Sign in to follow this  
LordDan

CDC2 Ancient Wonders: Varlyrian Temple

51605193945_a838186832_k.jpg

Deep in the east Varlyrian countryside, far from the bustling canals and thriving cities, lies a wonder of Historica. This shining cathedral is one of several holy sites throughout Varlyrio maintained by an order of Priestesses dedicated to keeping these sacred sites in pristine condition. The temple is renowned for its beauty and craftmanship and intricate tilework, and when the bell tolls people come from far and wide to gather in prayer.

51604528168_75c608423f_k.jpg

Following Dan's trip in Kaliphlin, the next destination of his travels ended up being the beautiful land of Varlyrio. After a long, boring journey full of seasickness, drinking and dreary traveling he finally found himself in the countryside of Eastern Varlyrio, and after dealing with some business in a nearby town Dan found himself with a bit of spare time. So of course when a local mentioned a wonderous place nearby he decided to stop by and visit. However, when he finally arrived at the temple he found the doors barred and the bell silent, quite a difference from the open, welcoming atmosphere he had been told of. Fearing something was amiss, he traveled back into the nearby town and recruited some help in the form of some brave Avalonian soldiers currently vacationing in the area. With some hints from one of the locals they were able to find a secret entrance to the temple and made their way inside. 

51604220233_97c57f9907_k.jpg

51610913977_4175163523_k.jpg

Once inside they discovered that their suspicions had been right. The priestess was locked away in one of the long unused cells beneath the temple, and once they freed her she explained that bandits had come, stolen some provisions and valuables from the temple, and locked her away.

51604886385_e68235330d_k.jpg

51604886475_25ea80c37e_k.jpg

Interior Pics:

51604315451_f86537fbfd_k.jpg

51604971179_b31e88f266_k.jpg

Edited by LordDan
Picture Formatting

Nice temple.  The rock work is good.  The temple itself is sleek and clean looking with its structure.  The intricate designs in the floors and walls are excellent and bring a nice pop of color in the temple.  The bell tower is a nice touch.  

Really nice build. I like the colour accents to balance the grey base colour and the 45 degree door. Cool bell too.

Brilliant, the colors are bold and beautiful! And the interiors keep one impressed as one looks for more. I like the floor with the tiles and cheese slopes, and the use of the newish curved 1x1 along the wall! 

Impressive! The choice of colours is beautiful and original, an the building itself looks very...classy. Great interiors too, I really like how it seems to have been designed with the story in mind!

The vibrant colors you've used really make this build stand out, all the blues are great and I especially enjoy seeing some coral tucked away in there.  I have a bunch of coral tiles myself and they're weighing heavy on my conscience, I feel like I really should use them!  The underground interiors are also great!

On 10/20/2021 at 8:04 PM, zoth33 said:

Nice temple.  The rock work is good.  The temple itself is sleek and clean looking with its structure.  The intricate designs in the floors and walls are excellent and bring a nice pop of color in the temple.  The bell tower is a nice touch.  

Thanks! I try to make my builds sort of clean/ sleek, its the kind of style I like.

On 10/21/2021 at 5:25 AM, Eyrezer said:

Really nice build. I like the colour accents to balance the grey base colour and the 45 degree door. Cool bell too.

Thank you! I tried my best to keep the build from being too much of just plain boring grey. I spent a while trying to figure out what to use for a bell, before I found these bronze looking pieces.

On 10/21/2021 at 9:28 AM, W Navarre said:

Brilliant, the colors are bold and beautiful! And the interiors keep one impressed as one looks for more. I like the floor with the tiles and cheese slopes, and the use of the newish curved 1x1 along the wall! 

Thanks! I couldn't help myself from buying loads of the Dots sets, and now I'm trying to incorporate those parts into my builds.

On 10/21/2021 at 11:28 AM, Aurore said:

Impressive! The choice of colours is beautiful and original, an the building itself looks very...classy. Great interiors too, I really like how it seems to have been designed with the story in mind!

Thanks! :thumbup:

On 10/21/2021 at 12:30 PM, Kai NRG said:

The vibrant colors you've used really make this build stand out, all the blues are great and I especially enjoy seeing some coral tucked away in there.  I have a bunch of coral tiles myself and they're weighing heavy on my conscience, I feel like I really should use them!  The underground interiors are also great!

I have way too many of the coral 1x1 curved tiles, they were at the PaB wall and I bought more of them than I know what to do with :laugh:

This is really nice! The rockwork is great and the temple is spot on! That floor with the cheese slopes is so good!

Terrific colors!  The interior and accompanying story really elevate the MOC!  The stonework around the stairs and the garden flowers might be my favorite parts.

Nice Varlyrian temple.  It's very recognizable as Varlyrian from your choice of colors.  I always wondered what I'd use those salmon colored candlesticks for, and you just showed us!  I like the moziac floor on the 2nd level, and the detail from the massive amount of 2-by tiles on the roof is well done.  The bell at the top is nice, and your gold accents, such as the sai in the window, for window frames, works well.  I also like the size and proportion, showing what looks to be a stout build, multiple floors with interior.  It looks like it could easily be used by a child as a playset, not just a facade or set piece, which is great.  The detail from the tiled floors to the small garden boxes behind the priestess and Dan add a lot to the scene.  It's great to see some veterans of the Guilds around here again!