Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

this set is very expensive for the figs we get. Those new helmets must be the cause. How big is this box btw? the big 100 dollar box?

I guess Im a lone in this but the new helmets look super cartoony, I'm not a fan...

I was debating just bricklinking the few new figures anyway due to the price, but Whiplash looks so bad I may skip it altogether :( Does he even come with a Mk2 helmet? 

21 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

I guess Im a lone in this but the new helmets look super cartoony, I'm not a fan...

I was debating just bricklinking the few new figures anyway due to the price, but Whiplash looks so bad I may skip it altogether :( Does he even come with a Mk2 helmet? 

I think it looks alright on the MK 85.  LEGO definitely did this so that the helmets can be used for both comic and MCU sets 

And yes Whiplash has the helmet 

56 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

this hall of armor set is the best iron man set ever 😭🙌🏻, I love the new molds and the references to iron man 2. Day 1 buy

There's also an Iron Man 3 reference. There's pic of the Silver Centurion suit 

Absolutely love the new helmets! Slightly disappointed now though, I wish I could have one of those helmets for the Silver Centurion figure

Now... Is it just me, or does it bother anyone else that this Hall of Armours is built differently from the last Hall of Armours. Naturally it's always good to make updates, otherwise it's basically the same set, I actually think I prefer the updates, but it's probably going to look weird displaying it together

9 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Now... Is it just me, or does it bother anyone else that this Hall of Armours is built differently from the last Hall of Armours. Naturally it's always good to make updates, otherwise it's basically the same set, I actually think I prefer the updates, but it's probably going to look weird displaying it together

I was about to say the exact same thing. I think the minifigs look great. Love the new helmet mold but yeah, why change the build from the other armoury sets? That's a big bummer for me. Was really hoping I could just add this set next to the other armouries but it seems like I'll need to gather a few pieces from bricklink.

Edited by Moon_Knight

It does look like a pic is circulating with Whiplash Mk2's helmet on, which is a relief, because otherwise the fig is pretty rough. The printing on it is pretty interesting but looks good, honestly!

Took a little bit of a break, but yeah, the summer wave needs more than this. Give us Hulkbuster MK2 or the D2C - otherwise my focus is going to be on the Optimus Prime set instead.

• New helmets look strange to me and replacing the old means that any Iron Man armor collections you had before are now going to feel out of place with the newer figures
  • The altered design for the displays also means that anyone collecting those now has a bunch of displays that won't fit the same size/scale
  • The price point is too steep for what you are getting, figure wise and build wise
  • Still no MK4 :(
  • Groot is terrifying, that is all

Going to wait until the Iron Man set is discounted quite heavily, in the meantime I hope we get something else in June.

I suppose its good we got the Whiplash MK2 here as it frees up for a Iron Man/War Machine VS Hammer Drones set or a Whiplash race track set down the line. I think he fits as a minifigure scale, but it is on the borders of 'too tall for a figure'

Updated List:

Spoiler

JUNE:

AUGUST:

• 76220 4+ ($10/15€, 42/43 pcs)
  • 76221 ($45, 456 pcs)
  • 76218: Sanctum Sanctorum ($210/220€, 2708 pcs) - 9 figures including Doctor Strange, Defender Strange, Supreme Strange, Wanda, Mordo, Wong, Spider-man, Iron Man and an unknown 9th figure (Delayed to August?)

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 4+ (Wakanda Forever; 10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213 (Wakanda Forever; 30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214 (Wakanda Forever; 80€)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

• 76222: (Unknown Marvel set, listed on Promobricks.de)
  • 76223: 60€ (Unknown Marvel set, listed on Promobricks.de)
  • 76224: (Unknown Marvel set, listed on Promobricks.de)
  • 76215: Hulkbuster MK II 300€ (IW Hulkbuster D2C)
  • 76210 500€ D2C Marvel
  • 76232 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 76242 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 76244 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 10963 DUPLO Super Heroes (€49.99, 41 pieces)

Rumored sets:

• Currently unsupported Instagram Rumors claiming that 76223 is the Nano Gaunlet
  • Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded.
Edited by Scarilian

12 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

New helmets look strange to me and replacing the old means that any Iron Man armor collections you had before are now going to feel out of place with the newer figures

I agree with mostly everything you've said but I've gotta say I actually like the idea of new helmet molds in my Iron Man collection. There are a lot of unique Iron Man suits in the MCU that have different designed helmets and I think this new mold will be an excellent addition to show that, sitting next to the version 1 and version 2 helmets.

Edited by Moon_Knight

The set looks pretty fantastic.

I love all the builds, glad they improved the armour display cubes.

New helmet is cool. I love all the Iron Man suits, and Whiplash also looks awesome. War Machine looks terrible tho, and I can't quite put into words why he looks so much worse than Iron Man. Definitely should've used an armour piece.

The price is outrageous, it's even worse than the Endgame Final Battle's one. It's a 60€ set at best, preferably 50€. But 90€? The hell were they thinking? At least the euro one isn't randomly higher than the dollar one.

2 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

So do we know which version of War Machine this one’s supposed to be, specifically?

Iron Man 2 version.

13 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

So do we know which version of War Machine this one’s supposed to be, specifically?

Mk. I (as seen in Iron Man 2). 

The price of this set is biggest issue for me. I might see it different if I didnt have Iron Monger Set or Sakaarian Buster sets which would have meant 6/8 of the figs would be new to me but 3/8 new minifigs is a big turn off for this price point esp as the figs are the selling point of this set. If Mk3 was Mk4 and Mk85 was any other new suit and to a lesser extent a new Tony Stark, I could get more on board with the price even at the crazy markup. 496 pieces for 90 euros. This is a blatant "this set will sell, how much can we get away with"! This set borders on should I bricklink figures or buy on reductions

• I dont mind the new displays I like the garage pieces as sides. Be interesting to see how they look compared to existing versions
  • Stark Expo table is nice touch
  • Dont need the car at all. Gladly remove it to reduce price.
  • Helmets Id have to see in person to judge and compare the look alongside existing figs
  • I agree Whiplash head doesnt look right for movies
  • Same old Nick Fury :hmpf:
40 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I suppose its good we got the Whiplash MK2 here as it frees up for a Iron Man/War Machine VS Hammer Drones set or a Whiplash race track set down the line. I think he fits as a minifigure scale, but it is on the borders of 'too tall for a figure'

Hope they do a Stark race car (Speed Champions style that breaks in half) with Race suit Stark and Whiplash MK1. Another one with Hammer Drones would be good

Edited by upliftingbricks

I really like the new helmet mould - It feels like an updated version of the original 2012 helmet, or a hybrid of the opening and non-opening helmets. It strikes the right balance between being able to open, and not looking excessively large or blocky, as the original helmet often does (particularly on some of the later MCU suits). I agree about War Machine, though - He absolutely should have used the Star Wars (TBB, Mando) armour (particularly since this is his bulkiest suit). I also think that Whiplash should either have been the racetrack version if LEGO wanted to include him as just a Minifig, since the Mk. II suit would have made a great mech set. 😕

I reorganized the HoA a while ago to make room for the armors from this set only to find that they changed the helmets :iamded_lol::iamded_lol::iamded_lol::wall:

Was easily the most anticipated set of the year for me. Oh well. Saves me some money. Happy for everyone who likes the new bulky helmets but I can’t be doing this back and forth anymore with the helmet designs.

There’s gotta be more productive things for Lego to put their time and money towards than changing the Iron Man helmets for the third time.

If the complaints from a minority of fans was that the MCU helmets were too big, why make them wider and bigger? And why make them look so non-Lego? They look like bootleg designs. Or like someone took a Pez dispenser of Iron Man and stuck the top onto a Lego minifiure.

I’ve got so many questions but the biggest one is just… why?

Edited by Legocity2713

4 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

The price of this set is biggest issue for me.

Agreed! This should have been at least two sets: A small Hall with a car, workbench, and Stark Expo map, Minifigs: Tony, Fury/Nat, Mk. 4, Mk. 5; and then a Whiplash Mk. II mech with Racetrack Vanko (who can be placed into the mech such that only the Mk. II helmet is visible), Mk. 6, War Machine Mk. 1, Hammer/Pepper. 

2 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

I can’t be doing this back and forth anymore with the helmet designs.

I am fine with the variety of helmets (particularly since the non-opening one is still being produced - See Whiplash), as the MCU helmets changed and became sleeker with each iteration (Mk. 3 looks good with the original opening helmet, but the Mk. 85 should have either the non-opening one or the new one). Additionally, unlike with something like Stormtroopers, Iron Man is constantly changing the designs of his suits, so having multiple helmet options is entirely consistent with his character (and, as such, all three helmet designs can be displayed side-by-side with no real issue). 
iron-man-header-5-1280x720.jpg

Should have included the MK4

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

I agree with mostly everything you've said but I've gotta say I actually like the idea of new helmet molds in my Iron Man collection. There are a lot of unique Iron Man suits in the MCU that have different designed helmets and I think this new mold will be an excellent addition to show that, sitting next to the version 1 and version 2 helmets.

I would be fine with it, if the general design of the suit would benefit from a change in mask. The MK1 for example having a different helmet is fine, because its a prototype. Igor, Hammerhead, Shotgun, Shades would all be somewhat deserving of having a unique or varied mask. The problem is a majority of MCU suits are meant to retain virtually identical helmets as they were made to be tiny updates to the design. Translating this to Lego, we do not currently have a complete MK1 to MK7 line-up and if they keep changing helmet designs we'll never get the necessary uniformity to make it feel like a completed display.

Disneyland-Iron-Man-Hall-of-Armor+WOW.jp

Maybe we will be lucky and get a Tony Stark Workshop set in the future with the MK1 to MK7 all included so we have a chance of them having a level of uniformity needed for a display.

37 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Hope they do a Stark race car (Speed Champions style that breaks in half) with Race suit Stark and Whiplash MK1. Another one with Hammer Drones would be good

I'd picture it as similar to 'LEGO 76184 Marvel Spider-Man vs. Mysterio’s Drone Attack'. E.g. A slightly updated MK5 (With Tony under the helmet), Whiplash MK1 and a re-used Pepper Potts

Edited by Scarilian

I have some mixed feelings on the set. 

The Cons: It goes without saying, the price is lousy. Also, I don't understand what the point of updating the helmet mold was. I guess so that Lego can mix and match the mold between MCU and comic-inspired sets but I'm still not crazy about it. I have most of the MCU-styled suits, so I have mixed feelings on Lego changing the helmet mold altogether. I guess I'm not completely devastated about it since it adds some variety to all the different suits. Additionally, I think the lack of new suits in this set kinda sucks. I already have the Mark 3 and Mark 85 from last year's sets, and I guess I'm okay with having extras of those, but I would have much rather have gotten new suits here altogether. I guess I'll just use the extra Mark 3 with the modified helmet to fill Mark 4's space, they look similar enough. Lastly, I think it's annoying that Lego isn't staying completely consistent with the style of the previous Hall of Armor sets. I guess I'll just use this set as the ground floor. 

The Pros: While I'm not exactly a fan of Lego updating the helmet mold, I think the mold still looks good. I think the set itself looks fantastic, despite the inconsistency. This is far superior to the original Hall of Armor set, and more accurate too. I love the nice little extra touches like the Stark Expo board from Iron Man 2. The extra car looks like a Speed Champions set in of itself. Great touch! It's cool to finally get Whiplash for the first time, and I've never had a War Machine figure aside from the Iron Patriot.

Overall, I like the set, despite my many gripes. Because of those gripes, this set is very low on my priority list. I'm waiting for a discount. So far, I haven't really been blown away by 2022 Marvel and I'm not really rushing to get anything, which is a bummer seeing as how I went all in on collecting Marvel sets and figures the past year or two. 

Edited by The Stud

Liking the Iron Man Armory, already know for sure I won't like the price.

Wish we could get another Tony Stark torso with the arc reactor printed (like the one from that 2013 set with the helicopter)

47 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Maybe we will be lucky and get a Tony Stark Workshop set in the future with the MK1 to MK7 all included so we have a chance of them having a level of uniformity needed for a display.

Im a little surprised this isn't a set like that (though from initial leak it was never going to be) with a quote on the front like Star Wars and Jurassic Park have this year. Even if not the above Im surprised we haven't got a "quote" set this year with something iconic e.g Avengers circle from first Avengers

Kind of torn tbh. I like the new helmet on the 85 and I dig the War Machine figure (I don't have one of him anymore) but as others have said that's crazy expensive. 

I do appreciate that you're getting a bunch of core Iron Man characters in one set, that's cool. I actually quite like the inclusion of the car as well. If the price was a bit lower, I'd snap this up in an instant. As it stands though it'll probably be one of those sets I admire from afar and never get round to buying. 

Guess I'm in the minority with the Armory. This feels like a slap in the face to everyone who's been keeping up with the theme, especially the helmet. I've been collecting the armors for a decade now across so many different sets, and now they're just changing the mold for no real reason? As mentioned above, the "Tony changes his armors all the time" argument doesn't hold water with most of the MCU armors.

The build being completely different from the past style is strange too. They don't totally clash, but this definitely feels like a replacement rather than an expansion of the previous sets.

Really the only thing that appeals to me is Whiplash, and even then they chose the less iconic armored variant from the film's climax. Absolutely not spending $90 on this.

2 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Guess I'm in the minority with the Armory. This feels like a slap in the face to everyone who's been keeping up with the theme, especially the helmet. I've been collecting the armors for a decade now across so many different sets, and now they're just changing the mold for no real reason? As mentioned above, the "Tony changes his armors all the time" argument doesn't hold water with most of the MCU armors.

The build being completely different from the past style is strange too. They don't totally clash, but this definitely feels like a replacement rather than an expansion of the previous sets.

Really the only thing that appeals to me is Whiplash, and even then they chose the less iconic armored variant from the film's climax. Absolutely not spending $90 on this.

Exactly this. All of this. This set is a shame and it could have been perfect.

16 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Changing the style of the modules is certainly weird, to be honest, I'll give you that, not to mention the price bit, but I'm unsure how I feel on the rest of this.

Saying that "This feels like a slap in the face to everyone who's been keeping up with the theme, especially the helmet," sort of reminds of when the 501st battle pack came out and people were upset that the new clones were different from the old clones. Is it a reasonable complaint? Of course, it's gonna look a little weird. On the other hand, it's also reasonable for LEGO to change a helmet that gets complained about a lot to an arguably better variant, and I don't think it's entirely fair to say that it is "[F]or no real reason." 

I am curious how the new and old helmets line up with each other, considering they are really not particularly different, this one is simply a little better. 

I’ll be getting this for the collection for sure. The amount of small builds is great, and that Stark Expo map. :classic: I prefer the old Hall of Armor set up, so it’s not a big deal. 

I’ll also be stocking up on the sticker sheet for this set. Lots of useful bits in it. It’s a shame that we’re only getting one new Iron Man MK armor, I was hoping for at least two new sets for my HoA.

$90 is a bit steep though.