Sign in to follow this  
adde51

Fighting elephants of Mophet

The legendary fighting elephants of Mophet have become a cornerstone of the army that protects the city. Large in size, and with thick skin, they are well equipped to handle the harsh climate and instill fear in anyone considering an attack on the now prosperous city. 

49465176471_ae7d2e2e75_c.jpg

I really love how you made the cloth barding, it looks really dynamic. The ground texture looks great too!

and, those shields are great for Kaliphlin builds! :)

"Fighting elephants... Mophet..." Ok, this is GoH, and it's going to be interesting!

Very creative build. I find myself staring at all the different components, just looking at how everything is assembled. I really like your use of the gold elements in distinct areas; the window lattice pieces work great for this, and the modified plates look so natural hanging like that. The whole arrangement fits the description perfectly.

I also really like that base. I know I've said it before, but dark orange and medium dark flesh were made for each other!

Love the LOTR vibe here.  Very nice harness and saddle on the elephant.  Great looking figs and nice base too.  

So many of those rounded 1x2 plates!  They make for a lovely flowing... whatd'yecallit.  Those shields are so perfect for Kaliphlin too!  Plus a cracked floor and of course, an elephant.  What more could you ask from a MOC? :grin:  Great job.

Fantastic war elephant! I particularly like the use of the ladder pieces to create a lightweight looking platform. The barding is really nicely done as well.

This is really well done.  The 1x2 round plates really steal the show and look like a woven thick rug or some kind of armor.  The basket at top is fantastic, too, and it looks great on top of the Lego elephant.  The spikes on the tusks look very good, too, and the ground is well done.

On 1/30/2020 at 10:52 PM, zoth33 said:

Love the LOTR vibe here.  Very nice harness and saddle on the elephant.  Great looking figs and nice base too.  

Ditto.  This is pretty awesome.  Made me think of LOTRs as well.

On 1/30/2020 at 8:58 PM, dathil said:

I really love how you made the cloth barding, it looks really dynamic. The ground texture looks great too!

and, those shields are great for Kaliphlin builds! :)

Thanks a lot! Glad you liked it!

On 1/31/2020 at 4:14 AM, Captain Dee said:

"Fighting elephants... Mophet..." Ok, this is GoH, and it's going to be interesting!

Very creative build. I find myself staring at all the different components, just looking at how everything is assembled. I really like your use of the gold elements in distinct areas; the window lattice pieces work great for this, and the modified plates look so natural hanging like that. The whole arrangement fits the description perfectly.

I also really like that base. I know I've said it before, but dark orange and medium dark flesh were made for each other!

Haha, thank you! Glad you liked the little details. 

On 1/31/2020 at 4:52 AM, zoth33 said:

Cheers, gotta love them elephants!

On 1/31/2020 at 5:18 AM, Kai NRG said:

So many of those rounded 1x2 plates!  They make for a lovely flowing... whatd'yecallit.  Those shields are so perfect for Kaliphlin too!  Plus a cracked floor and of course, an elephant.  What more could you ask from a MOC? :grin:  Great job.

Haha, thanks to LUG-bulk! Glad you liked it!

On 1/31/2020 at 11:19 AM, Ayrlego said:

Fantastic war elephant! I particularly like the use of the ladder pieces to create a lightweight looking platform. The barding is really nicely done as well.

Cheers dude, glad to hear! 

On 2/2/2020 at 5:36 AM, Grover said:

This is really well done.  The 1x2 round plates really steal the show and look like a woven thick rug or some kind of armor.  The basket at top is fantastic, too, and it looks great on top of the Lego elephant.  The spikes on the tusks look very good, too, and the ground is well done.

Thank you very much! The rounded plates really allow for a lot of fun shapes. 

On 2/2/2020 at 10:30 PM, mrcp6d said:

The barding/blanket you put together here is awesome.

Thanks a lot!

On 2/3/2020 at 12:45 AM, cheetor1981 said:

Ditto.  This is pretty awesome.  Made me think of LOTRs as well.

Haha, thanks! 

On 2/4/2020 at 6:09 PM, Puvel said:

That cracked ground looks class! Those shields work really well here too

Glad to hear, had a lot of fun making the ground so glad you liked it!

On 2/6/2020 at 12:40 AM, Eoin Wallace said:

I like the dry look of the base and the elephant looks very good with the armour and spikes! nice MOC!

Thank you! Appreciate it!