Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

Advent calendar hasn't leaked but I think it's allegedly containing Dudley in his Pyjamas, Griphook and others, sounds like it's based on Philosopher's Stone.

That's correct. 

If anyone is near a LEGO store, one in Boston has recently had the 38801 snake piece in as part of the Build A Minifigure section. You can also get them from Bricks and Pieces for about the same price, but still a nice accessory option.

Ive tried to read through this topic, and also tried the search both here and @google, but still couldnt find what the new $250 d2c set this year would be.

There was a rumor about a chess set, but as far as i could find, that is no longer the $250 one as the chess board that comes out this year is lots cheaper.

So, does anyone know what it would be? 

I've read elsewere that it might be an extension for Diagon Alley, in the form of Gringott's bank... So again, does anyone know more?

Thanks in advance :)

2 minutes ago, maramsp said:

Ive tried to read through this topic, and also tried the search both here and @google, but still couldnt find what the new $250 d2c set this year would be.

There was a rumor about a chess set, but as far as i could find, that is no longer the $250 one as the chess board that comes out this year is lots cheaper.

So, does anyone know what it would be? 

I've read elsewere that it might be an extension for Diagon Alley, in the form of Gringott's bank... So again, does anyone know more?

Thanks in advance :)

The current rumor is buildable objects known as "Hogwarts Icons". Not really sure what that will be, but most likely in the same vein as what the buildable Harry and Hermione, and Fawkes are.

Edited by Childe_Roland
Added.

3 hours ago, Childe_Roland said:

The current rumor is buildable objects known as "Hogwarts Icons". Not really sure what that will be, but most likely in the same vein as what the buildable Harry and Hermione, and Fawkes are.

Yep, my current best guess is buildable house mascots in some form. Only time will tell! 

12 minutes ago, BigHobbit said:

Yep, my current best guess is buildable house mascots in some form. Only time will tell! 

Maybe so. Unless it's minifigure scale I don't think I have any interest, but I'd like to see the sets before I definateivly decide.

18 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Is anybody else unable to get on Bricklink today? Keep getting a 403 error and clearing everything isn't helping. :(

I think there was a maintenance on 21st but ever since, there has been nothing to prohibit people from entering. Maybe try in a few minutes, I've noticed that Eurobricks has an error showing around 13:00 in my time region, which is about 2 hours more than yours (roughly), so BL might have a similar problem.

5 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

I think there was a maintenance on 21st but ever since, there has been nothing to prohibit people from entering. Maybe try in a few minutes, I've noticed that Eurobricks has an error showing around 13:00 in my time region, which is about 2 hours more than yours (roughly), so BL might have a similar problem.

Thanks. I've been trying all day and no luck. Down detectors say it's working so I put a VPN on and it let me in which suggests that my IP address has been blocked. But I can't for the life of me think why considering I haven't bought anything for a couple of months and haven't done anything wrong!

25 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

But I can't for the life of me think why considering I haven't bought anything for a couple of months and haven't done anything wrong!

Maybe some sort of virus or something is blocking you're IP adress, as you said. I'm not a frequent buyer on BL but so far no trouble have come my way (maybe it's because the country I live in is so irrelevant to the rest of the world, only kind of hackers I could hope for would be from Russia. :grin:)

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Is anybody else unable to get on Bricklink today? Keep getting a 403 error and clearing everything isn't helping. :(

It's working fine for me :def_shrug:

Also working here as we speak. 

But i do know that some websites that use custom software that saw them build, can give errors over time, but not for everyone. 

Take game debate for example. A friend of mine that lives a couple of blocks away and has the same provider as me had a 403 error some time back, and my brother (who lives 40km away with a different provider) as well, while i could reach game-debate with no problem at all.

I dont know if bricklink had used custom software, but it could be something like i described.

@Jack Sassy @lego_guyon02 Thanks guys!

@maramsp That's very interesting thank you. I mean Bricklink is linked to Lego now and we all know what their IT systems are like, but I feel lile I've been put on the naughty step and no idea why!

Anyway, you've all been most helpful, but I won't carry on the discussion further. :)

Edited by BacktoBricks

I didn't browse the entire discussion yet about the new sets, I am about at page 300 yet. My favorite set of the new wave is definitely the Hogsmeade one, is probably the only one that I will buy as I can't stand the green rooftop of the other sets. About the Advent Calendar, why it will be settled again as first movie/book background, after the first one of two years ago?

1 minute ago, Sam27 said:

About the Advent Calendar, why it will be settled again as first movie/book background, after the first one of two years ago?

The entire year of sets is focused on the Anniversary so it makes sense for the AC to follow suit.

1 hour ago, Albert with an A said:

Sorry if it has been said before but do we know what variant of Ron and Hermione will be included in the Advent Calendar? 

I believe it was rumored at one point that they'll be in their pre-Sorting robes, though I don't remember if any reputable leakers confirmed it.

I suppose since it hasn’t been changed, Flying Lesson is actually coming out August 1st. Which begs the question...why is it up already?

3 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I believe it was rumored at one point that they'll be in their pre-Sorting robes, though I don't remember if any reputable leakers confirmed it.

That's correct, came from me :wink:

We've reached the post-reveal lull! I'd be interested to know everyone's favourite minifigure, new part/printed piece and build detail of each set.

Here are my picks.

76386 Polyjuice Potion - Harry/Goyle, polyjuice cup, moving sink

76387 Fluffy Encounter - Gold Hermione, Sleepy Fluffy head, protruding torches

76388 Hogsmeade - Madam Rosmerta, Honeydukes window panes, snow on the roofs

76389 Chamber of Secrets - Sinistra, barn owl, little landings in great hall with potions/chessboard

76392 Chessboard - Harry, pawn helmets, bishop build

76393 Harry and Hermione - Hermione?, torso print, Hermione hair build

76394 Fawkes - Dumbledore, Fawkes (minifig scale), build of Fawkes' neck

76395 Flying lesson - Madam Hooch, James Potter shield, statue

Here's my picks @Yope

76386 Polyjuice Potion - Harry (I like the new confused(?) face), the sink feature is cool, especially since it can be combined with the Chamber of Secrets

76387 Fluffy Encounter - I like the new headpieces for Fluffy and the harp build

76388 Hogsmeade - Professor McGonagall, Honeydukes windows, and I like that the butterbeer mug is back

76389 Chamber of Secrets - Dumbledore, Cornish pixies, the slide down to the chamber is cool, only because of its connectivity to the bathroom

76392 Chessboard - Ron, I don't have much else to say about this set.

76393 Harry and Hermione - I am super excited to see how the robe piece on Harry works

76394 Fawkes - Dumbledore, Fawkes' head looks really nice

76395 Flying lesson - Madame Hooch for sure. Best version of that character to date.

Still waiting on the D2C reveal. I'm just holding out a faint hope that the rumors about it are wrong and that it's something I might want to buy.

9 minutes ago, Lacdaran said:

Still waiting on the D2C reveal. I'm just holding out a faint hope that the rumors about it are wrong and that it's something I might want to buy.

Very unlikely. After all, we have a rough concept plus a set name, not much wiggle room for anything but a collection of brick-built Hogwarts-related objects :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Lacdaran said:

Me too :/

I've built two of the four Hogwarts sets and I really like them even though I don't care about HP at all. The figures are really nice too. 

One thing I'm curious about, which probably got brought up and I missed it, what colour roofs do everyone prefer? I kind of miss sand green and liking how the anniversary sets look. :)