OK ladies and gents, let's have some fun:

On 8/24/2021 at 6:07 PM, JaBaCaDaBra said:

If not than is no HAS but MIGHT HAVE

On 8/24/2021 at 9:53 PM, JaBaCaDaBra said:

No they have not,
They are all parrots.
There was only one leak of a box and thats were all this fantasies are build on.

On 8/24/2021 at 10:38 PM, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Nevertheless they are all guessing.

On 8/25/2021 at 2:43 PM, JaBaCaDaBra said:

But whatever, I refuse to believe that a set of €450 has only one hub and 4 motors.

" Requires 6 x AA batteries (not included). The set also includes 2 x no. 15 motors, 2 x large motors and 1 x hub. "

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/app-controlled-cat-d11-bulldozer-42131

11 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Is it me, or can’t the thin tan 20T gear idlers at the bottom rotate?

I assume their axle is locked, right?

I’m afraid you are right on this…

11 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Is it me, or can’t the thin tan 20T gear idlers at the bottom rotate?

I assume their axle is locked, right?

Those tan ones don't have a + hole in them but a round one, so they can rotate on the axle.

TLG couldn't be bothered to re-colour those yellow?

So the two things that are iconic D11 features, the top driven sprocket and the all yellow paint is not included in this model?

Was the license a blank piece of paper?

Heck, I have CAT socks that are more inline with D11 than this doozer

Edited by 1974

Just now, gyenesvi said:

Those tan ones don't have a + hole in them but a round one, so they can rotate on the axle.

They just keep tracks in line. Tracks itself roll on small wheels, like these in 42082 end boom section.

2 minutes ago, 1974 said:

the top driven sprocket

Isn't it funny that 42128, a small non-licensed bulldozer, nailed this better than a licensed set.

And they're not actually touching the tracks so there won't be much wear

1 minute ago, GerritvdG said:

They have

Oh, I mixed them up with the LBG ones, those are the ones that don't have then.

2 minutes ago, M_longer said:

They just keep tracks in line. Tracks itself roll on small wheels, like these in 42082 end boom section.

So it's a different system than on the Liebherr then? On that one they could rotate.

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Isn't it funny that 42128, a small non-licensed bulldozer, nailed this better than a licensed set.

There is zero point in this license. Ditch the fake top sprocket and it's just a generic dozer. That would probably shave 100EUR of the price right there

7 minutes ago, M_longer said:

That means it drives like the 8043, which is far away from smooth?

4 minutes ago, 1974 said:

There is zero point in this license. Ditch the fake top sprocket and it's just a generic dozer. That would probably shave 100EUR of the price right there

We could say that the 8275 was more a Komatsu 375 than this a Caterpillar D11... :laugh: .

Could someone explain me, way this thing, that have 3 motors and 1 hub less ($210 on Lego site) than the Liebherr costs the same amount of money? This is ridiculous!  

Since so many people are comparing the realism of the 42131 vs. the realism of the 8275, remember that the 8275 had its cylinder engine connected only to one of its tracks, which made it unable to drive straight (slightly more friction in one of the tracks than the other).

2 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Since so many people are comparing the realism of the 42131 vs. the realism of the 8275, remember that the 8275 had its cylinder engine connected only to one of its tracks, which made it unable to drive straight (slightly more friction in one of the tracks than the other).

That is just retarded

It was the first PF set, right?

4 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

We could say that the 8275 was more a Komatsu 375 than this a Caterpillar D11... :laugh: .

Those were more innocent days, heck way back then the 8862 was actually advertised as a JCB but I very much doubt an actual license was involved

Edited by 1974

Just now, 1974 said:

the 8862 was actually advertised as a JCB

I think it was a genericised trademark (is that the term?), just like jeep, xerox and kleenex, and what TLG wants to avoid by not wanting people to say "I'm playing with my legos".

Upon further examination of the price in relation to the components, it can be concluded that the marketing department is chock-full of sodomites.

Not sure if all those are generic enough to avoid licensing?

Never heard anyone call a backhoe a JCB (or a dozer a CAT etc)

2 minutes ago, 1974 said:

That is just retarded

It was the first PF set, right?

Yes, and people still complained about it. Also about how simplistic the drivetrain was, with each motor practically directly connected to its track. People nowadays see it in a more positive light (just like they do with almost all sets), and I'm sure the 42131 will be the same when the time comes for a new Technic bulldozer.

14 minutes ago, 1974 said:

Those were more innocent days, heck way back then the 8862 was actually advertised as a JCB but I very much doubt an actual license was involved

8862 is actually based on a Caterpillar.

Quick comparison, it seems that sprocket placing, ripper and blade arms are reasonably scaled.
Yet other things like CAT triangle track setup is messed up (notice the difference between placing boogies and lower sprockets). Also engine bay area, guard rails and dozer blade are riddicously oversized.

There's also no suspension, but model is heavy and that's the reason of it missing.

240778736_362989521978059_79118882205396

Edited by M_longer

Those higher sitting sprockets do bother me. But i guess it's better to squash things when the tracks are more angeled :D

1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

8862 is actually based on a Caterpillar.

It may be, looks generic to me though. But it was advertised as JCB :wink:

4 minutes ago, M_longer said:

Quick comparison, it seems that sprocket placing, ripper and blade arms are reasonably scaled.
Yet other things like CAT triangle track setup is messed up (notice the difference between placing boogies and lower sprockets). Also engine bay area, guard rails and dozer blade are riddicously oversized.

There's also no suspension, but model is heavy and that's the reason of it missing.

240778736_362989521978059_79118882205396

But at least the ladder is perfect!

3 minutes ago, 1974 said:

But at least the ladder is perfect!

No it is not, is bulky and black, should be yellow ;)