Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 23. Rumors and discussion

2 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

LBG?

Light Bluish Gray.

43 minutes ago, MAB said:

The knight's helmet is the regular motorcycle helmet in LBG, isn't it? That has been a high value part recently, only coming in the S9 Heroic Knight.

If it is, then that'll make it way easier for people to build their gray spaceman!

30 minutes ago, 1980-Something-Space-Guy said:

Light Bluish Gray.

If it is, then that'll make it way easier for people to build their gray spaceman!

Gotcha, thanks!

4 hours ago, 1980-Something-Space-Guy said:

Light Bluish Gray.

Yeah, I had a load of excess helmets as I replaced their helmets and they normally sold in BL orders with the classic space LBG torso.

On 6/19/2022 at 2:27 PM, LettuceBrick said:

I wonder what is printed on the knight's torso, if anything.

As a huge Castle / Medieval fan, that's what I almost screamed on the subway seeing the picture yesterday!

On 6/19/2022 at 5:28 PM, SirBlake said:

Great question. Could be something awesome like the mail vest on the series 19 Fright Knight, could be nothing. 

I really hope we get a chainmail or a vest with the same crown from the shield, though I'm keeping my expectations low. The Fright Knight vest was amazing and unexpected. This one looks like a costume more than an actual knight (being a kid with a fake horse and castle-irrelevant leg printing) and I am really afraid we are going to get a plain torso or maybe a modern-looking t-shirt / shirt. I'm also ambivalent about the light bley / golden colour combination. I always regret not having a metallic silver helmet to go with the metallic silver mask, because i can't pair it with anything. It looks horrible without it imho, the contrast between metallic and plain is just too stark. 

On 6/19/2022 at 9:35 AM, WhiteFang said:

Unfortunately, yes as EB will not be receiving any future series for review. 

Lego Man GIFs | Tenor

Images of the packaging have leaked. Looks like the Nutcracker comes not only with a sword but a printed round tile that seems to be a walnut. That wasn’t in the Promobricks description, so there’s stills a chance that characters like the dragon costume, wolf costume, and popcorn bit could have accessories we don’t know about yet. 

22 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Images of the packaging have leaked. Looks like the Nutcracker comes not only with a sword but a printed round tile that seems to be a walnut. That wasn’t in the Promobricks description, so there’s stills a chance that characters like the dragon costume, wolf costume, and popcorn bit could have accessories we don’t know about yet. 

Hmm yeah I think that’s diminishingly hopeful. The walnut piece was in the original group shot, but obscured by the fairy wings. That said, recent costume characters *have* come with an extra hair piece, maybe we can hope for those …

8 minutes ago, williejm said:

Hmm yeah I think that’s diminishingly hopeful. The walnut piece was in the original group shot, but obscured by the fairy wings. That said, recent costume characters *have* come with an extra hair piece, maybe we can hope for those …

Oh you talked about Pepper costume and Raccon Costume. Yeah it kinda give us small hopes to see some cool parts - I’m fine with recolored parts. 

45 minutes ago, williejm said:

True, but the dragon and wolf are at the back of the group, so you can’t see their legs. If they had accessories on the ground next to them like the turkey and elf then we wouldn’t be able to see them. Not much, I know, but worth looking forward to seeing the full images for at least. 

So they gave up and posted the whole series now

The bags look good, but then this is indeed a 90th anniversary series because of the bag printing, but then again I dont get how a half costume/half christmas series is meant to celebrate the anniversary :wacko:

In the LEGO shop group pic, thanks to the zoom you can see the Knight Girl has sand blue arms and either red or pink torso

Edited by Robert8

Should have saved the wolf costume for a later series, and leaned into the Nutcracker theme with a Mouse King costume. As a celebration of the 90th it's pretty bad, as a regular CMF series it's a ho-hum melange, and as a fall/winter themed series it's a half-measure. I wouldn't have mined if they had gone all the way on that last one. Oh, well. I would love to hear the thought process they used for the selections this time 'round.:shrug_oh_well:

Edited by K_Tiger

17 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

As a celebration of the 90th it's pretty bad, as a regular CMF series it's a ho-hum melange, and as a fall/winter themed series it's a half-measure. I wouldn't have mined if they had gone all the way on that last one.

I think this is the part that feels disappointing, at least for me. Perhaps Lego doesn't feel a retro series would sell well enough to warrant one of its regular slots, but how about a smaller, limited run? It's clear at this point that the demand for updated versions of retro figures/sets (see the recent Galaxy Explorer and Castle). I have never really understood Lego's CMF choices for commemorative CMFs (S10, S20, S18, and now S23). :shrug_oh_well:

3 hours ago, 1980-Something-Space-Guy said:

I think this is the part that feels disappointing, at least for me. Perhaps Lego doesn't feel a retro series would sell well enough to warrant one of its regular slots, but how about a smaller, limited run? It's clear at this point that the demand for updated versions of retro figures/sets (see the recent Galaxy Explorer and Castle). I have never really understood Lego's CMF choices for commemorative CMFs (S10, S20, S18, and now S23). :shrug_oh_well:

I guess that explains why TLG wants CMF to target young audience while 90th anniveary sets are 18+? But I dunno about Classic Police Officer being most sought after by both kids and adults back in 2018. 

Not sure if anyone else noticed but this is the first unlicensed series since series 6 to not include a cloth/fabric part and because the nutcracker has a sword series 2 is still the only unlicensed series to not include a sword of some type, also he has a printed tile of a nut.

overall I think this series is ok none of the figures jump out at me (though I do kinda like turkey guy more than the others  ) but I’m glad to see most of them be made.

also if you swap the green dragon wings with the red ones it would look kinda like the one from the classic castle sets from back in the day.

also am I the only one who thinks the snowman looks kinda creepy with that smile?

Edited by 1Panda

13 hours ago, 1Panda said:

Not sure if anyone else noticed but this is the first unlicensed series since series 6 to not include a cloth/fabric part and because the nutcracker has a sword series 2 is still the only unlicensed series to not include a sword of some type, also he has a printed tile of a nut.

overall I think this series is ok none of the figures jump out at me (though I do kinda like turkey guy more than the others  ) but I’m glad to see most of them be made.

also if you swap the green dragon wings with the red ones it would look kinda like the one from the classic castle sets from back in the day.

also am I the only one who thinks the snowman looks kinda creepy with that smile?

Series 22 doesn’t have cloth/fabric?

14 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Series 22 doesn’t have cloth/fabric? 

The little forest lad/elf has a softgoods cape.

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

The little forest lad/elf has a softgoods cape.

Oh i totally forgot that forest elf. 

On 6/19/2022 at 4:28 PM, SirBlake said:

Great question. Could be something awesome like the mail vest on the series 19 Fright Knight, could be nothing. 

I would love there to be an awesome print under there, but that would certainly make this character have an incredibly extensive costume... Though perhaps that could be said of many of the costumes of cmfs.

I’m still scratching my head over the fact that the dragon and popcorn costumes don’t come with any accessories, despite comparable costumes in recent series consistently coming with something. Just another way this series isn’t up to scratch. 

I’m interested to see if the stick horse is a single piece or if it’s a separate horse head and technic rod. 

I don't think the original dragon suit dude came with accessories (please correct me if I'm wrong). The costume includes both wings and a tail so that's probably why. As for the popcorn suit...maybe the difficulty of the new mold? It's pretty highly textured.

1 hour ago, Karalora said:

I don't think the original dragon suit dude came with accessories (please correct me if I'm wrong). The costume includes both wings and a tail so that's probably why. As for the popcorn suit...maybe the difficulty of the new mold? It's pretty highly textured.

No the original dragon suit didn’t, but characters like the Fox and raccoon costumes from more recent series came with 2 larger accessories in addition to their tails so it shouldn’t be outside the scope of possibility. 

Even in this series you’ve got the sugar fairy with wings and a tutu AND a crown and candy cane. And the turkey costume with new molds for the head and tail AND a new color for the wing arms AND a pumpkin with stem. 

The fact that the dragon and popcorn costumes don’t have any extra accessories just feels like a step back when you compare them to similar characters from series 19-22

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Even in this series you’ve got the sugar fairy with wings and a tutu AND a crown and candy cane. And the turkey costume with new molds for the head and tail AND a new color for the wing arms AND a pumpkin with stem. 

The mask isnt new

It's a recolor of the S16 Penguin Boy's