Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[BTV1-OL] A brief pause time

As the Olean troops progress from house to house, at the price of bloody close-quarter combat with the defenders, a small group of soldiers composed of marines, mousquetaires, artillerymen and shipwrecked sailors managed to make their way to a high ground giving them a view to the entire city. The gunners rapidly their pieces in position and began to rain a storm of shells on the TVsans. Unfortunately, they were only able to brought a small quantity of ammunition with them, so, when they have fired their last bullet, the artillerymen had to make a pause. Which allowed the men to have some rest, while waiting for the arrival of ammo supply。

0lVQJ0.jpg

A sergeant kept a vigilant eye on the ennemy line, ready to fire when the TVsans risks his head out. The sailor behind him, though exhauted, was still eager to take revenge on the TVsans, for the lost of his ship.

0lVMiq.jpg

A veteran mousquetaire discovered a teddy-bear in the pile of debris, he bent down to pick it up.

0lV1zT.jpg

Another marine uses this brief pause to check his stuff and reload his musket.

0lVlWV.jpg

An artillery officer climbed on the top of the collopsing wall and started to observe ennemy's movement with his spyglass, from his expression, one could say that he was quite satisfied with the performance of his men. :pir-grin:

0lVuon.jpg

Bodi, this is fantastic. You really captured the atmosphere of heavy urban combat. The ruins are just perfect, and you did a wonderful job capturing the feel of a lull in the fighting. Nothing but praise from me. 

Well built ruin and realistically depicted war scene. The angled position of the ruin on the ground is a highlight.

I love a good deteriorated building or ruin and this is no exception. Just lovely! You really captured the essence of a war scene. Nice minifigure posing and like NOD said: the angled position of the ruin makes it even more special.

Like many others have already commented, this scene is really well done. The minifig positioning is perfect and that is a really lovely brick built cannon. The dark red really works for me in making the scene stand out. Maybe a little more debris scattered around the base of the building might have sold the ruins aspect a little more... but that's a very minor critique and it certainly doesn't detract from the scene. Great work. The Teraversans better lift their game if they are going to have a chance of influencing the outcome of this battle!!

Absolutely excellent build! I love the use of angles, the tension of the scene, the ruins, and the figure posing. Hands down, an exceptional build!

Great job on the rubble look, really nice cannon too!

Edited by Kai NRG

On 10/4/2020 at 10:06 PM, Captain Genaro said:

Bodi, this is fantastic. You really captured the atmosphere of heavy urban combat. The ruins are just perfect, and you did a wonderful job capturing the feel of a lull in the fighting. Nothing but praise from me. 

Thanks for your comment, Captain Genaro, it means a lot.

On 10/4/2020 at 11:08 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Yeah ! That's a great one.

I second capt Gennaro, too good to be true !

Thank you Thaum!

On 10/4/2020 at 11:19 PM, NOD said:

Well built ruin and realistically depicted war scene. The angled position of the ruin on the ground is a highlight.

Thanks NOD, glad  you like it.

On 10/5/2020 at 12:55 AM, Khorne said:

I love a good deteriorated building or ruin and this is no exception. Just lovely! You really captured the essence of a war scene. Nice minifigure posing and like NOD said: the angled position of the ruin makes it even more special.

Thank you Khorne, glad you like it.

On 10/5/2020 at 2:30 PM, Ayrlego said:

Like many others have already commented, this scene is really well done. The minifig positioning is perfect and that is a really lovely brick built cannon. The dark red really works for me in making the scene stand out. Maybe a little more debris scattered around the base of the building might have sold the ruins aspect a little more... but that's a very minor critique and it certainly doesn't detract from the scene. Great work. The Teraversans better lift their game if they are going to have a chance of influencing the outcome of this battle!!

Thanks Ayrlego. I agree with you that a little more bricks and plates here and there would look better, I'll keep in mind to remedy this next time.

On 10/5/2020 at 7:14 PM, Mesabi said:

Absolutely excellent build! I love the use of angles, the tension of the scene, the ruins, and the figure posing. Hands down, an exceptional build!

Thanks Mesabi! Glad you like it.

23 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Very realistic piece of art Bodi :wink:

Thank you Fraunces!

16 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Great job on the rubble look, really nice cannon too!

Thank you Kai NRG!

16 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

You did an excellent job capturing the atmosphere of the war! Love the scene, especially with the teddy bear in the ruins. Really shows how bloody the war is. Fantastic build, Bodi! 

Thank you for your nice comment, Neighborhood Merchant.

15 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

One of your best builds @Bodi ! Can't add anything else to everything written above.

Thank you BD! Glad you like it.

9 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

One of the best builds of the conflict so far! Fantastic work!

Thank you Blackbird!