Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR - FB] Aspen Adventures, Lacryma

As autumn hits the (strangely temperate) island of Lacryma, the resilient trappers are still active hunting for pelts and furs in the wilderness far from the colonial settlement of Elizabethville. Here a trapper and his faithful hound skirt along the edge of a large stand of Aspens, displaying their brilliant yellow hues as the leaves turn and fall.

51843405613_0e9f90299a_c.jpg

Nothing revolutionary, I just wanted to use some of the bright light orange leaves I recently got from the PaB wall and @evancelt's recent Elizabethville build motivated me to put something together. Also mixed in are some AltBricks Yellow and 'Med Tan' leaves - AltBricks seems to no longer be in business as the website is defunct.... which is a great shame, their leaf colour range was awesome. I couldn't decide on another Western build or a BoBS build, so in the end I went for one which could easily be both :)

Beautiful! Like LM71 mentioned, the fallen leaves are super great! The multiple leaf colors add a lot, too - hopefully TLG makes a yellow variation at some point. Great work

Autumn can be so beautiful! The trees and foliage are magnificent.

Nice color palette you got going. Great atmosphere. I love the inclusion of the yellow flower pieces for the leaves. I haven't seen that done much before.

This is lovely, very autumnal.  The flowers on the ground work great for a thick leaf cover. 

What a beautiful scene! Those yellow hues really translate well into an autumn scene, and the round studs really give the impression of a thick cover of fallen leaves!