MandyNeko

Super Mario 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

On 8/22/2020 at 11:47 AM, Lyichir said:

Oooh, that's a neat idea. With a scannable tile in the seat so that Mario has unique sorts of interactions based on his acceleration, angle, and so forth!

I MOCed a digital version of a non-electronic kart for Lego Mario with a hole in the seat to scan objects on a "track", but given the size a track like that would have to be to scale to Lego Mario, a trackless RC version (perhaps with a few accessories like a start/finish line) would probably make much more sense.

I have been working on the same idea:

The NES is probably the best lego set I've built in a long time.

Really cool seeing this come together. Haven't started on the TV yet.

18 minutes ago, MrActae said:

Why does this theme exist? I don't see the point of it... 

lol

Guys check out the detailed review of Bowsers Castle!

https://youtu.be/B39hvHDeSi0

Has anyone seen custom brick built figures/sets within this scale? I’d love to see them. I’ve been looking but I haven’t found anything beyond the Mario Kart set on the EB homepage.

17 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

Has anyone seen custom brick built figures/sets within this scale? I’d love to see them. I’ve been looking but I haven’t found anything beyond the Mario Kart set on the EB homepage.

Considered trying to make a custom Rosalina at digifig Mario scale.

Then realised how useless that would be and decided to hold out in hope of minifig sets instead. Sorry.

I have a custom Invincibility Star, but it’s literally just the Podoboo printed eye part on a TLM2 yellow Star part. (I meant for it to be a custom Luma but it just doesn’t look right . . I’m working on the Luma thing still.)

3 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

No figures beyond lakitu, but 2 more sets/levels:

8 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

I've been fiddling around with concepts for characters and enemies digitally. Here's a recent one I was pretty happy with, a concept for what Princess Peach might look like (roughly scaled to other friendly characters like Toad, Toadette, and Yoshi):

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I've been fiddling around with concepts for characters and enemies digitally. Here's a recent one I was pretty happy with, a concept for what Princess Peach might look like (roughly scaled to other friendly characters like Toad, Toadette, and Yoshi):

[Besides the "I want your brains" pose the arms have] Looks pretty cool, and would love to see how it looks with added printing, or decals.

Only thing I´ve thought of is a Big [?] Block, it work similar to the chest in the Toad Treasure Hunt Set.

On 8/15/2020 at 8:37 AM, Pchan1983 said:

I just opened my box of Character Pack and it it indeed a full set on one row.   I really like Blooper. and I think these are great for desk display even you are not into it.  My box is packed in Europe (xxSx code), I wonder if the US version has the same distribution?

I bought a complete box together with a friend

For the UK peeps, Smyth’s Toys have the full range including the bags in store. For whatever reason and like all lines throughout the store, some are on offer already. The sets in hand look pretty good, it has to be said. 

On 8/2/2020 at 7:28 AM, BrickWild said:

There's Facebook Marketplace for instance! ;-)

Or try to buy a complete box, together with a friend, as I did.

Cause every box has 20 packages and the character set exist of 10 packages and every character is twice in the box.

So if u can share a box with a friend, then u have all the characters at once

On 8/28/2020 at 12:05 PM, Lyichir said:

That Peach looks very good. With JUST a face print she'd be excellent. However, I have one objection... She should be twice as tall as Mario!

1 hour ago, Flak Maniak said:

That Peach looks very good. With JUST a face print she'd be excellent. However, I have one objection... She should be twice as tall as Mario!

Eh... I'm operating on the assumption that Lego Mario is inevitably out of scale with most other characters thanks to his electronics. Making Peach that much taller than him would make her even larger than Bowser, and would make it a serious challenge to make a decent-looking castle for her without making it gigantic compared to other settings and course objects. Keeping Peach at a modest scale like this would be better for customization since she wouldn't look as out of place next to other enemies, objects, or landmarks.

Yes, I was mostly not serious... But, I do like the thought of Giga Peach, being taller than Bowser!

But yeah, your Peach design is great; just add one print and it's already good enough for me.

Thanks to @Falconfan1414, here's our set list for the 1HY of 2021:

• 71380, $59.99
  • 71381, $19.99
  • 71382, $29.99
  • 71383, $39.99
  • 71384, $9.99
  • 71385, $9.99
  • 71386, $4.99

I hope 71386 is a second series of figures :wub: And 71380 would be at the ideal price point for a Luigi starter pack *oh2*

Leaks I saw suggest the first one is the second starter set, the last one is more blind bags and the 2 above that are more suits.

With that many pieces in 71380, either Luigi is much cheaper because they already developed the technology with Mario, or it’s like Toad’s Treasure Hunt and just has a surprisingly small parts count... I’m hoping it’s the latter.

I’m also excited we’re getting another character series, hopefully I’ll have better luck with this one! (Right now I have three bob-ombs sitting my desk. Ow.)

I hope these new expansion sets offer some interesting new features or enemies or something, even a new biome would be cool. I hope we had the names of these, that would make this more interesting, but as it is, I’m glad to see we’ll be getting more soon!

New biomes for sure would be great, a forest, underground, Ice and Sky sets… 

Also if or when they do a Luigi Digi-Figure,  should his main overalls be standard blue or different shade like dark blue? 

3 minutes ago, Borex said:

What new outfits will there be? Penguin? Tanuki? Frog?

I think that depends heavily on what 71380 actually is :wink: If it's a Luigi starter pack, then I would assume that at least one of the power-ups will be for him 

19 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think that depends heavily on what 71380 actually is :wink: If it's a Luigi starter pack, then I would assume that at least one of the power-ups will be for him 

Luigi would be awesome to get