Sir Edwyn

[MOC] Canton Du Valais

I'm back after a few years hiatus :). I spent some time hiking in the Alps and British Isles over the past two summers; this MOC is based off of the many traditional chalets I've seen in the Swiss Canton of Valais. Unfortunately my Lego cows seem to have disappeared at some point, so the scene is missing that quintessential element.  Enjoy!

49966792058_a6cfc35886_c.jpg

Canton du Valais by Sir Edwyn, on Flickr

Edited by Sir Edwyn

What a beautiful chalet! You really nailed that architectural style. I especially love the use of the crossbow to decorate the roof, and the legs for the flower pots.

Great chalet! The texturing is excellent. I spent a summer in a chalet near Sion in Valais, albeit a long time ago, and can attest to how well you have captured the look and feel of the place. You do need a cow though. And as a yellowist, I feel I have to point out that the minifigures should not have been fleshy :wink:

This is beautiful - the whole thing!  Great base and foliage; those simple trees are lovely, and I like the shades of green you used including the footpath.  The structure has great textures without being too busy, and great details for the woodwork.  There's nothing here that's not to like.  Great build!  :sweet:

Very nice one!

A cow would be a nice touch indeed: in Valais, we say "T'as où les vaches?" (Where do you have the cows?) to mean "Where are you from?"

But for me, a Swiss guy that lives next to Valais, the most disturbing thing is that it's not built on a slope. Chalets are very seldomly built on a flat ground :wink:

Edited by 1980SomethingSpaceGuy