BrickWild

LEGO Creator Expert 10271 Fiat 500

Finished mine yesterday, cute little model. The roof and basket are really nice details to give the car more visual interest.

I did have some scratches on the hubcabs which is a little annoying, so i ordered some new ones via Bricks n Pieces.

Another thing i noticed is the 1x8s in light yellow (in the doors) are a bit darker in shade than all other bricks. You don't really notice this on display, but it's definitely visible in close range during broad daylight.

On 3/1/2020 at 12:31 PM, RNRS001 said:

I can't believe people actually like this set to be honest. I think it looks terrible and nothing like a Fiat 500.

I wouldn't be that radical, the rear is quite good, but that windshield? How? Really nobody is disturbed by how much that square piece ruins the overall picture? With some extra printing it could have been solved, but would have been better a brick built solution... I see this as a huge design fault.

fiat-500-lego-and-real.jpg?itok=ayjoXrWE

On 3/5/2020 at 7:49 AM, agrof said:

I wouldn't be that radical, the rear is quite good, but that windshield? How? Really nobody is disturbed by how much that square piece ruins the overall picture? With some extra printing it could have been solved, but would have been better a brick built solution... I see this as a huge design fault.

fiat-500-lego-and-real.jpg?itok=ayjoXrWE

I don't think it's just the windshield. It's a combination of several things. The model is too tall, the rear side window is too small, the arch going backwards is too straight... This design is just so so flawed while that MOC build LEGO didn't approve because they'd supposedly been working on their own design was a lot lot closer than what they've come up with.

On 3/7/2020 at 12:06 AM, RNRS001 said:

I don't think it's just the windshield. It's a combination of several things. The model is too tall, the rear side window is too small, the arch going backwards is too straight... This design is just so so flawed while that MOC build LEGO didn't approve because they'd supposedly been working on their own design was a lot lot closer than what they've come up with.

I liked my build until I saw this picture and the MOC version...I agree after seeing this that this could have/should have/would have been a better build if TLG builders would just consider some outside sources in their designs.  Thanks for posting the picture.

Sad news. I did request replacement of "paper thin" 2x2 with slopes. All of them. They did agree and the pack with all of them already arrived. Unfortunately, parts from HU (original set) are exactly the same as from Denmark.. so I am highly disappointed...

1 hour ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Yeah I saw that yesterday on BriqFoundation’s YouTube channel.  It’s a beautiful colour to redo it in but I’m still very confused why.

Perhaps it’s not a recolour but instead it’s a modern 500?

5 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Yeah I saw that yesterday on BriqFoundation’s YouTube channel.  It’s a beautiful colour to redo it in but I’m still very confused why.

Probably some kind of market research. They probably want to compare sales of the recolour to the original, so as to evaluate the posibility of releasing future sets in multiple colours. They're also doing the same with a Creator 3-in-1 set.

Edited by Kaanere

The blue version is now available, but according to Promobricks only in UK, though some sellers offer it in Germany as well and i ordered one.

They say it's only available for 3 Months as of now...

I read something saying it’s limited to 10k? We will see. Ordered 50 just in case!

4 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I don’t get it, why would LEGO do that? Making that many recolours in the same set is confusing to me, I don’t see why it is worth it.

That's what Lego wants to find out. Are there more people like you, or are there more people who want to buy stuff like this...

8 hours ago, KevinMD said:

I read something saying it’s limited to 10k? We will see. Ordered 50 just in case!

Seriously?  Please tell me this is a joke.

2 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Seriously?  Please tell me this is a joke.

I mean the number may be off, or that’s an initial run to see popularity of the concept and they will produce a second run world wide.  No idea but it’s definitely limited to the UK market.

Apparently it's still available at lego.com's UK page and at Zavvi, so either the production numbers aren't that limited or demand isn't as high as some comments on various fan sites have suggested.

I ordered it on zavvi. Didn't heard too good things about that shop, but oh well, ordered with paypal which can deal with that...

5 hours ago, Polarlicht said:

I ordered it on zavvi. Didn't heard too good things about that shop, but oh well, ordered with paypal which can deal with that...

Plenty of folks in US order from Zavvi without issue.  Perhaps packing could be better occasionally. Have hope!

Received mine today. Shopping at zavvi was a bit weird compared to other shops, but it worked out.

Should there be a second thread about this set 77942? We never really had a recolored set in recent years, so this is interesting to know?!!

Edited by Polarlicht