BillytheKid

Show Your Army, Navy, and Collection Display

I almost think we've jumped the shark on minifig counts, now nothing will be impressive.

How about we focus on how people display their sets/figs? We might get some good ideas on how to show off sets/figs without taking over rooms.

I'm currently working on getting my house re-organized, etc., so I don't have a large amount of LEGO "out on display" at any given time. A small amount is 'housed' on bookshelves right now (one dedicated to Star Wars, one to 'Kingdoms', another is a mix of SW, Toy Story, City, etc.) and I have a 4'x4' sheet of particle board resting on top of a small table in my basement that is currently home to a 'City' layout. I'm hoping to, in the future, have small areas dedicated to a specific theme...one area for Star Wars, one for Castle, one for City and one for Pirates. We'll see how that turns out. :laugh:

I agree with Stoutfiles. I'm just not that impressed by the numbers anymore. If you have enough money, you can build a big army. And if you want to spend that much on army building... well, I'm still not impressed.

I agree that it might be better to see creative ways that armies are displayed and used.

Wow! And I thought buying 4 at one time was excessive...

And my parentals think buying 1 is excessive :tongue:

Edited by prateek

*huh*

How many BPs is in there? :sceptic: No, seriously, how did you het them in you car? You're driving a van? Mini bus?

Truck? Aircraft carrier?

I made two trips that day. The first was in a Lexus IS-F and the second was in a Honda Odyssey. I ended up buying around 1,000 BPs that day. Unfortunately, I only took pics of the Lexus. By the time I was done with the Honda, I was just too tired to take more pics. I also nearly got pulled over while driving the Lexus. Oh man, you should have seen the cop's face when he saw what was in the car. He did this double-take and looked to see if he could pursue me, but there was traffic and I got the heck out of there.

I agree with Stoutfiles. I'm just not that impressed by the numbers anymore. If you have enough money, you can build a big army. And if you want to spend that much on army building... well, I'm still not impressed.

I agree that it might be better to see creative ways that armies are displayed and used.

I still enjoy seeing them, but with vehicles as well. I like seeing the sheer size of them.

I made two trips that day. The first was in a Lexus IS-F and the second was in a Honda Odyssey. I ended up buying around 1,000 BPs that day. Unfortunately, I only took pics of the Lexus. By the time I was done with the Honda, I was just too tired to take more pics. I also nearly got pulled over while driving the Lexus. Oh man, you should have seen the cop's face when he saw what was in the car. He did this double-take and looked to see if he could pursue me, but there was traffic and I got the heck out of there.

and what was the reaction of the shopkeeper/cashier?

and what was the reaction of the shopkeeper/cashier?

They were amused but not very helpful. Plus I kept getting hit with credit card rejections that I'd have to call in and clear, because I was forced to buy only 2 carts at a time (that's all I could carry by myself). So the CC company saw multiple charges on my card for hundreds of dollars at a time over a short period of time and they freaked out.

I once bought 63 copies of 8877 Vladek's Dark Fortress from a Target. Now those guys were super helpful. The manager assigned four employees to help me unbox the sets and pack them into my car.

I once bought 63 copies of 8877 Vladek's Dark Fortress from a Target. Now those guys were super helpful. The manager assigned four employees to help me unbox the sets and pack them into my car.

Good thing you didn't buy them at a WalMart. :tongue:

Good thing you didn't buy them at a WalMart. :tongue:

Agreed. When I needed help at Walmart, all I got were "¿Usted quiere las patatas fritas con eso?" or just blank look. And if I try to put more than $150 worth of anything, I get followed by someone and their ceiling mounted security camera.

Very nice R5-N2. Is that all the UCS sets minus Maul? Also, I feel like I've seen your minifig display somewhere else online, I remember those varying colors with two people at a time...

Nice collection, R5-N2! That's a lot of UCS.

Agreed. When I needed help at Walmart, all I got were "¿Usted quiere las patatas fritas con eso?" or just blank look. And if I try to put more than $150 worth of anything, I get followed by someone and their ceiling mounted security camera.

:laugh: Well then, perhaps the ignorance I get from the employees at WalMarts near me is good. It means I don't have to deal with people like the employees at yours.

Also, I feel like I've seen your minifig display somewhere else online, I remember those varying colors with two people at a time...

He showed them in this very topic, though I don't have a link at the moment.

For Fanabriques 2011 I exposed a part of my collection.

photo1shh.jpg

That’s an impressive collection of UCS sets :classic:; I hope that I'll own the majority of these at some point in the distant future! I’ve been looking for a MISB Death Star II for a while, but they’ve got very expensive.

Nice collection of UCS and exclusive sets there. They always look so good on display. I really must get round to building my unopened ones

This is some fun little info for us army builders. This is the breakdown of the Army forces

Army--50,000+ soldiers

Corps--20,000 to 45,000 soldiers

Division--10,000 to 15,000 soldiers

Brigade--3,000 to 5,000 soldiers

Battalion--300 to 1,000 soldiers

Company--62 to 190 soldiers

Platoon--16 to 44 soldiers

Squad--9 to 10 soldiers

Where does your "army" rank in? I'm in the Company range(87 clones including commanders)

Since all the cool kids are sharing their armies, I thought I might as well do it too...

My Army is't nearly impressive as others, but I'm happy with it:

5590340495_c7d543d370_z.jpg

5593965634_f7d2972a23_z.jpg

Since all the cool kids are sharing their armies, I thought I might as well do it too...

5590340495_c7d543d370_z.jpg

Haha, love the face, it's saying, "I hope they don't find me."

Nice army, and very nice setup. :laugh: Not impressive? You've got a good amount of Imp Officers. Far more than I do. That's rather impressive.

Edited by Brickdoctor

*I* think it looks pretty good...and I love the pics. Nice job!

(and the white spaceman 'sweating bullets' is PRICELESS! :laugh: )

Nice army, and very nice setup. :laugh: Not impressive? You've got a good amount of Imp Officers. Far more than I do. That's rather impressive.

Well it's not impressive as a Lexus full of BP's ;)

Actually my very first BL order, I ordered like 40+ Final Duel 2 sets. Hence the high number of Imp Officers. :)

I've had soft spot for them ever since.

Well it's not impressive as a Lexus full of BP's ;)

Actually my very first BL order, I ordered like 40+ Final Duel 2 sets. Hence the high number of Imp Officers. :)

I've had soft spot for them ever since.

Not as impressive, but still impressive. Certainly more impressive than my comparable 'army', which is five Stormies and a lonely Officer. :blush:

Nice. So how many Jedi Lukes do you have? :look:

Nice. So how many Jedi Lukes do you have? :look:

*COUGH*

I think I could have filled the entire theater with Lukes... :blush:

It's probably my most plentiful minifig - I used them as a basis for my Black BF-Hoplite army.:devil: