Vilhelm22

10304 Chevrolet Camaro Z 28 Discussion Thread

Just seen various posts on Instagram and on Promobricks 

Apparently this year we will be getting another Creator Expert 18+ Car

Chevrolet Camaro Z 28

USD$159.99 / EUR€159.99 / GBP£1??.99

1456 pieces

My personal thoughts are that honestly I’d like a different more interesting curvy car rather than another American one, but we’ll wait and see how this one plays out.

Edited by Vilhelm22

Hopefully an orange 69' with dual black racing stripes front to back. Chevrolet Competition Orange, or Hugger Orange.

Edited by Johnny1360

5 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Hopefully an orange 69' with dual black racing stripes front to back. Chevrolet Competition Orange, or Hugger Orange.

That would seem likely. 69 is definitely the most popular year, and orange would be a good fit. An Indy Pace Car color scheme (white with orange rally stripes and orange interior) would make a lot of sense. 

Regardless of color, I may have to pull the trigger on a first gen Camaro to go with the 67 Mustang fastback. 

Edited by SirBlake

Orange makes sense as there hasn't been an orange Creator vehicle yet and it's relatively iconic for that era of Camaro. I hope it has multiple build options the way the Mustang and 911 did.

Disappointing that Lego still aren't making a Japanese creator expert car. Should be a nice set in it's own right though, if it's as good as the 10265 Mustang.

On 5/11/2022 at 3:28 AM, CDM said:

Orange makes sense as there hasn't been an orange Creator vehicle yet and it's relatively iconic for that era of Camaro.

Useful colour for MOC builders as well. 1960s/70s McLaren race cars come to mind.

In my cynical old eyes, Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers all look the same. Honestly, Lego could do a Mustang recolour and it would amount to pretty much the same thing.

Orange would at least provide a quick and easy a Dukes of Hazzard option for kids of the 70s like me.

From Promobricks using Google translate:

With the LEGO 10304 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28, the collection is now getting even bigger. The designers in Billund took the classic Camaro of the first generation with the facelift from 1969 as a model. The model will consist of a total of 1456 parts, but not all will be installed at the same time. You have the opportunity to customize your Camaro according to your ideas!

The "base model" is a black Camaro with gray rally stripes on the hood and trunk. However, since these stripes are not printed or implemented with stickers, but are built from LEGO bricks, the designers have included two more colors. So there are additional bricks that you can use to build the rally stripes in either red or white. You can also decide whether you would rather exhibit a convertible or a coupe, because the roof of the LEGO 10304 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 can be removed if necessary.

Though I am disappointed it isn't orange, it will be an automatic purchase for me.

On a side note does anyone know when EOL will be for the Porsche, I have neglected to get it yet and don't want to miss out, been waiting for a discount.

3 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Though I am disappointed it isn't orange, it will be an automatic purchase for me.

On a side note does anyone know when EOL will be for the Porsche, I have neglected to get it yet and don't want to miss out, been waiting for a discount.

I'd have preferred orange as well, but black does make sense as they haven't done a black creator expert car either. Hopefully it's easy enough to modify to fit the supercharger and side exit exhaust from the Mustang set as there doesn't appear to be any optional performance mods included.

No idea on the 911, but I haven't seen it listed to be discontinued soon so hopefully you still have time. I'd expect the Mustang to get discontinued first as it's an older set and a very similar style of car to the upcoming Camaro.

Translated from Nati Con I LEGO Facebook page:

There are updates on the release of the lego creator expert the Camaro Z / 28 leak. It should be released between the summer and autumn of 2022 set 10304 consisting of 1456 pieces at a cost of € 159.99. The base model is a Camaro with gray stripes on the hood and trunk, there will also be an option for the red and white stripes , the roof will be removable to make it convertible, and the entire interior of the car will be decorated!

I wonder if it will have headlight covers. Functional ones would probably be too much to ask but fixed ones would be a break from so many round headlights in this series.

That’s a good question. The hidden headlights were part of the RS package, which was available on Z28 and SS models.

This new info is cool. The choose-your-stripe color option is great. Black with red stripes for me. 

No news ... I can't wait to see the first images.

This is the set I'm most looking forward to this end of the year!

On 6/16/2022 at 2:32 AM, nerdsforprez said:

anyone know the release date here? 

Likely to be Late July/August. ;-)

Nice! So happy to finally have photos. 

The red interior is a nice touch, but I must say, I think it looks best as a convertible. 

58 minutes ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

Hmm. Custom fender parts. Interesting.

I noticed that too. It looks good, as it gives some finer detail to the fender lip, but it'd be better if they were more rounded, instead of flattened out at the top. At least, for a Camaro.

Not bad, but compared to the 10265 Mustang it is at least one step backward. I own and love the Mustang. So no need to buy the Camaro.