Klaus-Dieter

Chinese New Year Sets - Rumors and Discussion

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Tiger costume for sure

So, new tiger mask. 

That just made me think that the 12 Chinese zodiac animals would make a great one-off CMF … we have already moulds for many of the animals, would only need a few more. 

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Tiger costume for sure

So, new tiger mask. 

Tiger Costume is one I’m looking forward to see. 

4 hours ago, williejm said:

That just made me think that the 12 Chinese zodiac animals would make a great one-off CMF … we have already moulds for many of the animals, would only need a few more. 

You make a good point on exiting animal molds. I think one-off CMF would be a great idea. 

Not to mention, I’m also wondering if there would be a panda mold in Chinese New Year 2022 sets.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

21 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m wondering what sets would be next year… Just wondering out loud. :)

I'm rooting for an "ice and snow festival" and it would be cool to have it lighted!

But I also agree with the previous posts about a Chinese zodiac CMF series!

That also depends on the budget for the set

They could just recolor the Cheetah hairpiece from the DC CMFs

------

About a Chinese Zodiac CMFs, while it would be an interesting idea, most of the costumes are already done: Pig, Dog, Chicken, Rabbit, Ox, Rat (+Horse, which would be the Unicorn without the horn). So it would be kind of repetitive at this point

It would be very interesting to see the snake one though. It could easily look like a Ninjago villain

As expected, it’s now been confirmed on Stonewars.de that the 2021 sets are being discontinued.  Apparently 80107 has been one of the bestselling sets among AFOLs in 2021.

For next year’s sets, I’d like a continuation of the modular type sets to go with 80107.  I’d also like (though I highly doubt it will happen) a new model to put in place of the ox in 80107 for the new zodiac figure - what is it in 2022?

Also, on a side note, @Klaus-Dieter I suggest you change this to a general Chinese New Year Rumours and Discussion thread like the Modulars thread and the CE buildings thread - that way we can seamlessly move from 2021-2022.  I find it irritating in City and Speed Champions that there are 2021 and 2022 threads, and a lot of cross discussion so you have to read two threads.  Just an idea though.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

About a Chinese Zodiac CMFs, while it would be an interesting idea, most of the costumes are already done: Pig, Dog, Chicken, Rabbit, Ox, Rat (+Horse, which would be the Unicorn without the horn). So it would be kind of repetitive at this point

It would be very interesting to see the snake one though. It could easily look like a Ninjago villain

Well, actually, when it comes to zodiac, it’s not exactly a chicken… it’s a rooster. Although, I doubt they would re-mold chicken mask as a rooster one.

Snake costume would be interesting for sure. And ram and monkey masks as well. 

In my personal opinion, it would be weird to see a rabbit mask with no eyes or nose on it, comparing to other masks (Ox, Rat, and pig we already have from Chinese New Year). If we would get Year of the Rabbit minifigure with no eyes and nose on their mask and put that minifigure next to toher fellows, it may not look right to some Lego fans/collectors. But I am ok with eyeless and noiseless rabbit mask tho. 

13 hours ago, hikouki said:

I'm rooting for an "ice and snow festival" and it would be cool to have it lighted!

But I also agree with the previous posts about a Chinese zodiac CMF series!

Hmm “ice and snow festival”?  Come to think, I think that would be cool to see some festival covered in snow, just like Story of Nian set!

yeah, I think 12 Zodiac CMF is a very neat Idea!

12 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Also, on a side note, @Klaus-Dieter I suggest you change this to a general Chinese New Year Rumours and Discussion thread like the Modulars thread and the CE buildings thread - that way we can seamlessly move from 2021-2022.  I find it irritating in City and Speed Champions that there are 2021 and 2022 threads, and a lot of cross discussion so you have to read two threads.  Just an idea though.

Done! I agree when there are few enough sets in a theme, it makes sense to have one ongoing topic.

23 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I gotta say, I agree with you. I didn’t understand why they have to relate 2022 threads for City & Speed Champions right away. It was pretty confusing. 

17 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Done! I agree when there are few enough sets in a theme, it makes sense to have one ongoing topic.

Thanks @Clone OPatra!  This will make things a lot easier.  Also - could you do the same thing for the Train Tech Train sets general topic?  Only 10 pages this year after all.

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I gotta say, I agree with you. I didn’t understand why they have to relate 2022 threads for City & Speed Champions right away. It was pretty confusing. 

Yes, I see you a lot in those threads so I know exactly how you feel.

For Chinese New Year modulars, I’d like to see a Chinese restaurant similar in style to the entrances of 80107.  Maybe the guy with the food in 80107 could have got it from the restaurant?  I’d also like a market, though I realise this was done recently.

53 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

For Chinese New Year modulars, I’d like to see a Chinese restaurant similar in style to the entrances of 80107.  Maybe the guy with the food in 80107 could have got it from the restaurant?  I’d also like a market, though I realise this was done recently.

Lovely idea! And maybe limit it to two stories, or possibly even one so there is some height variation with the Creator Expert modulars.

20 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Lovely idea! And maybe limit it to two stories, or possibly even one so there is some height variation with the Creator Expert modulars.

Yes definitely.  I picture it to be more like that Chinese New Year Meal set a couple of years back, but two stories in terms of size.

2 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

I like your ideas, folks!

For me, I would love to see one set that include a new animal mold…. Panda! However, I don’t know how can it fit into Chinese New Year theme tho.

12 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I like your ideas, folks!

For me, I would love to see one set that include a new animal mold…. Panda! However, I don’t know how can it fit into Chinese New Year theme tho.

Thanks.

Maybe there could be a sort of ‘forest festival’ set, with a lot of bamboo and a panda over to the side?

2 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Maybe there could be a sort of ‘forest festival’ set, with a lot of bamboo and a panda over to the side?

Hmm…I do not think there is any forest/bamboo festival during Chinese New Year but I could imagine that - a trail snakes through bamboos with stone lanterns, probably. Pandas could be included in that bamboo scenery. 

Or…pandas sneak into restaurants and eat noodles? :iamded_lol:

One possibility that could be sort of interesting could be a set that isn't minifigure scale—perhaps something like the recent "Hogwarts Icons" set with elements of a Chinese New Year dinner including a place setting, various food items, a red envelope, and other small gifts. Or even something like an elaborate lantern build sort of like the botanical collection sets.

21 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

One possibility that could be sort of interesting could be a set that isn't minifigure scale—perhaps something like the recent "Hogwarts Icons" set with elements of a Chinese New Year dinner including a place setting, various food items, a red envelope, and other small gifts. Or even something like an elaborate lantern build sort of like the botanical collection sets.

Another idea would be all 12 zodiac signs in some sort of display - I think there's normally one non specific to the year set each year.

On 8/13/2021 at 1:56 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

Another idea would be all 12 zodiac signs in some sort of display - I think there's normally one non specific to the year set each year.

I like this idea and agree with you. 

Another idea - a buildable panda (similar to Hogwarts Icons’ Hedwig) with 12 zodiac signs and bamboo. Probably it is a worst idea I have brought up. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

How about a 32x48 stud modular set with 2 16x32 corner modulars and a gateway, like the type at the entrance to a Chinatown in European and American cities?

I wouldn't mind them doing a zodiac sign each year but doing it in a consistent style. They do a few then change style. It is a real shame they didn't continue the round doors with zodiac and date they started in 2013, that one is a beauty.

On 8/24/2021 at 10:34 AM, Vilhelm22 said:

How about a 32x48 stud modular set with 2 16x32 corner modulars and a gateway, like the type at the entrance to a Chinatown in European and American cities?

That’s what I’m wanting to do with the one that came in the Lion Dance set from last year. I’d like to have it leading to the Temple Fair set but just haven’t came up with anything yet. 

On 8/24/2021 at 1:34 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

Nice idea you got.

Not sure if it’s too early to ask but do we have any info on the next Chinese New Year sets?

Currently, there are two new sets in Creator - Noodle Shop and Tiger. 

The 3-in-1 Tiger seems to be partially targeted at the Asian market, as it releases January instead of March, so in time for the Year of the Tiger.

So with a tiger via Creator, I do hope the focus is on building/market type set and not another Tiger Statue.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 4/16/2021 at 1:26 AM, tomorrowboy said:

Does anyone know if the Spring Lantern Festival will ever be restocked? I've been looking at the "Temporarily out of stock" page for months.

Has this been answered yet? Still not in stock in Oz.