Aurore

[Freebuild] Embervale Advent Calendar 2021 - Heroic Fantasy

I didn't know they made the white bird without printing - I'll have to BrickLink that! It would be very useful for building statues.

Edited by socalbricks

@Sympatik Brick :blush:

@Robert8 Thank you! I'm thrilled by that unprinted bird, I ordered a whole flock of them on B&P and feel like I'm going to use them everywhere...:head_back:

@zoth33 Thank you very much! So glad you enjoy it!

@Eyrezer Thank you! I'll take a photo in the dark next time I have my photo setup ready again. Should be soon, as I have an entry for the minifig category of the CCC ready!

@socalbricks It came with the Home Alone set! It's even available on B&P. :grin_wub:

Edited by Aurore

Day 19 - The Huntress

51757503535_0fe855fe43.jpg

Dresghar: "A compulsory feature of elven formal gardens, classical sculptures tend to represent scenes from a mythical time period when elvenkind, humankind and nature lived in perfect harmony."

Edited by Aurore

1 hour ago, Aurore said:

Day 19 - The Huntress

Dresghar: "A compulsory feature of elven formal gardens, classical sculptures tend to represent scenes from a mythical time period when elvenkind, humankind and nature lived in perfect harmony."

Beautiful, again! I think one of the things I miss with the current range of amazing printed animals is the ability to use them in different ways, as sculptures and the like, because they are ‘too accurate’. Your last couple of builds show how well they lend themselves to that, given the chance. 

@williejm Thank you! As much as I love printed animals (So realistic! So cute!), I really enjoy the unprinted ones too. Those modern animal moulds are really nice even without colour!

@Robert8 Thank you very much!

Loving the statue theme!  There's definitely something fascinating about these single color eyeless animals.  The white one was particularly beautiful!

I'll second what what Kai NRG said - I love the use of these unprinted animals! I also like the use of that Bombur piece on Heimar. It's surprisingly versatile!

Nice idea on the wood worker.  The plain animals work great for statues and decorations.  

@Kai NRG Thank you! The recent animal moulds are really beautiful even without colour!

@socalbricks Thank you! I've had the Bombur headpiece for ages but had never used it before...

@Robert8 Thank you! The head is from Newt Scamander from the HP theme.

@zoth33 Thank you! That was my entire collection of plain animals (not counting frogs)...:laugh:

Edited by Aurore

Day 21: Snow Globe

51761253394_bd9082889d.jpg

Evrart: "Let me guess, my lady. That's a mundane, silly trinket, nothing magical, just metal specks in water?"
Alrune: "Absolutely not! It's a pocket dimension. In non-technical terms, a portable, tiny private world you can enter using magic!"

Day 22 - Festive Dresghar

51764770895_56b8b367a5.jpg

Dresghar: "As the Cultural Attaché of Embervale, I hereby declare the Winter Solstice Festivities open!"

Ooh nice - where’s this torso from?

On 12/21/2021 at 10:00 AM, Aurore said:

@zoth33 Thank you! That was my entire collection of plain animals (not counting frogs)...:laugh:

The current parrot exists in plain white, and in dark grey … and the chicken exists in some plain colours too. They are quite rare things these days though. 

@Brickwolf Thank you so much! :dhappy:

@williejm Oh right, I had somehow forgotten about the chicken...
The torso is from the Mouth of Sauron (from LOTR set 79007)

Edited by Aurore

On 12/21/2021 at 11:22 AM, Aurore said:

One of my favorite builds you've done so far! The construction is really clever - I'm shocked that more people outside of GoH don't use that dome piece to build their own snow globes!

15 hours ago, Aurore said:

Great figure! I didn't know they made that goblet piece in trans-clear!

On 12/21/2021 at 4:22 AM, Aurore said:

Alrune: "Absolutely not! It's a pocket dimension. In non-technical terms, a portable, tiny private world you can enter using magic!"

Lovely :wub:

My favorite brick built entry so far

16 hours ago, Aurore said:

Dresghar: "As the Cultural Attaché of Embervale, I hereby declare the Winter Solstice Festivities open!"

Great combo

Although I feel this guy will get his lute updated soon :wink:

@DBlegonerd7 Thank you! He's one of the protagonists of the stories I write with my MOCs, I'm slowly getting to know him better...:laugh:

@socalbricks @Robert8 Thank you guys! I'm so glad you both appreciate the snow globe! :blush:
PS : oh yeah, I'm so eager to update the lute!

Day 23 - Seafood Tray

51769448810_eb9c7fcce2.jpg

Dresghar: "Let's start with the hors d'œuvre...A true gourmet keeps an open mind, and even goblin cuisine can be a source of inspiration. When it comes to cooking critters with more legs than reasonable, it's second to none!"

47 minutes ago, Aurore said:

Day 23 - Seafood Tray

Dresghar: "Let's start with the hors d'œuvre...A true gourmet keeps an open mind, and even goblin cuisine can be a source of inspiration. When it comes to cooking critters with more legs than reasonable, it's second to none!"

I’m choosing to interpret this as a happy, live crab, having some fruit and ice cream whilst getting wheeled around for fun. 🦀🍦