Just a quick question, this set has not been retired yet, correct?  I have been wanting to pick it up and now have the funds, but out of stock on lego.com and not in the local store.  I hope I didn't miss it.  

15 hours ago, Herky said:

Just a quick question, this set has not been retired yet, correct?  I have been wanting to pick it up and now have the funds, but out of stock on lego.com and not in the local store.  I hope I didn't miss it.  

It's not even a year old, I would not be worried at all. In EU shop it is just "pending" stating that new orders will be delivered on March 3rd

3 hours ago, bitbamboo said:

It's not even a year old, I would not be worried at all. In EU shop it is just "pending" stating that new orders will be delivered on March 3rd

Thanks!  It has shown out of stock since the holidays for the US site.  Frustrating.

and now I see Lego is going to release the Ulysses again tomorrow...interesting

Ordered the needed pieces for the mod.

I hope to receive them very soon so I can modify the hinge

Edited by Dragunov2

Just received the bricks and what an easy fix for the middle hinge...

Lego could make this themselves, so there was no gap at all straight from their designer table...

Glad we have such a great LEGO community!!!

1 hour ago, Dragunov2 said:

Just received the bricks and what an easy fix for the middle hinge...

Lego could make this themselves, so there was no gap at all straight from their designer table...

Glad we have such a great LEGO community!!!

Better late than never! So easy that it’s hard to think they looked at it from QC aspect, so must have been an oversight, maybe distracted by the Hubble build going into the cargo bay.

Not their finest hour for sure. In fact, the entire model, whilst so many positive aspects, I found to be fragile to such an extent I actually had to glue large sections of it. I’ve never had to do with any set, before or since.

Which parts needed glue? 

Here the model is very stable. Only the cargo Doors are a bit wobbly, cause I split them in four seperate doors. 

Also added two extra seats