Jim

[TC18] Technic Small Car Contest - Information Topic

My humble In opinion...

Post a decent main pic (like I usually post above my reviews). Add two additional pics and a decent chassic pic and bob's your uncle.

I don't see the benefit of using multiple smaller images.

4 hours ago, Jurss said:

Yes, I know that, but at the end it is stupid.

I see, you have more than 1700posts, but for me it`s first competition. I don't know all nuance as many of new builders, which do it in first time. In rules write 4 pictures, they may be 4 fragments in each not bigger than 1024x1024. You can verify it`s so. I can change entry post, if it`s principles and organizers will say do it.    This competition is wonderful, because many people can take part in it. In rules could be recommendations and descriptions how do it well. 

@InKon It is not about You, but about stupid rules, from one side 4 pictures allowed, but from other side there is possibility to add much more. I think, main idea was not to overload entry topic with information, now it is messed up.

@Jurss I`ll edit my post with pleasure. Can you help me: which max size must be for 1 image in 1 - 1024х1024 ?

3 hours ago, Jurss said:

@InKon It is not about You, but about stupid rules, from one side 4 pictures allowed, but from other side there is possibility to add much more. I think, main idea was not to overload entry topic with information, now it is messed up.

I would appreciate it if you stop calling rules stupid and be more constructive. I am spending an incredible amount of time to host this contest and I do my best to streamline the contest and make as much people as happy as possible. I have been doing this for a couple of years and the picture rules have been mostly the same. If you think my rules are stupid, I suggest you participate in other contests :hmpf_bad:

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I would appreciate it if you stop calling rules stupid and be more constructive. I am spending an incredible amount of time to host this contest and I do my best to streamline the contest and make as much people as happy as possible. 

+1:thumbup: Thank you @Jim for creating another beautiful EB contest, I think especially this one is a treasure chest of gorgeous individual technical solutions. So we are all winners of this competition!

I feel a little bit guilty for the discussion about multiple pictuses in one, since I think I was one of the first who used if for TC12,  which wasn't common at that time. Now everyone is using it but the entry topic doesn't look messy to me but more informative while judging, because you can pronounce more aspects of a build while not overloading the topic. It's more about the quality of photos, but this is individual and not everyone has Jim's skills and equipment to produce his remarkable quality. So I still think the rules are sinfull, well balanced and good interpretated by each member.

But specially for this contest instructions should have been mandatory, since I want to have each beautiful entry on my shelf. :blush:

4 hours ago, Jurss said:

stupid rules

@Jim still allows collages in the stipulated 4 entry pics because he's being nice to people who think that they need to show more. But his point is full frame pictures look in fact better and should suffice. It's not stupid, it's tolerant. Attacking the rules like you're doing will only result in the them getting more strict and probably no more collages allowed. Is that what you want? 

@Jurss  I can understand that a professional like you have been raised/trained to do the best and sometimes we got to bite our own lips and start having some fun!!!  :) 

Edited by sirslayer

45 minutes ago, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

Is that what you want?

Yes. If it is mentioned, that 4 pictures are allowed, then 4 pictures, not 4 image file placeholders. 

@Jim Sorry, nothing personal, but, by my opinion that picture rules ar not logic. I don't remember, needs to check older contest, but I think that there if it was stated, that 4 pictures, then tehre really was 4 pictures.

Just now, Jurss said:

Yes. If it is mentioned, that 4 pictures are allowed, then 4 pictures, not 4 image file placeholders. 

@Jim Sorry, nothing personal, but, by my opinion that picture rules ar not logic. I don't remember, needs to check older contest, but I think that there if it was stated, that 4 pictures, then tehre really was 4 pictures.

I changed the rules to 4 for this contest, but all the other contests we had a "maximum of three images, and you are allowed to use compilation images (max size 1024x1024)". That rule has been the same for ages.

Maybe I simply need to change to rule to avoid compilations, but I am still not sure what the actual problem is?!

Just now, InKon said:

@Jim Can you help me: which max size must be for 1 image in 1 - 1024х1024 ?

:thumbup:

What it looks like people do not know is that the reason for the maximum number of images is to prevent problems loading the page (at least, that's how I always understood it). I.e. just limit the internet traffic, because not all of us on the planet have the same internet speed.

If this is true, then allowing compilations makes sense, because it stays within the "file size limit" of 4 images of given maximum size.

14 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

What it looks like people do not know is that the reason for the maximum number of images is to prevent problems loading the page (at least, that's how I always understood it). I.e. just limit the internet traffic, because not all of us on the planet have the same internet speed.

If this is true, then allowing compilations makes sense, because it stays within the "file size limit" of 4 images of given maximum size.

Exactly. And if some collage-image is perceived as messy by some of us after all, then that will probably translate into less votes. Personally, I'm thinking of writing a blog-like post on my entry, put it into the original topic's first post and link every image in my entry post to that topic. What I'm trying to say (to @Jurss) is that your tactics could also be to lead people away form the entry topic to your topic.

Btw, does anybody have a 3D file of the 42098 Car Transporter?

Apologies to everybody, but I will then keep 4 pictures, it they asked, and that's all.

I noticed that there is mandatory chassis photo - does render from Stud.io count aa photo in this case, or is it neccessary to take a photo of real thing? 

On 4/29/2020 at 6:15 PM, Erik Leppen said:

And we have a winner! :excited:

3 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

I noticed that there is mandatory chassis photo - does render from Stud.io count aa photo in this case, or is it neccessary to take a photo of real thing? 

It needs to be an actual picture. Otherwise people will start asking me if they can provide Stud.io renders for the entire vehicle as well. 

1 hour ago, Jim said:

It needs to be an actual picture. Otherwise people will start asking me if they can provide Stud.io renders for the entire vehicle as well. 

Well, ok. I understand. Thanks for answer.

While everyone talking about number of picture I want know how to combine multiple picture in one image.

Yep for me it is useful question too. Unfortunately I have only iPad mini with iOS so maybe some one Can give advice. I know home to make collage of 4 images but there is a dimension restriction. So then I’ll have to resize image to required size, don’t know how to do it without pc.