscale:)

I doubt that; it would lose them a lot of potential buyers who want to combine this set with 31132. 

Maybe they noticed after they committed to this that the Viking 3 in 1 wasn’t selling as well as they hoped.  So they cut costs with little or no new parts and/or preemptive discount to encourage sales and cut losses.  Hope not the case.  But odd that the 3 in 1 is retiring so soon.

2 hours ago, Black Feather said:

Maybe they noticed after they committed to this that the Viking 3 in 1 wasn’t selling as well as they hoped.  So they cut costs with little or no new parts and/or preemptive discount to encourage sales and cut losses.  Hope not the case.  But odd that the 3 in 1 is retiring so soon.

I saw the 3 in 1 Creator Viking ship on clearance at Target for $60. There were several available and I was tempted to get two, but just did the one, as it's not as versatile as other large Creator 3 in 1s, and I already have one from original release when Target sold it at $100 just before the price bump. That gives me a long ship and a cabin, to go along with the village.