BillytheKid

Show Your Army, Navy, and Collection Display

My army sofar, this ain't all of them. About 35 are in traincontainers. Which you can see here:

c_-_white_bnsf_train_with_battle_droids_containers.jpg

And the army, ready for attack:

battle_droids_-_still_growing.jpg

Where are they being taken too?? :oh3: I'll make sure to stay out of that town! :tongue:

The smaller armies of the same figures are amazing, but the really huge ones are even more unreal. Just to settle my curious mind, how do you all get so many?? Do you purposely go out and buy tons of the minig packs or buy them on ebay? I've seen some pics of peoples sets where they have doubles of Star Wars vehicles. I don't really understand it. It does look neat but what do you do with them? I'm sincerely curiously asking. I'm interested. :classic:

For me, it's because I love to see massive armies so it's even better when they are my own. Like most people, I do have a large MOC in mind aswell or perhaps one day, i'll get together with an opposing army and create a huge battle display for a Eurobricks or LEGO event.

I've rarely make a purchase outside of Bricklink as it's nearly always cheaper when it comes to Star Wars. I've always bought loose minifigs instead of BP's and I always wait for a low price. I'm hoping for a new Battle Droid BP at some point because BD's are nowhere near as cheap as they were when sets 7654 and 7655 came out!

Edited by chris_austin

Ah I see. It does look kool to see them all together like that. It's something different.

lol Oh and I made this for Panda9001100 as I couldn't help but giggle wondering what all those droids on the train cars are doing, so I made a picture using panda's picture. I hope that's okay. :)

PandasDroidTrain.jpg

The smaller armies of the same figures are amazing, but the really huge ones are even more unreal. Just to settle my curious mind, how do you all get so many?? Do you purposely go out and buy tons of the minig packs or buy them on ebay? I've seen some pics of peoples sets where they have doubles of Star Wars vehicles. I don't really understand it. It does look neat but what do you do with them? I'm sincerely curiously asking. I'm interested. :classic:

Well as chris_austin said. Some times it's because they might want to make a huge MOC-Diorama.

Other times you have people like Mutley, who just buy multiples because well I actually don't really know. :laugh:

A big army always looks very cool, so thats probably the reason.

As for me, I only buy multiple BPs, as I can't afford buying multiple bigger sets.

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Well as chris_austin said. Some times it's because they might want to make a huge MOC-Diorama.

Other times you have people like Mutley, who just buy multiples because well I actually don't really know. :laugh:

A big army always looks very cool, so thats probably the reason.

As for me, I only buy multiple BPs, as I can't afford buying multiple bigger sets.

CommanderFox

Good answer. I've been wondering that same question too. For me personally I like collecting a bunch of soldiers, I dunno maybe twenty five or fifteen of the same type and keep it large but containable. For me it's not really a problem of enough minifigures but enough pieces to build their assualt vehicles.

Alright, took pictures of all my LEGO, this is when it's all put away, it's usually way messier than this.

>snip<

The photos are links to the Flickr pages were I've added notes for most of the stuff.

Very cool. :thumbup: I like how you have some of the air vehicles hung on your wall- but isn't that dangerous? I would hate to have to keep rebuilding them if the fell.

Haha, i only have a total of 63 BP and that's from all 6 BP.

Only? I have a total of seven from all six BPs (one each except for the first clone BP).

I have been wanting to post in this thread for a while now, but I was waiting till after Christmas in case some new troops arrived (none did :sad: ).

First up is the Fighting 143rd Battlefield Communications Division. The 143rd is a specialized division that ensures battlefield communications don't get scrambled and/or jammed. The generic Jedi serves as the division's commander.

The Fighting 143rd

img_2622.jpg

For the phase 2 clones, I don't have any fancy backstory. Perhaps it's my lack of interesting vehicles for the phase 2 clones, or it's that I find the beginning of the Clone Wars more interesting. Or it could be that I just don't have that many clones. I know I have one more Clone Pilot hiding somewhere (read: I can't find him anywhere).

Phase 2 Clones

img_2626.jpg

Finally, I have the Trade Federation and CIS troops. I included all of the droids that I own, including the ones which are vehicle sized, such as the Homing Spider Droid and Hyenna Droid Bomber. This makes the subject extremely large, and so it seriously exceeded the size of my photo backdrop. So I apologize in advance for any poor photo quality and cropping issues. Oh, and I didn't include the Pilot Droid from Dooku's Solar Sailer. I didn't think that one qualified.

Trade Federation and CIS

img_2630.jpg

I would post my Rebel and Imperial forces, but A) I have them packed up right now, and 2) they are pathetically small compared to the Clone War era forces, so I haven't bothered to take photos of them. It's funny, I like the OT movies far better than the PT, but I love the PT and CW sets better than the OT sets. More variability and more interesting vehicles, I guess.

If you're interested in seeing my entire collection, I have some photos that I took a while ago. I've added some sets since then, so the pictures are out of date, but you are free to see what I had back in April, for what it's worth. Here's the link to the Brickshelf folder.

Your armies are very impressive Walter. Much bigger than mine (but Im not an army builder). The lonely metal blue SBD does stand out quite a lot :tongue:.

Keep on army building!

Nice collection Walter,our army has grown massively over christmas so i'll be taking some more pics when we finally finish building them all! :grin:

Nice army The Lead General. You have really great sets in your collection and some big ones as well like the MTT and AT TE.

I should really photograph mine when I get the new sets.

Some impressive armies you have there Walter! :thumbup::wub:

Same with you the lead general :wub::thumbup:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Good army the lead general, however it's a bit hard to see your fort. Is it possible to get slightly larger photos?

:classic:

I see some really great army's here :thumbup: . However, my army is cretainly not as big as these :cry_sad: . i willtry to post pictures in a few days. goodby!

Lead army, I like what you have so far, it looks like a good battle, although a little weird happening on roads, still fierce!

swarmy00.jpg

A part of my army, I know it's quite big, but I was lucky to start collecting from the beginning, so I never had to pay insane prices.

First I wanted to have 10 figures of each trooper, now I patiently build up to 20 for the main Empire troopers. I always feel that the bad guys should be with more troopers thatn the good guys.

So far I have every OT figure (exept for the 2010 stuff).

BTW, this is nog the way I display it ussualy, we just moved, I still haven't found a descent way to display my Lego, I just swich them from timeto time and put them in different places, my girlfriend just loves it :tongue:

Edited by Bobskink

4272476680_7ec2819410_b.jpg

4272475650_8e50a7435f_b.jpg

4271730741_1a95759570_b.jpg

4271755653_9cef4cb6e9_b.jpg

I thought I'd see what some of my sets looked like side-by-side. They're usually dotted around the place because I don't have space for the larger ones.

I've got a Sandcrawler, Tantive, Home One and the UCS Falcon all still to build but nowhere to put them!

I will upload some pics of my minifigs when I get the chance.

wow you have an impressive army thespurs200708. Keep up the good work!

I wish I had a room with shelves where I could dsiplay all of mine.

Great collection the spur, looks like you have about everything from the last two years at least.

I wish I had a room with shelves where I could dsiplay all of mine.

Great collection the spur, looks like you have about everything from the last two years at least.

Thanks.

I'm thankful for the storage space that I have although I could do with more. After I took the photo, all of those sets returned to various positions dotted around the house. That's kind of cool in a way, but it's nice to have them together.

Yeah the Death Star is the only recent release that I haven't got yet. I keep putting it off hoping that the price will fall a bit.

The lonely metal blue SBD does stand out quite a lot :tongue:.

Keep on army building!

There's a story behind that lonely blue SBD. My wife bid on and won an eBay auction for the original RGS. In the description, the seller mentioned that it was complete, except for one blue SBD and the generic Jedi. So I immediately went out to BrickLink and ordered the missing figs.

A few weeks later, my figs had arrived, but the RGS never showed up. We complained to eBay and got our money refunded, so that end worked out all right. But I'd much rather have had the RGS :sad:

There's a story behind that lonely blue SBD. My wife bid on and won an eBay auction for the original RGS. In the description, the seller mentioned that it was complete, except for one blue SBD and the generic Jedi. So I immediately went out to BrickLink and ordered the missing figs.

A few weeks later, my figs had arrived, but the RGS never showed up. We complained to eBay and got our money refunded, so that end worked out all right. But I'd much rather have had the RGS :sad:

I've seen your impressive UCS defender, am I am aware of the instructions on Brickshelf..

Could I get a parts list?

Can this UCS Defender be made with just the parts of the TIE Advanced?

If not, where can I get the missing parts (particularly the middle section where all three wings join)

I am having many problems assembling the middle section..

I currently own some of the special parts required, but I'm not sure if I have enough of those 8x8 flat plates..

They have little holes in them..

I have 16 from the TIE Advanced.

Also, for your middle intersection of those three wings, if I do not have the sufficient Technic parts, is there a specific way I can order all of them from LEGO?

Thanks,

Another LEGO fanatic