Jim

[TC21] Technic Transforming Vehicle Contest - Information Topic (Extended to 31st)

2 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

Well it seems to me that there is a fine line between transforming and functions here. I really only see two entries that transform

That was the catch for me, but according the rules there are many ways to interpret them, quoting the first page: "Create a vehicle that transforms into something else like another type of vehicle, robot, object" :-)

Some entries aren't exactly what I had in mind for this contest, but given the complexity of the contest and multiple ways of interpreting the transformation rule I have no objections with either of the entries. I am happy people took the time to build cool MOCs even though this was a hard contest.

Sorry I’ll eat my words and say 3 proper transformations in my interpretation :grin:

anyway well done everyone, I didn’t even try cause I put it in the too hard basket :blush:

Thanks for another great contest! I feel that as defending TC Champion, I should have participated, but I couldn't make this one work. Thanks @Jim and @Milan for hosting another one and for keeping these contests fresh and continuous. And thanks to all the designers who were will and able to make an entry.

On to voting!

I came, I tried, and I probably failed. But I had lots of fun doing this contest because of how challenging it was. Best of luck to the few that joined me in this great up hill battle!

9 minutes ago, weavil said:

I came, I tried, and I probably failed. But I had lots of fun doing this contest because of how challenging it was. Best of luck to the few that joined me in this great up hill battle!

I feel exactly the same
It has been a great way to try out crazy mechanisms in a small space. I definetly gained a project i will be working on in the future :classic:

And i learned to work on my timing for those contests :grin:

8 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Thanks for another great contest! I feel that as defending TC Champion, I should have participated, but I couldn't make this one work. Thanks @Jim and @Milan for hosting another one and for keeping these contests fresh and continuous. And thanks to all the designers who were will and able to make an entry.

On to voting!

Thanks for the nice words :blush: and to those who participated and voted :sweet:

We will do a simple contest next :laugh: :wink: 

1 hour ago, Jim said:

We will do a simple contest next :laugh: :wink: 

One-set alternative build contest is simple enough.

Let's not derail this topic :laugh:

I probably missed it, but when does voting close? I'm just seeing it now and want to take the time checking the entries. Skimming through the entry topic, I see that some seriously cool stuff has been built this time around. I take my hat off to all people who succeeded entering anything.

On 2/4/2022 at 5:20 PM, Erik Leppen said:

I probably missed it, but when does voting close? I'm just seeing it now and want to take the time checking the entries. Skimming through the entry topic, I see that some seriously cool stuff has been built this time around. I take my hat off to all people who succeeded entering anything.

Dito @Jim When does the voting close? I think it's so close for second place :D

On a side note: Are the participants required to vote? As they can't vote for their own entries, it's like a disadvantage to vote (for others) or am I wrong?

Voting closes when it closes. There is no set date.

29 minutes ago, Jundis said:

On a side note: Are the participants required to vote? As they can't vote for their own entries, it's like a disadvantage to vote (for others) or am I wrong?

It could be a disadvantage. Participants are not required to vote.

5 hours ago, Jim said:

Voting closes when it closes. There is no set date.

It could be a disadvantage. Participants are not required to vote.

Yeah, this was on my mind a lot last week--whether or not I would vote. In the end I did, because it felt sportsmanlike and I didn't think it would hurt my position, but I at least think that in future contests we should either ban participants from voting, or force then to vote, just to avoid the whole dilemma.

2 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

In the end I did, because it felt sportsmanlike and I didn't think it would hurt my position,

Same for me.

2 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

we should either ban participants from voting, or force then to vote, just to avoid the whole dilemma.

This is not necessary I think because this contest is unique in the small number of participants and I think it is fun to vote also with this dilemma as participant. Everyone should make his/hers own choice.

You also get strategic voting if we force participants to vote. 

13 hours ago, Jundis said:

it's like a disadvantage to vote (for others)

As i see it, i'm here to have fun building and use the competition more to get inspiration and a deadline. I'm not in it to win it and it's nice to praise others for the work they put in.