Sign in to follow this  
Klaus-Dieter

Which is your favourite cycle shop?

Which is your favourite cycle shop?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite cycle shop?

• 6373 Motorcycle Shop
    • 6699 Cycle Fix-It Shop
    • 6426 Super Cycle Center

Hello everybody!

Since TLG has regrettably released only few shops until now - and they were cycle shops - I thought it would be interesting to know which is the favourite one here at EB. So please vote from that list of two cycle shops below:

6373 Motorcycle Shop

6373-1.jpg

6699 Cycle Fix-It Shop

6699-1.jpg

6426 Super Cycle Center

6426-1.jpg

Comments are welcome! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by imperialshadows
Added 6426 to the poll.

Interesting poll, KD :thumbup:

My vote goes to 6699: Cycle Fix it Shop. However, I do have a feeling that most members will prefer 6373: Motorcycle Shop due to its larger shop and that 3 motor bikes (Yellow and Blue). The main reason why I voted for 6699, is because I owned that set. It looks real simple but real nice. It is just a shop-front with a mechanic waiting for customers to come and repair their bikes or bicycle. The special part about this set is the printed tile of the shop's logo. :classic:

I have to go with 6699 also. It isn't as flashy as it's big brother, but it's got everything it needs and a lot of charm.

It's funny because I don't remember owning the set, but I've had these two parts forever, and they only came in it, so I must have owned it.

4864apx7.1084848214.jpg4864apx9.1084848220.jpg

You know those would be stickers these days. :sceptic:

6373 for me, because it's bigger, flashier and it's got a three motorcycles, one of them in ultra-rare yellow. Well, it's the one I would have preferred if I could buy either one.

I'm also going to point out that 6426 isn't present in the poll, which (trikes aside) really isn't that bad.

I'm also going to point out that 6426 isn't present in the poll, which (trikes aside) really isn't that bad.

Added to the poll. :thumbup:

Super Cycle Center. I got it for Christmas many years ago and being a child, I broke it when I got bored. One of the best sets I've ever gotten. Along with the police station from that era. I got them together, I think?

6373 FTW! I had that set in my original town... just look at it... office space, a full show-room and window display and even more stock out the front... ahhh... c'mon TLC, enough with the police and fire construction, lets build some more retail shops and business and GROW the town...

6373 for me, even though I don't own any of these sets (too young :cry_sad: ), it looks the best out of them as it is the big flashy and includes a lot of nice details. The Super Cycle Center also looks okay if you can get over the juniorization :sceptic: . BTW interesting idea for a poll.

Edited by MacK

6426 - I hated the fact that they replaced the (cruiser looking) motorcycles with trikes. Unfortunately, I was biased against this set from the get go. (do not own)

6699 - Great little set. The Cycle fix it shop was compact, yet they could fix bicycles and motorcycles from what their sign said. (own)

6373 - KING! LOL, one of my favorite sets from the TOWN line. Motorcycles, an office, a great size, I just loved everything about that set. (own)

Yup, I vote for 6373. And yes, great poll!!

I voted for 6373 because it is bigger than 6699. But both sets 6373 and 6699 are very beautiful! I don't like 6426 for one simply reason: juniorisation.

Edited by legotrainfan

6373 all the way!

I was in early grade school, and my parent's friend's older son had this set. I wasn't allowed to play with it, but I stared at it forever, with much jealousy.

6373 or 6699, both are great, can't choose at the moment. Only they could have used slightly more interior.

6426 was just horrible, from the time town was at its worst.

The first one had three cool bikes, a bunch of the old helmets, and a great overall design. I picked this up a few weeks ago just for the helmets.

Probable the first one 6373 man i wish i had it :cry_sad: With those RARE cycle screen pieces [What ever they're called]

*Sigh*

6373 Motorcycle Shop - Man I wish I had it!! I fell in love with it the moment I saw it on the catalog, but never got to own one. A couple of years ago one guy told me he had this for sale, but he never returned my call :cry_sad: . The old motorcycles are so beautiful compared to the new oversized Superbike (IMO new dirt bike is better), unfortunately I have only a couple of gray ones.

6699 Cycle Fix-It Shop is nearly as good, I miss those bicycles so much too, I so wish TLC brings them back to city sets someday.

Thank you for your votes and comments (so far)! :sweet:

I voted for 6699 for the same reasons as WhiteFang:

Interesting poll, KD :thumbup:

My vote goes to 6699: Cycle Fix it Shop. However, I do have a feeling that most members will prefer 6373: Motorcycle Shop due to its larger shop and that 3 motor bikes (Yellow and Blue). The main reason why I voted for 6699, is because I owned that set. It looks real simple but real nice. It is just a shop-front with a mechanic waiting for customers to come and repair their bikes or bicycle. The special part about this set is the printed tile of the shop's logo. :classic:

Added to the poll. :thumbup:

Thanks, imperialshadows! :sweet:

I wanted to add a newer cycle shop to this poll, too :wink: , but I didn't find pics. Anyway we've got now a third choice with a newer (and even :sick: - :laugh: ) set.

ahhh... c'mon TLC, enough with the police and fire construction, lets build some more retail shops and business and GROW the town...

I totally agree with you, welcomestranger!

TLG went in the right direction with bringing back the harbor theme to City :thumbup: . Now it's time for a post office, a bank and some shops and little restaurants :wink: !

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I voted for 6699 for the same reasons as WhiteFang:

TLG wents in the right direction with bringing back the harbor theme to City :thumbup: . Now it's time for a post office, a bank and some shops and little restaurants :wink: !

Great minds think alike! :tongue:

Yes, it's about time that TLG is heading towards more "city" oriented buildings. I want to see more buildings to fit into our growing city. Enough of police station, fire station, how many of these can we really need? There are the basics of the City, I must agreed. However, without retails stores, necessary amenities, how will our City really "grow"? :blush:

I voted for the second option for several reasons:

First of all, it is small and therefore a nice variation in the current large buildings I am obtaining mostly. For me some small buildings would be very much appreciated, varying from a snack-shop to a telephone box. This shop perfectly fits in this idea.

Secondly, the architecture is representing a specific time in lego city constructing. For me it was a time where I obtained many small sets, but little buildings. This building, together with a small post-office of that time, is the only exception...

...which brings me to my third reason: its the only one of the three I own ;-)

Great minds think alike! :tongue:

Yes, it's about time that TLG is heading towards more "city" oriented buildings. I want to see more buildings to fit into our growing city. Enough of police station, fire station, how many of these can we really need? There are the basics of the City, I must agreed. However, without retails stores, necessary amenities, how will our City really "grow"? :blush:

I totally agree with you, WhiteFang!

And there have to be female minifigs, too - otherwise it'll soon be over with our Citys :cry_sad: ! :laugh:

But let's discuss this in the topic Ideas for new City sets :wink: .

...which brings me to my third reason: its the only one of the three I own ;-)

I, too, only own this set :wink: but I think it has been the best cycle shop until now.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I voted for 6699. I like how it's for both Motorcycles and bicycles.

Lego should make a new cycle shop with the new motorcycles (or bring back the older ones.). That would be pretty cool.

6373 has always been a favorite of mine. Someone gave me this set second-hand when I was a kid and it was always fun to play with, even though I think some pieces were missing. Those early Town sets somehow combined a perfect simplicity with a fun complexity. In this case, the shop is a simple but visually appealing design, yet there's a lot to do - a showroom, an office, lots of motorcycles and helmets. You really had all you need to "play shop."

I've been desiring this set again for a long time. I just recently secured a $25 coupon for eBay through my credit card, as well a $7 shipping coupon. I found a seller who had this set, complete, for $50 BIN. I made the leap and ended up only paying $26 outside of the coupons. Can't wait to build it again! I think I'm even going to use this set in my comic as a hang-out for Schwartz. He needs somewhere to get his rocktcycle repaired!

I, too, am disappointed that Lego has lost its focus on actually releasing TOWN sets. I guess Police and Fire sets sell because of the inherent adventure, but some new houses and business buildings are sorely in order. I know that there are both in the Creator line, but they're not as themed as real Town sets would be, and not all are minifig scale. Lego needs to rectify this; it's a shame that you have to track down 25-year old sets to get certain kinds of buildings. I DO like the Town Square set that came out recently, especially its Back to the Future resemblance, but haven't sprung for it yet. I may never. :-(

P.S. I'm hoping it's okay to revive old threads about certain sets, rather than create new ones.

Edited by KDog

P.S. I'm hoping it's okay to revive old threads about certain sets, rather than create new ones.

Yes, its defintely alright to do so since you have indicate a good written reason. These are some good classic bike shops in the 1980s and its a great addition to Classic Town. :wink:

The 6373 is the best one. And me too, nothing to say about it. Although I have set 6699 also, nice little quick repair shop. I didn't know that set 6426 did exsist.