Lyichir

LEGO Sci-Fi Ongoing - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

7 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I that LEGO may not be producing airtanks in white right now, so reintroducing them in the correct colour for the alien pack would constitute a change. For the diner, the Minifigs need to be able to sit, and there does not appear to be any space to store spare airtanks. 🫤

IDK if that makes more sense, at that point either just don't include air tanks with the Ailen Pack as well or use one of the other CS colours they have in production. 

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

According to Brickset's review of the Milky Way Art set, there's a hidden alien that's a printed 1x1 round brick—presumably this is the printed 1x1 alien that was featured on a space-themed sticker set recently. Hopefully it doesn't remain exclusive to that set, since obviously purchasing a set of that size for a single 1x1 round brick would be impractical to say the least.

Not sure what you mean by sticker set?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Not sure what you mean by sticker set?

I feel like we were discussing it a few pages back. It was a set of separately sold stickers (I think maybe exclusive to Germany along with those duffel bags and similar licensed merch?) that included things like the City astronauts but also included an alien face printed on a 1x1 round brick. The review on Jay's Brick Blog features a pic of the brick that confirms that it is the same one from that earlier merch reveal.

EDIT: Found the post, it was in the 2024 Space topic and not this one:

Edited by Lyichir

Posted (edited)

Since it isn't a licensed set, there is a fairly high chance any special/rare/exclusive parts from this set (e.g. the alien or the sign) will appear on LEGO online PaB for sale at some point (where you will probably be able to get them for much lower cost than buying the entire set)

Edited by jonwil

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I feel like we were discussing it a few pages back. It was a set of separately sold stickers (I think maybe exclusive to Germany along with those duffel bags and similar licensed merch?) that included things like the City astronauts but also included an alien face printed on a 1x1 round brick. The review on Jay's Brick Blog features a pic of the brick that confirms that it is the same one from that earlier merch reveal.

EDIT: Found the post, it was in the 2024 Space topic and not this one:

Ahhh, thanks for clarifying! I was unaware there was a sticker set. 

I found the alien - Look at the full set image in Brickset’s review; lower right side (Star Trek Beta Quadrant); at the top of, and about halfway through, the blue spiral arm. The alien is a lime 1x1 round brick with printing, so it is quite likely to be the sticker sheet design. 
Hopefully it shows up somewhere else, or at least ends up on PAB in a few months. 

Posted (edited)

I posted this in the Historic Theme section as well but this applies here too (Castle vote is for a new faction emblem).

With the IDEAS Minifigure Prize Machine getting approved, there will be a fan vote to select a new Classic Spaceman color for one of the figures that will be included.

Edited by Retrocity

3 hours ago, Retrocity said:

With the IDEAS Minifigure Prize Machine getting approved, there will be a fan vote to select a new Classic Spaceman color for one of the figures that will be included.

Oh, nice!! Green or light grey would be my picks; we already got green with the Exo-Suit, but those Minifigs are (now that we finally got the proper helmets for them) around $30 each on BrickLink! Also, technically we never got a green Classic spaceman - We got green Neo-Classic Space astronauts. 

Wow, wild!  But it's going to be an expensive way to get a spaceman in a new color if that's all you want from the set!

I would love to get a dark blue one. Not interested in the set itself though, only in the minfigures, but they should show up on Pick a Brick anyways as they are not licensed.

50 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Oh, nice!! Green or light grey would be my picks; we already got green with the Exo-Suit, but those Minifigs are (now that we finally got the proper helmets for them) around $30 each on BrickLink! Also, technically we never got a green Classic spaceman - We got green Neo-Classic Space astronauts. 

Well, you can build either of those, though (like purple) it can get expensive.  All of the primary colors have been done (white, red, blue, yellow) and secondary colors (green, purple, orange, brown, black - or maybe black is primary?), so it think now we are talking "shades" of primary colors like "light blue", "azure", etc.

I am assuming they will pick all new colors.  Teal/Turquoise, lime, magenta, dark gray?  Maybe a sand or dark green in place of lime.

3 hours ago, Space78 said:

Wow, wild!  But it's going to be an expensive way to get a spaceman in a new color if that's all you want from the set!

The parts will almost certainly show up on PAB at some point, so we can just buy them from there. 

21 hours ago, Retrocity said:

I posted this in the Historic Theme section as well but this applies here too (Castle vote is for a new faction emblem).

I definitely will vote for purple!

Thanks for the heads up on the new spaceman color vote, I will wait to decide on a color until I see what choices there are. Very exciting news, the set is interesting in its own right as well!

17 hours ago, Lion King said:

Purple…purple….purple….

I don´t know if they will even put that for vote, since they stated it would be a new colour - and the purple one isn´t really new anymore now - though of course it wasn´t really avaiable either, so it might still count. Then again it would likely be a though vote for it, since many already built it from the CMF Alien Torso.

That beeing said, I would still love to get a purple one aswell, but would still likely prefer to get a completely new version, since the purple one is more likely to show up in a GWP again IMO. I actually would wish they would do a GWP similar to Benny´s Space Squad (or just a normal Set) Including 4 different Classic Space Minifigures with small vehicles. They could include the Blue, Yellow, Black and Purple one for instance, even though it seems more likely to get the white one again, since it is still in production it seems.

three words: Light. Bluish. Gray.

(This will drive everyone who made their own absolutely crazy and bring down aftermarket prices on the parts!)

I'm guessing purple is out for the "new" classic spaceman color.  Reason being they already made it for that employee set last year.  So if Purple isn't one of the choices I'd vote for Medium Lavender (light purple), Bright Reddish Violet, Medium Blueish Green (teal) or Lime Green.  I'm not one for mutilating figures to make them into something else so I never made the unofficial classic Purple Spaceman and I don't have the green one either.  Can't wait to see what color choices they give us.  As for the new Castle Faction something interesting that isn't reptilian.

Well I for one would like a medium azure spaceman, that or lime green or turquoise. Kind of think of it I actually want a bunch of new colors.

Teal seems like the funnest option, though I wouldn't mind something like Bright Green as the Green one is far and away the most inaccessible 

This isn't going to end up as teal vs purple again, is it? Someone get Mark Stafford on the phone :laugh:

I think Dark Azure could look interesting as a new color CS astronaut.

On 5/3/2024 at 11:15 PM, karrit said:

I'm guessing purple is out for the "new" classic spaceman color.  Reason being they already made it for that employee set last year.  So if Purple isn't one of the choices I'd vote for Medium Lavender (light purple),

I tend to agree that purple is unlikely to be on the list.  Medium lavender might be a nice compromise, but maybe that's too close to pink?  For me, the Lego colors are getting a bit out of hand with all the shades, so if those end up being the choices it doesn't really matter much to me what we get.  So, in that vein, maybe gray is the best choice, since it is a "classic" space color and has not "officially" been done as a complete astronaut.