KimT

2008 Picture thread

Love the spider droid interesting to see the c and what its made of.entral ball thing. The twighlight is Ugly :sick: it a flying box with some smaller boxes on the side :laugh:

These 2 new sets looks very promising, and is a great addition to the upcoming Star Wars set too. I love the homing spider droid set which has the clone trooper. For that reason, I will consider to get one of this. Twilight, for the first look, I thought it was a re-make of B-Wing fighter. It seemed there is a new fig come along with it. :sweet:

Here is the pictures of the nex sets:

-The Homing Spider-Droid

Homing_Spider-droid.200863105422.jpg

-The Twilight

Twilight.200863105512.jpg

Enjoy! :wink:

The Homing spider Droid looks great! I like the twilight for this reason, It looks like crap! The ship it self not the necessarily the lego set, but looking through the fuzz it appears that they took a bad looking ship and greebeled it quite a bit, which is great not just for parts but a nice trend to see.

Does anyone else peer through the fuzzy image and see that the the amount of pieces in Homing is somewhere in the 200s and the Tilight doesn't look like it is much more if not the same.

As much as I am enjoying all the ranges that Lego is bringing out this year and the increased quantity of my beloved Star Wars, my wallet is already starting to weep at the cost of it all. Come on Lego slow it down a bit! Not that this will stop me buying them all.

The more I see that Twilight, the more I like it. The B-Wing is one of my favourite model and one with which I've hade the most pleasure building; And this one seems to be a more complicated one.

Sure it looks like a flying box but it seems to have quite a few features and greebles in its build to compensate.

The HSD looks great too.

Aaw... I wonder how I'm gonna do to afford all of the new wave... Tighten the belt, I supose... :laugh:

Here is the pictures of the nex sets:

-The Homing Spider-Droid

Homing_Spider-droid.200863105422.jpg

-The Twilight

Twilight.200863105512.jpg

Enjoy! :wink:

Many thanks for the pictures! That Homing Spider looks really good, I can't wait to buy it! And the Twilight doesn't look that bad either!

I wouldn't say the box with wings is THAT bad. It's ok :sadnew:

As for the Homing Spider Droid: :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

The Homing Spider Droid: ?20 < price < ?40

The Twilight: ?40 < price < ?50

soz if you don't understand my pricing...

I'm talking in UK Pounds

Edited by The Rancor

*THIS IS ALL SPECULATIVE*

If I am reading the fuzzy writing correctly it looks like there are 204 pieces in the HSD, There are quite a bit of minifigs and prices has gone up lately, I would expect the price to be either $19.99 to $29.99 USD

Twilight doesn't have a piece count, however it doesn't look that big, but with lots of greeblies, There doesn't appear to be any exclusive figures to the Twilight only so I'm going to vote for the price being somewhere around $29.99 to $44.99 USD Thats kinda a large range but with out clearer pictures it's hard to tell exactly how large it is.

Lego knows they have us.

My first thought upon seeing the pictures was for the Spider Droid: If its over $20 I'll only buy one!

Only one. Silly Addict.

-Tohst

Haha I actually kinda like the Twilight. It's cute.. and weird. Although, what exactly is it?

Ah well, loving that Homing Spider Droid! What a brilliant and accurate design <3 I'd actually consider buying that.

Funky pics.

-- Andrex

Looking at this website, it seems that the Homing Spider Droid will be about 20-25$ and the Twilight will be around 80-90$.

As much as I am enjoying all the ranges that Lego is bringing out this year and the increased quantity of my beloved Star Wars, my wallet is already starting to weep at the cost of it all. Come on Lego slow it down a bit! Not that this will stop me buying them all.

My sentiments exactly. As great as all these new sets are, not many people are going to be able to but them all. Does anyone on here plan to buy them all? I for one only plan to buy the Gunship and the Death Star for sure. Any other ones I'll just have to see what I can afford. They all look so great as well. :sceptic:

The Spider droid looks really good with a good selection of figs but I'm not feeling the Twilight. To me the word "twilight" sounds sleek and shiny. This thing looks more like it should be called "The Clunkadunk" or something similar. It really looks like part of a Turbo Tank with wings stuck on. But I suppose it does show a good representation of how a B-Wing has evolved.

Looking at this website, it seems that the Homing Spider Droid will be about 20-25$ and the Twilight will be around 80-90$.

Hmmm...I guess no Twilight for me.

I like the HSD. I know the movie ones towered over the battle droids, but I don't remember if it was taller than this. The minifigs look like Rex, a clone, a super battle droid, commander battle droid, and a battle droid. But I'm confused. On the list of minifigs, it (the ARC) looks blue, but on the battlefield, looks red. Hope it's red. Hopefully more clones. A lot more. At least three.

Twilight looks good, except the wings are too thin. They are thin in the ref pics I could find, but I think this is one case where the designers should've overridden canon material and make the wings thicker so it looks better. The minifigs look like anime Anakin, Ashoka, Rotta, and a red R2. I wish there was another colored R2 unit.

The more I see that Twilight, the more I like it. The B-Wing is one of my favourite model and one with which I've hade the most pleasure building; And this one seems to be a more complicated one.

Sure it looks like a flying box but it seems to have quite a few features and greebles in its build to compensate.

I agree.

That Homing Spider Droid looks fantastic! :wub: I always wondered if TLC would make one, and now they have, and it looks amazing! Now we have something to go with the Hailfire Droid! :laugh:

~Peace

That site does not look reliable at all; it also says that the TX-130 will be over $130! :laugh:

Yeah, you have to remember that part of the world is infected by severe inflation so the prices will be way off. Anyhow, looking at it, the Homing Spider looks no more that $30.

Hmm, interesting. The HSD looks generally good, but I'm not to fond of the brick called twightlight(weird name).

To me both sets are great. The Homing Spider Droid looks awesome and really accurate and with that bunch of nice minifigs I sure will buy one. For the Twilight I continue thinking is a cool ship, it looks pretty accurate to the one we seeing in the trailer if you ask me. In the prices I estimate $19.99-$29.99 for the HSD and $79.99-$89.99 in the Twilight, How I give that much to the Twilight? Is because if you look at the ages the Twilight have a 9-12 age range and commonly the TLC just give that range to big sets :wink: .

Edited by darkrebellion

My sentiments exactly. As great as all these new sets are, not many people are going to be able to but them all. Does anyone on here plan to buy them all? I for one only plan to buy the Gunship and the Death Star for sure. Any other ones I'll just have to see what I can afford.the Twilight.

I'm buying them all...in a matter of 4 months of their release.

It (twilight) looks like it has as many pieces as the B-wing 400-ish. so I'd think it cost around $60.

The SHD looks as if its a super large size of the crab droid.

All of the sets look good and most (like me) plan to buy them all. ALL OF THEM.

I think that the homing spider droid is pretty accurate, and the twilight looks as if it will be like

the roge shadow in means of its, eh, non semetrical...eh shape(cough*ugly*cough cough).

Ooh! I'm liking the HSD, especially the clones. The RED (!) ARC trooper looks great, but in the pic he looks a bit wierd, like he's aiming at the screen. Also, what is that thing between the clones and the droids? Some kind of droid. :sceptic:

This thing looks more like it should be called "The Clunkadunk" or something similar. It really looks like part of a Turbo Tank with wings stuck on. But I suppose it does show a good representation of how a B-Wing has evolved.

:laugh: Spot on...

The Spider-Droid looks great, I love Episode II style sets. The Twilight I can live without, I think, although I loved the B-wing build. As said above, there's way too many expensive SW sets coming out in a relatively short space of time. I think they could have spaced out the releases better, rather than releasing the (majority of) cheaper ones in January. I'll wait to see prices as well. Still, there's obviously a market for all these sets or Lego wouldn't be releasing them, and they're probably timed to be on shelves in the lead up to the Christmas rush.