Jim

[TC19] Technic Motorbike Contest - Information Topic

@Jim & @Milan do you know when the entry topic will reopen ?

my entry is all finished now just need to decide on the photos and perhaps a short video.

Also for my “frame” I’ve made a model of what my frame effectively is, as the fuel tank and rear bodywork make up certain parts of the frame. So I’ve made a mode that’s just liftarms to show the load paths of the frame.

Well, I see it’s about time to open it.

*** THE DEADLINE FOR THE CONTEST HAS BEEN EXTENDED! ***

To all the competitors!

Due to the upgrades of the forum, its inaccessibility, and some current tune-ups, the deadline for the contest has been extended!
The deadline date is Monday, the 8th of February 2021. The contest will be closed on Tuesday, the 9th of February, OR LATER.

The Entry Topic is now open!
Feel free to post your entry! :excited:

Huzzah! Thanks for another contest, and thanks for opening the entry post.

Truly, thank you @Jim and @Milan for all your work supporting this forum. I am sure there are others, so extend my thanks to them as well. Your work is valued.

27 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

Truly, thank you @Jim and @Milan for all your work supporting this forum. I am sure there are others, so extend my thanks to them as well. Your work is valued.

:wub:

4 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Huzzah! Thanks for another contest, and thanks for opening the entry post.

Yes, thanks a lot!

@Jim, @Milan: Just to be sure: If you consider the chassis picture for my entry too small, please let me know, I'll then replace the last picture by a 1024x768 version of the chassis picture.

52 minutes ago, johnnym said:

@Jim, @Milan: Just to be sure: If you consider the chassis picture for my entry too small, please let me know, I'll then replace the last picture by a 1024x768 version of the chassis picture.

You're good! Thanks for asking

@Jim and @Milan, so people have interpreted the chassis picture in different ways. I took it to mean the frame of the bike and so made a second frame accordingly. But I noticed some people have pictures showing engine etc.

Don’t need to add the engine and drive chain to my frame ?

also my frame is “idealised” ... the rear half as the bodywork, as I’d call it, the panels and lift arms you see on the surface they form the structure back there. I hope using an “idealised” frame is ok?

also my fuel tank is the same, that forms the structure at the front and if I removed it there would be a big gap.

Edited by Seasider

8 hours ago, Seasider said:

@Jim and @Milan, so people have interpreted the chassis picture in different ways. I took it to mean the frame of the bike and so made a second frame accordingly. But I noticed some people have pictures showing engine etc.

Don’t need to add the engine and drive chain to my frame ?

also my frame is “idealised” for the rear half as the bodywork as I’d call it (panels and lift arms you see on the surface) form the structure back there. I hope using an “idealised” frame is ok?

Good question @Jim and @Milan , i interpreted it as a view of what happend inside, maybe ia also have to place pictures of the single frame (without the engine) ?

Edited by steph77

All the chassis pictures are okay. The idea is to have a glance at the interior, instead of seeing a bunch of panels. Other than that, the requirements are not that strict.

Hi @Jim and @Milan   

I'm not sure how to link my TC19 contest entry to my initial build thread. Can you tell me how to go about doing it correctly please?  It is linked, but i'm sure i haven't done something right.

[EDIT]:

@Rudivdk has kindly come to the rescue. 

Edited by Dazzzy

3 minutes ago, Dazzzy said:

Hi @Jim and @Milan   

I'm not sure how to link my TC19 contest entry to my initial build thread. Can you tell me how to go about doing it correctly please?  It is linked, but i'm sure i haven't done something right. 

Fixed it for you. Dunno what was wrong, link looked fine but probably somehow something was screwed in the source code.

1 minute ago, Rudivdk said:

Fixed it for you. Dunno what was wrong, link looked fine but probably somehow something was screwed in the source code.

Thanks ever so much @Rudivdk :thumbup:  I really appreciate the help. 

I will close the contest tomorrow evening.

Yes... TY again Jim and others.  I am excited to see all entries, but there are several I already know I will have to judge with a fine tooth comb.  Lots of good-looking, and very functional entries out there....

19 hours ago, Ivorrr said:

Any idea when voting will take place?

We are working on it. Soon it will online and pinned :thumbup:

Thanx @Milan!

Good luck to all contestants and thanx (in advance) to all voters for taking the time to go through the long list of entries!

I've just taken another look at the list of entries again, and blimey it's going to be hard to select just 6 entries to vote for. 

There's at least 12 that i really like,  It's going to be a tough job for sure!

Thanks to @Jim & @Milan for running the contest, (and others who've helped with tips and advice). :thumbup::thumbup:   And good luck to all the participants! 

I just voted, and, this being my first contest, I was surprised at the lack of secrecy! It's kind of weird seeing how each individual rated our models!

I don't mean to complain, though; I don't really mind.