Jim

Technic General Discussion

Today the bike 8420 arrived and i must say there are many of useful and rare parts!

The red bodyparts are very useful for my crawler body, my next project.

Black bushings, angle 4 axle connectors, one big shock absorber......... really good parts :thumbup:

Also the famous Backhoe loader why is it so popular? Had 3 variants if I remember correct. Oh and the tow truck! Also a very popular model within official sets.

Any thoughts?

Wel the 8455 has 12 pneuMatic cilinders and 7 valves. When you want pneumatic this is the set to go for. At least that is what i think.

Wel the 8455 has 12 pneuMatic cilinders and 7 valves. When you want pneumatic this is the set to go for. At least that is what i think.

10 cylinders actually :classic: . From under 800 parts you built a model that boasts many authentic working functions to rival (and in many cases surpass) many much larger (bloated) sets.

Quick question

I just aquired the RC Buggy parts (motors, receiver/batterybox, controller and steering unit), and started making a rear axle with pushrod suspension, using the two buggy motors

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

As you see, it is roughly the same scale as the 42000 (same wheels), so it is fairly big.

The question is; if I complete a body of a formula 1 style car, in the same scale as the 42000, will the setup be strong enough to drive it around fairly easily?

I would make it as light as possible, but nevertheless, it's bound to be fairly bigger than both the RC Race Buggy and the Supersonic RC models..

Any thoughts?

thats nice d3k, I got a buggy set too, jsut trying to figure out what to do with the motors, if you have more details on how you built it, please send it to me.

Should do ok, might not be the most efficient but with some good batteries those motors should do fine as they are. Hopefully those CV joints won't be a problem, I've found they tend to pop out the socket due to the socket itself being made of utterly butterly!

thats nice d3k, I got a buggy set too, jsut trying to figure out what to do with the motors, if you have more details on how you built it, please send it to me.

Please check my bricksafe under "Ideas" for more pictures of the setup

Should do ok, might not be the most efficient but with some good batteries those motors should do fine as they are. Hopefully those CV joints won't be a problem, I've found they tend to pop out the socket due to the socket itself being made of utterly butterly!

I guess I'll just have to try! :sweet:

Hey guys! Thanks for previous answers. I wanted to discuss some future of LEGO sets. Like distant future.

There was a thread somewhere here "What LEGO didn't built yet" or something like that, where people offered new ideas of vehicles but I cannot find it. So lets post some examples here maybe?

The second thing - there was some great evolutionary steps in Lego like when it went from wood to plastic and when technic went from studs to studless. I wonder what the next step of the design may be in future.

What's the future form of studless?

pin-less design maybe? :wink:

I do have a little question about Technic. Why is LEGO still producing 40t gear? It's big, not used often in sets, and somewhat hard to hide in a small creation. Other older technic parts were made obsolete either because of limited use or because a better part came along.

More 'smaller' parts ... to increase even further the advertised 'part count' on the box ...

Question is: What do F1 cars and trucks have in common?

Should rename this: Technic Trivia. Though, can you think of an answer to the topic's question?

Edited by DrJB
Merged topic

Should rename this: Technic Trivia. Though, can you think of an answer to the topic's question?

Both have wheels, both have engines ;)

I should have been more specific ... For all the Technic F1 cars (I have), the B model happens always to be a truck ...

Edited by DrJB

I guess you mean only flagship F1 cars right? The midscale one from 1995 had a hot rod as a b-model.

Moved your question to this general discussion topic. No need for a separate topic.

So we should be able to build a very cool F1 car as a B-model for the 42009 :wink:

Moved your question to this general discussion topic. No need for a separate topic.

So we should be able to build a very cool F1 car as a B-model for the 42009 :wink:

Thanks ... bad habits ... :)

Thanks ... bad habits ... :)

I think you broke the record of most moved posts/threads out of any EB member ever.

I think you broke the record of most moved posts/threads out of any EB member ever.

Gotta revise my strategy here ... The number of original threads is no longer an achievable goal ... I'll stick to the more 'attainable' number of useful posts. I wonder if this one counts ...

Seriously though ... just enjoying the 'patience' of Jim and Ted ...

Thank you for your patience ... Mr Moderator ...

Your proposal is interesting, I noticed that (almost) every F1 can be made into a truck, not sure the reciprocal holds ... A worthy (and expensive) challenge though, which means I need to get the 42009 to begin with.

Edited by DrJB