Sign in to follow this  
Ben Pitchford

[MOC] Medieval Market-Castle Wip

Guys,

I've been inactive for awhile but I started working on my Medieval Castle display and just finished a new Medieval Market build as part of the village area.

I also posted to Lego Ideas along with my other Medieval builds. Please let me know what you think and support by casting your vote over the link below if interested!

Medieval Market https://ideas.lego.com/projects/4866b64a-3de2-4721-97d3-6356675c4689

Medieval Dock House https://ideas.lego.com/projects/25b97712-657f-4978-b5ed-6a0626142d9f

Medieval Blacksmith Shop https://ideas.lego.com/projects/fe760b8b-4d27-4ab9-9373-353661f4a9f8

Thanks for your feedback/support!,

50652210243_bab28e406e_z.jpgMedieval Market by Ben Pitchford, on Flickr

50652940526_355a47766c_z.jpgMedieval Market by Ben Pitchford, on Flickr

50653019182_256c481da4_z.jpgMedieval Market by Ben Pitchford, on Flickr

50652911311_23351667fe_z.jpgMedieval Market by Ben Pitchford, on Flickr

50653486948_8536a5a74d_z.jpgMedieval Castle Build Wip by Ben Pitchford, on Flickr

Fantastic build! I especially like the tiled interior.

Wonderful MOC and gorgeous scene you are creating!  I like the colors you've chosen, especially the roof.

On 11/27/2020 at 2:58 PM, John Cromwell said:

Impressive! I like how detailed and realistic your build is! It's quite good!

On 11/27/2020 at 3:14 PM, JintaiZ said:

Fantastic build! I especially like the tiled interior.

Thanks for the great feedback!! Much appreciated..

Your rock work and texturing are always amazing.  Everything is so detailed.  The choice of colors is great, the designs of the the building are intricate and show some nice techniques.  Great build so far.  

Very nice build.  I like the details, especially the interior.  I think it fits quite well with the build you have going on, and has a lot of detail.  Based on what we're seeing get through Ideas, though, if you want this to make it to a set, I'd reduce the detail on the outside, particularly in the stone wall.  Greater numbers of pieces don't seem to translate well into sets unless they have a large volume (see the treehouse).  If you save some pieces there and really sell it on the minis, the interior and that first picture (that is fantastic by the way), I think you'd have a better shot.  Then I'm not sure the building would fit in your display as well, though, so it may not be worth it.  Thank you for sharing, and I look forward to more buildings for your display!

On 11/28/2020 at 12:48 PM, jtooker said:

Wonderful MOC and gorgeous scene you are creating!  I like the colors you've chosen, especially the roof.

On 11/28/2020 at 9:31 PM, zoth33 said:

Your rock work and texturing are always amazing.  Everything is so detailed.  The choice of colors is great, the designs of the the building are intricate and show some nice techniques.  Great build so far.  

Thanks so much for the kind words! Brick on...

On 11/29/2020 at 11:34 AM, Grover said:

Very nice build.  I like the details, especially the interior.  I think it fits quite well with the build you have going on, and has a lot of detail.  Based on what we're seeing get through Ideas, though, if you want this to make it to a set, I'd reduce the detail on the outside, particularly in the stone wall.  Greater numbers of pieces don't seem to translate well into sets unless they have a large volume (see the treehouse).  If you save some pieces there and really sell it on the minis, the interior and that first picture (that is fantastic by the way), I think you'd have a better shot.  Then I'm not sure the building would fit in your display as well, though, so it may not be worth it.  Thank you for sharing, and I look forward to more buildings for your display!

Hey thanks for the great feedback. I agree with you on the pieces for ideas projects but rather focus on the details for the overall larger castle/village moc. So, we'll see how the project goes but they could always reduce the count although it may not be what people who voted wanted so I don't know....;-)

22 minutes ago, Ben Pitchford said:

Hey thanks for the great feedback. I agree with you on the pieces for ideas projects but rather focus on the details for the overall larger castle/village moc. So, we'll see how the project goes but they could always reduce the count although it may not be what people who voted wanted so I don't know....;-)

You're welcome!  I think you're right to try and keep the build the way it is.  I like the look as it fits into the diorama, and think the level of detail is good.  I am usually disappointed by the Ideas sets that win, since they lose a lot of good detail in my opinion, but if your main purpose is to make a successful Ideas set, it's probably the way to go.  However, if you are making a diorama and throwing the build onto Ideas for exposure, then I think you've hit the mark perfectly.  Thanks again for sharing, and keep up the great work!

2 hours ago, Grover said:

You're welcome!  I think you're right to try and keep the build the way it is.  I like the look as it fits into the diorama, and think the level of detail is good.  I am usually disappointed by the Ideas sets that win, since they lose a lot of good detail in my opinion, but if your main purpose is to make a successful Ideas set, it's probably the way to go.  However, if you are making a diorama and throwing the build onto Ideas for exposure, then I think you've hit the mark perfectly.  Thanks again for sharing, and keep up the great work!

Foresure! Thanks, cheers! :-)

The village buildings are gorgeous! And the castle also is very nice with an interesting texture and shape.

I don't really like how the mountain peaks up into the back of the castle- something about it doesn't look right to me. I'd rather see the castle sitting on top of the mountain, more or less at the same height as the front of it.

Either way, I love your buildings!

Nice MOCs, but given the existing blacksmith set that has been approved, I doubt they have any chance of passing review. Maybe you will get to the 10K club but I cannot see them being successful in review. So in that sense, it doesn't really matter about the parts count, detail and so on. May as well go as best as it can look and get the votes if it will be rejected due to overlap with previous successful IDEAS sets anyway.

Edited by MAB

Yes! Yes! And YES!

Awesome concept. Beautiful execution! Great attention to detail. 

I'll say it all day: LEGO needs a new Caste theme, and a new LEGO Castle theme needs civilian structures like this.

Brilliant work!