mapimi

Lego 10277 - Crocodile Locomotive

Just hope they change the date to be sooner. It wasn't even a month on the 42056 ordering disaster.

But 2 months... come on.

47 minutes ago, Lok24 said:

And the number to be ordered depends on the contry you order and the time, it started with 2 on midnight in germany.

It was 10. of July(!!!) this morning  9:30 in Germany, only 1. 

Now it's 1 for 20th of August. 

exactly the same here in The Netherlands.
I suppose we have the same distributor too.

54 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Limit 3 in the US, still available at 8am EST. Mine is in warehouse :)

Update: Now on backorder in the US as well, July 17th expected ship date

10 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Update: Now on backorder in the US as well, July 17th expected ship date

Yup, I got there a little late and it's on back order.... Oh well, it's the first time I've ordered something on release date. 

8 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Someone attended me to this.

<Quote>
Oh please, that model was submitted to Ideas and had some possitive feedback. Along with Fiat 500, it shows that TLG is using submissions that did not passed review stage as their own ideas.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/899ca545-49a5-4102-aef8-154bb71ac6ea

I'm not sure why people keep bringing this up? The Crocodile in that submission was 1:38 scale and 10 studs wide, it's not comparable. People tend to forget that products spend a lot of time in the development pipeline.

Just now, legonerd54321 said:

I'm not sure why people keep bringing this up? The Crocodile in that submission was 1:38 scale and 10 studs wide, it's not comparable. People tend to forget that products spend a lot of time in the development pipeline.

Don't shoot the messenger

5 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

Now it says shipping 15th september in germany :ugh:

After 20 August here...

Looks like a quite popular set

I'm glad I placed my order right after midnight. This must have been a VERY limited first run due to COVID. I called my local Lego store yesterday and they had not even heard of the set beyond seeing it was on brickset. In spite of my temptation to buy two, I was a good citizen and only ordered one. I'll come back for the spares once it is off backorder.

At least they've posted the instructions, so I can start working on my MODs before the set arrives. Oddly, it includes the black pulleys that you would need to convert the... ugh... forgot the name again... the power take off wheel to be able to take a rod. Unfortunately it is one plate higher than the driver wheels so it will require a very unusual rod length to do so.

Everybody knows this set was sold out quickly. Just be patience, you get your hands soon at one set or maybe 2. This one is gonna be a classic.

This is the first LEGO train I have put up on my wishlist.

And I think I might very well do the modifications that Dirk1313 has done, or something similar.

Modifications for a pure display model.

Edited by Shiva

6 hours ago, Duq said:

A limit of 1 per household is not going to do the sales figures for this set any favours.

The limit is three here in the USA ?

2 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

The limit is three here in the USA ?

That is what the US site currently says.

For anyone in the US who got in their orders at midnight, was anyone able to get the free Creative set (over $85) automatically added into their cart?  I thought it was a glitch so decided to wait until the morning, now the croc is sold out for backorder :pir-bawling:

Anyways, still unable to get the free set to show up in the cart today.

Just now, grymg said:

For anyone in the US who got in their orders at midnight, was anyone able to get the free Creative set (over $85) automatically added into their cart?  I thought it was a glitch so decided to wait until the morning, now the croc is sold out for backorder :pir-bawling:

I had a Croc in my cart at 11:55pm EST (the site glitched and gave me an "Add to Cart" button for a split second) but waited until 12:01am to place my order. The promo was not yet even visible on the site, but I went ahead anyway thinking I would call CS in the morning to show them I ordered on 7/1 and should qualify for the promo - I figured the promo would last longer than the train :)

I didn't need to call though, because once my order showed up in the Order Status screen about 10 minutes later, it included the promo set. Right now my order is In Warehouse.

Just now, grymg said:

I ordered mine at 11:05 pm Central time last night. I got the gift added to my order. Unfortunately, I ordered a back-ordered Friends set for my daughter and my order says waiting for new stock. But the Croc and the 12 in 1 set say they are in the warehouse. Do you know if Lego usually waits to ship out everything in one package? I would like to get the Croc as soon as possible. 

7 minutes ago, grymg said:

Yes. I got it added to the order. And I tried this morning and it will do it again, even if it states it’s on Backorder. 
So don’t give up on that just because it says Backorder. 

Luckily I ordered mine at midnight. It was possible to get 2 for few minutes in lego france then 1. Next shipping for new orders is 15. september ! 

Looks like a great success for this 10277 set (and good news for new and more lego trains in the future) or maybe just a little stock...

So I ordered one last night at around 22:30 my time westcoast US.  It states that it is in warehouse. 
And I ordered another one this morning about twenty minutes ago that now states “waiting for new stock”; and the website says “will ship in 60 days”...

I guess LEGO is out of “? Locomotives” for the US now too ?...

But I should get the first one I’m hoping ?...  :blush:

I’m US west coast and new sets go up at midnight on east coast time. So I got my order in at 9.45pm PST - 45 minutes after it went live.

It seems to be max 3 per person, although since I’ve woken up it’s on a 60 day backorder...hopefully my order still gets here pronto. :)

EDIT: Got the promo too.

Edited by Mr Hobbles

1 hour ago, zephyr1934 said:

rod

Sinnce you are the Steam Rod man here...:wink:
Are you planning a triangular rod for this locomotive or can I convince you that we really want it.
hint hint, wink wink

FYI, in the United States at least looks like this is available in-store as well. Just left my local store in FL and was able to pick on up. Hopefully everyone that is on backorder gets their's soon!