Willow is a 1988 film with story and produced by George Lucas and directed by Ron Howard. With Warwick Davis in the lead role.

It will have a Disney TV series in 2022.

The project has 513 as of this time on LEGO Ideas:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/55c36299-4a0a-48b8-9dfa-c623ad427260

If you like it, please support it's free!

Tir Asleen:

webp

X04DeXN.jpg

webp

NCJmmin.jpg

webp

X8yzRbi.jpg

xbLUbiK.jpg

portcullis (raised by a winch on the battlements)

webp

NXuodZR.jpg

webp

Rolling barrel rolling down the walkway like in the film. On the left: tunnel (on a hinge piece. In the film Madmartigan hid with boxes/hay in the film and surprised attack Queen Bavmorda troops)

webp

UN7Ln23.jpg

webp

Battle over the bridge with the troll:

Also notice a person frozen in a crystal and the troll poo that Madmartigan unluckily steps in the film

webp

SXv9Lys.jpg

Another person trapped in a crystal. And a cage similar to the one Madmartigan was in earlier in the film.

webp

5YgarJW.jpg

Catapult. In the film it's placed on the battlements between the two towers.

webp

NJHFmtG.jpg

The Eborsisk dragon that Willow accidentally transformed from a troll.

webp

obo7IXs.jpg

eborsiskreadynom.jpgeborsk.jpg

Project Link again:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/55c36299-4a0a-48b8-9dfa-c623ad427260

Great idea. Supported.  This is such a fun movie.  General Kael was my favorite as I always seem to like the villains as they were usually the more interesting characters.  Val Kilmer was great in this movie and Warwick Davis is an Icon.  The details are great.  The castle looks spot on.  This was such a great scene in the movie.  I love when Mad Martigan yells at the troll.  The 2 headed beast looks good but the body could be a little thicker just looks to thin.  Other than that this is wonderful.  

Yeah the two headed beast could be a little bigger so the face was a little more recognizable. Other then that it looks great.

What did you use for the bottom of the portcullis? I didn't recognize the part?

Edited by natesroom

4 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Wow! This is an excellent castle!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Great idea. Supported.  This is such a fun movie.  General Kael was my favorite as I always seem to like the villains as they were usually the more interesting characters.  Val Kilmer was great in this movie and Warwick Davis is an Icon.  The details are great.  The castle looks spot on.  This was such a great scene in the movie.  I love when Mad Martigan yells at the troll.  The 2 headed beast looks good but the body could be a little thicker just looks to thin.  Other than that this is wonderful.  

Thanks! About General Kael I thought he was the generic villain with the spiked horned helmet common tropes like in Beastmaster and what not. But they gave him a bit of character being loyal to the evil queen and what not even being mistreated. True I realized it myself for the beast but wanted to rush out the set anyway haha. I think I'll use some studs on the side and add round parts to build it up now looking at it.

2 hours ago, natesroom said:

Yeah the two headed beast could be a little bigger so the face was a little more recognizable. Other then that it looks great.

What did you use for the bottom of the portcullis? I didn't recognize the part?

Screwdriver pieces. They work quite well! Spears or harpoons could be used as well for similar builds but of course the screwdrivers matched better here for the movie design.

This is really good. Great renders, details and the hydra is very good for brick built 

My only negative is some of the faces. The short guy in particular looks rather terrifying 

6 hours ago, Merlict said:

This is really good. Great renders, details and the hydra is very good for brick built 

My only negative is some of the faces. The short guy in particular looks rather terrifying 

Tried to modify it 6 times but couldn't get it right for any of them. 🤣 Think need to redo it from scratch with mouth closed.

qNXxw1g.png

The combination of teeth and lips don't look very LEGO-like to me. The tiny eyes in some also look a bit off.

On 4/26/2021 at 12:10 PM, MAB said:

The combination of teeth and lips don't look very LEGO-like to me. The tiny eyes in some also look a bit off.

native

Fixed it now by making it simple :laugh:. Thank you for the extra push.

I believe it’s Ideas like this where we have our best chance at a Castle in the Ideas line.  Not only is it a property that has the possibility of pulling others in, but there are a lot of different building techniques than we’ve seen from Lego.  I’ve supported most Castles in Ideas but while they’re great for us Castle fans, I don’t think Lego would do them as their catchment is pretty limited and there’s no real new techniques being applied.  While not the most well known property, it would have some pull.  I’m supporting. 👍

On 5/4/2021 at 8:34 PM, INTENSS said:

I believe it’s Ideas like this where we have our best chance at a Castle in the Ideas line.  Not only is it a property that has the possibility of pulling others in, but there are a lot of different building techniques than we’ve seen from Lego.  I’ve supported most Castles in Ideas but while they’re great for us Castle fans, I don’t think Lego would do them as their catchment is pretty limited and there’s no real new techniques being applied.  While not the most well known property, it would have some pull.  I’m supporting. 👍

Interesting point!

We probably do need to get a new ip approved to get a castle. Especially with the new creator set now.

Thank you for supporting! Fingers crossed! None of 56 or so projects have gotten 10k (the biggest one was an expired 3k one). But hopefully this is one of them if any of them do reach.

On 5/4/2021 at 8:34 PM, INTENSS said:

Given how many castles get rejected I doubt we'll see a castle come through IDEAS. If LEGO want to make an 18+ Castle, they will make one without needing IDEAS. We might see another Blacksmith style associated set in a few years, but I cannot see a full castle coming that way.

As to needing more IP based IDEAS to get a castle, we already have Harry Potter with its good sales to a large fanbase. I don't know what the fanbase of Willow is, but given its age and lack of modern revivals presumably it is way smaller than HP, Tron, Wall-E, The Big Bang Theory, Friends, Seinfeld, The Flintstones, The Office, ...

On 5/6/2021 at 8:29 AM, MAB said:

Given how many castles get rejected I doubt we'll see a castle come through IDEAS. If LEGO want to make an 18+ Castle, they will make one without needing IDEAS. We might see another Blacksmith style associated set in a few years, but I cannot see a full castle coming that way.

As to needing more IP based IDEAS to get a castle, we already have Harry Potter with its good sales to a large fanbase. I don't know what the fanbase of Willow is, but given its age and lack of modern revivals presumably it is way smaller than HP, Tron, Wall-E, The Big Bang Theory, Friends, Seinfeld, The Flintstones, The Office, ...

Could see them doing a castle if the ip required it. Because with a default non ip castle they have the 3 in 1, and the set people voted for. And recently the blacksmith.  So feel it would need different things added in or character that can hold the set on themselves. (Not talking about Willow but in general. Who knows for sure though.

4 hours ago, MasterStud said:

Could see them doing a castle if the ip required it. Because with a default non ip castle they have the 3 in 1, and the set people voted for. And recently the blacksmith.  So feel it would need different things added in or character that can hold the set on themselves. (Not talking about Willow but in general. Who knows for sure though.

Right, but I was talking about a Castle set, rather than a castle that happens to come as part of a license that probably won't please Castle fans.

20 hours ago, MAB said:

Right, but I was talking about a Castle set, rather than a castle that happens to come as part of a license that probably won't please Castle fans.

Ah right makes sense.

Though the Harry Potter castles are kind of the rich lord type castle/old University type architecture plus semi-modern setting and more wizardry than knights.

Using this Willow one in particular now. It has the dragon, knights, battlements, gate, catapults etc that fits closer to a castle theme. The main character is becoming a wizard like Harry Potter but the rest fits closer.

Wonder if it was a set and released if it would be compared a bit that way. Or if it's considered completely it's own thing without too many realizing it's a bit like having a new castle.

I can only speak for myself, but when I want historical sets I don't really care about the building or design. I can do that myself using parts from other themes.  It's the minifigures that I want, plus any new historic parts. So in that sense, a castle in a licensed set is no different to a spaceship or a vehicle if the colour and part types are similar.