Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[ESL] Jack hatches a plan

Since July of 620, Jack and Kate have been the prisoners of the Lotii on the island of El Oleonda, initially forced to work in a textile mill in Oryant. They briefly escaped in April of 621 and stole a small junk, but were quickly recaptured. Since then they have been put to hard labor in Luyang. But nearly 20 months of captivity have not dimmed Jack’s hopes.

01a.jpg

“I swear they gave us this view of the harbour to torture us,” lamented Jack.

“I don’t think they’ve giv’n us that much thought, Luv,” replied Kate.

02.jpg

Jack was strangely silent in response. Something had caught his eye.

“What is it, luv?” queried Kate.

“I can see the Nightwing!”

03a.jpg

“Our ship? Maybe they are trying to torture us!” exclaimed Kate.

“Yes, our Nightwing. They’ve captured a fair number of Halosian ships. We know that from all our fellow prisoners.” The wheels were turning in Jack’s head. “And they don’t appear to have merged many of the Halosian ships with their own patrols. They must not like working with what they consider to be strange rigging. But I can see several brigs, and even a man-o-war down there, that they never sail out.”

“What of it?” sighed Kate.

“We have the men to sail them!” declared Jack. “If we can pass the word among the prisoners and effect an escape, instead of trying to sail away on a small junk, we could sail out of here with a war fleet under our command. We’d have more than a fighting chance to get out of here for good!”

04.jpg

Kate perked up. “Just get me a blade and I’ll cut us a path through the guards to those ships.”

The wheels in Jack's head continued to turn. “Hmmm, yes dear, I’m working on that…”

To be continued.

---

Making another attempt this MRCA to get Jack and Kate out of captivity, and using this as the required build to sistership the Nightwing. All C&C welcome.

Great story and amazing photos. I hope they succeed in escaping. The prison is realistically built, I'm glad I'm not inside.

Excellent looking prison!
Captures the "empty" and barebones feel of a real prison really nicely without lacking any details.
The green walls support the tan sand/dirt floor really well too.

Can't wait to see what's going to happen to them next to the duo!

Is that sand green and medium green?  Looks really good together, gives the sand an almost grey look. Great job on these photo angles too, they really complement the story well.  Hope they manage their escape this time!

Thanks to everyone for all the comments!

On 2/26/2022 at 11:16 AM, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Excellent looking prison!
Captures the "empty" and barebones feel of a real prison really nicely without lacking any details.

Thanks! My personal favorite detail is the pot in the corner. There were also version with a rat in the corner, but it just didn't photograph well with the angles I was using.

23 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Is that sand green and medium green?  Looks really good together, gives the sand an almost grey look. Great job on these photo angles too, they really complement the story well.  Hope they manage their escape this time!

Yes, sand green and medium green. And I built the MOC with photo angles in mind. Thanks!

15 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Love the textures in this one.

Thanks. I wanted to have something more than just a tiled floor.

10 hours ago, Fraunces said:

nice story-idea and also as others said, the colours of the prison cell work excellent!

Thanks!

On 2/26/2022 at 11:05 AM, NOD said:

Great story and amazing photos. I hope they succeed in escaping. The prison is realistically built, I'm glad I'm not inside.

Thanks. I hope they make it, too! :pir-grin: I want to be able to get back to doing more Jack & Kate stories.