Brothers Brick has a review of the Dojo Temple! https://www.brothers-brick.com/2021/12/20/lego-ninjago-71767-ninja-dojo-temple-building-on-the-ninjago-evo-theme-review/

Personally the more I look at the Dojo Temple set the more I like it. To me it feels a lot like a much better version of 70728 Battle for Ninjago City, with way more architectural variety and much better landscaping for the cliffs and stairs. I really like how the Ninjago fusion of tradition and technology is balanced in this set with the traditional temple and ninja headquarters in the "basement". And the inclusion of a mech doesn't bother me—on the contrary, it might be a nice way to decide whether the 6+ mechs really satisfy me enough to get the ones sold individually.. All in all it feels like it might end up being one of my favorite "ninja headquarters" sets the theme has had.

I love that style , with the arches forming the basement, colors of parts used in that set are just nice overall so even with open back it still looks very stylish from the back.

I ony have the Legacy monastery in terms of ninja temple locations so I can't really compare it to other sets experience but so far this set looks to have it's value, in many aspects somewhat reminds me of the Knighton Castle rear layout with a ninja/knight area on bottom, weapons/food mid-floor and throne/wu-room in center.

Snake vehicle reminds of the the macy drill from Jestro's Headquarters.

Training ground will make it feel somewhat more complete, and variable, I liked how the skull sorcerer dungeon and journey sets also added nicely to eachother.

Edited by TeriXeri

23 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Brothers Brick has a review of the Dojo Temple! https://www.brothers-brick.com/2021/12/20/lego-ninjago-71767-ninja-dojo-temple-building-on-the-ninjago-evo-theme-review/

Personally the more I look at the Dojo Temple set the more I like it. To me it feels a lot like a much better version of 70728 Battle for Ninjago City, with way more architectural variety and much better landscaping for the cliffs and stairs. I really like how the Ninjago fusion of tradition and technology is balanced in this set with the traditional temple and ninja headquarters in the "basement". And the inclusion of a mech doesn't bother me—on the contrary, it might be a nice way to decide whether the 6+ mechs really satisfy me enough to get the ones sold individually.. All in all it feels like it might end up being one of my favorite "ninja headquarters" sets the theme has had.

Unfortunately I am also starting to come around to the dojo. I say unfortunately because I have a good amount of other sets I'm interested in that are coming up, so I'm not sure I'll be able to fit the dojo in. It does look quite nice though. Like you said, it feels sort of like a modernization of the Battle for Ninjago City set. I still have that one though, so I should probably just skip this one.

I'm low key kinda surprised the sub line for children that doesn't have any tie-in media isn't based on that series of prequel books they're doing or the Twitter novella if that's still a thing (I've been out of the loop for a few years now). 

Anyway, is the rumored 2022 Ninjago City set actually happening?

30 minutes ago, GeneralNumberOne said:

I haven't seen any rumors about that, but either way I don't think it's super likely. So far Ninjago's D2Cs have released in this order: 

Temple of Airjitzu (2015)

NINJAGO City (2017)

NINJAGO City Docks (2018)

NINJAGO City Gardens (2021)

So the only time there was an overlap, where more than one was available, was a point in 2018 where you could get both the city and the docks. The gardens is still available right now (albeit temporarily out of stock), so I don't think we're going to get another one for a little while. There is definitely still an appetite for the Ninjago City sets, so my guess is that we'll probably get another one sometime in 2023.

A new trailer just dropped for the CORE shorts. Looks pretty good, seems to be callbacks and “what ifs?” From latter lessons, such as the island, prime empire, MotM and SotFS. Interestingly only wildbrain studios but I guess that’s down to the animation consistency. There’s also a product animation for Lloyds EVO car. 

Thanks to overlordX

Honestly some of these shots are really intriguing when looking through them. There seems to be an evil version of Lloyds dragon that Kai fights, after the good version leads them to the other dragons that are trapped in some sort of purple dome? Cole is piloting kais EVO mech, zane is straight up missing an arm when he is in his shintaro gear and jumps through a portal after throwing something in, possibly his other arm? Nya is driving the ninja tuner car, further cementing my belief that it is a Nya vehicle. As for plot my best guess is that the evil Lloyd dragon traps some good dragons, one dragon escapes (Lloyds legendary dragon) and it goes to the monestery for help. It then takes the ninja all across Ninjago and even into prime empire to find the other dragons hidden on the island? It’s confusing, and chances are is that the shorts are not even connected in any way. It’s still pretty cool though, and we will hear Cole’s new voice as well.  

Eh I was kinda right. Here’s the Google doc, taken from dailyrolords video. Thanks to him, we can get some short clips from each short, and to be honest it seems as if they where put up by mistake, as most of the shorts are incomplete. As for my plot theory, the quick rundown is that master wu is taken by the legendary dragon, no good or bad dragon, just for some reason the dragon is evil. It flys through portals and the ninja chase after it, and they get in all sorts of problems and challenges that they must over come with their skills. Coles voice is pretty good, definitely sounding like Moro but I’m sure I’ll get used to the change. Here’s the doc:

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1Fn-__eyN8Uin4cHqrVIAuKTIOrLH6ok7/1VQWbVib2CzpZuutvOSURFbbep75Y07r0?usp=sharing&sort=13&direction=a

Edited by a guy from somewhere

On 12/27/2021 at 8:19 AM, GeneralNumberOne said:

I'm low key kinda surprised the sub line for children that doesn't have any tie-in media isn't based on that series of prequel books they're doing or the Twitter novella if that's still a thing (I've been out of the loop for a few years now). 

My guess is people thought Monkie Kid Lantern City was part of Ninjago City, because it is similar in design.

Seems like the dojo is in high demand. I was at LEGO Store Wijnegem (Belgium) on Monday, where it was the only set missing from the wave, aside from the spinners and training grounds. The manager told me they sold out rapidly, admittedly he'd been a bit overwhelmed by the popularity.

So I was looking through old pictures and I came across a pic of the hydro mech in development that I saved from Niek van slagmaats twitter thread and I cant seam to find the original thread? Has anyone got the link or could direct me to it? Im interested in seeing the other images. 

Took Destiny's Bounty (70618) apart today. Very, very carefully. And managed to get through it with no broken brown pieces. Phew! I wasn't so lucky doing the same with MetalBeard's Sea Cow last year.

I heard somewhere that originally Lloyd and Nya were considered for the Ultra Combo Mech too, being a sword and shield, but that idea was scrapped. I'd love to see any other concepts or future additions to the mech to add in Lloyd and Nya. Maybe a future set with two vehicles for them that can combine together on their own. Anyone have any cool ideas? I think it could have been cool to have a motorcycle for Nya that could split up and cover up the open pins and holes on the inner arms of Cole's vehicle when in Mech mode. Maybe then Lloyd could have some kind of other vehicle like a basic car that can be attached somewhere to the upper body of the mech, maybe instead his vehicle could've been a helmet or even beefier head instead of having the small head be a part of Jay's flyer. 

My idea was a wing pack flyer for Lloyd. Similar to the one on Lloyd's Titan Mech. (It would split into four pieces. 2 sets of wings that attach to the open ball sockets on Jay's flyer. And 2 cannons that attach to the open balls on the shoulder armor)

Nya's was going to be maybe a walker that split into a pair of new arms that replaced the ones on Kai's mech. With Kai's arms either being put off to the side or hidden somewhere on the legs or back.

Though instead we could have swapping. Lloyd has a vehicle that can swap out for Jay's. And Nya for Coles.

Mix and match rather than a 6 piece combiner.

Could even give Pixal or Wu an alternate vehicle for legs.

8 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Any idea on what the summer wave will be like? Villains? 

Probably about time they tackled the Vengestone buyer and whatever evil scheme he/she is cooking up.

10 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Probably about time they tackled the Vengestone buyer and whatever evil scheme he/she is cooking up.

I hope it's not snakes again. I also wonder if Core has feplaced Legacy and each winter will now have a core wave and summer will be for tv show season sets. 

Edited by Mr No

I have a feeling its going to be the mayor, I was re-watching march of the oni and the commissioner went off on the mayor, stating:
"Now, I'm not much for speeches but the mayor asked me to say a few words. Not really sure why the mayor couldn't do this herself. Never around, really. It's a riddle to me how she got elected in the first place, and the funding of the police department is—" So she seems to be a shady character who rules via other people. My guess is that she's sick of how the city has been ruined so many times and is slowly building up vengestone as she works with someone like Pythor. The enemy of my enemy is my friend type scenario? So she is building a vengestone stock to hold the ninja and all elementals, because apart from hunted the elementals haven't really done much. 

1 hour ago, Mr No said:

I hope it's not snakes again. I also wonder if Core has feplaced Legacy and each winter will now have a core wave and summer will be for tv show season sets. 

I don't think they'll do snakes again since we just got them this wave (or maybe that's just me being optimistic). On the topic of Legacy, I feel like it'd be weird to bring it back since Core is pretty much a replacement for it, but I also think having an entire wave every year that's mostly dedicated to remakes seems excessive. Legacy had a fair amount of sets but other than January 2021 it never felt like they overshadowed the new wave, and that was for Ninjago's 10th anniversary so I think it was fair. 

I hope LEGO one day does something like a time travel/dimension ninjago season back to the scene of the original Ninja theme, with horses and such.

Doesn't seem that weird considering recent ninjago did their spin on a Video Game dimension,  D&D , Islanders and Aquazone/Atlantis recently, or sky pirates before that.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

We do need a "Big Bad" for the 2 new snake characters to work for

Just a heads up, but Promobricks posted a list of names for the Ninjago summer sets. Sounds like some potentially pretty interesting sets! 

(Copied from Promobricks):

• 71759 4+ Ninja Dragon Temple for $39.99
  • 71768 Jay's Golden Dragon Motor Bike for $19.99
  • 71769 Cole's Golden Dragon Cruiser for $39.99
  • 71770 Zane's Golden Dragon Raider for $29.99
  • 71771 (Dark Temple) for $79.99
  • 71772: The Crystal King for $69.99
  • 71773 Kai's Golden Dragon Raider for $89.99
  • 71774 (Golden Dragon) for $139.99
  • 71775 Samurai X Mech for $199.99 (FalconFan lists this as $119)
Edited by NoOneOfImportance

10 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Just a heads up, but Promobricks posted a list of names for the Ninjago summer sets. Sounds like some potentially pretty interesting sets! 

holy....

13 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

*oh2*

Now is it Legacy for Nya? Or modern for Pixal?

7 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Interesting. Thanks. 
It seems Samurai X Mech is a Pixal's set and not Nya's. Also, Dark Temple, Golden Dragon stuff... maybe the Overlord is coming back?

Just now, Takanuinuva said:

*oh2*

Now is it Legacy for Nya? Or modern for Pixal?

According to Promobricks, it is for Pixal.