I mean they paid a Lamborghini mechanic to paint their bricks so obviously they will have perfect colors on the completed Model... but what colors lie under the paint we may never know.

Edited by Gray Gear

The small one at the beginning? Not the big one. But I watched it on a small screen, maybe there is the issue too. I only focused the holding for soft axles on the side.

Lego did make a better job with colour differences - I have a model packed on 24/09/2020 in CZ and the biggest issue is with pin with axle plus the part with 2 pins and a hole on the middle. =o=

Funny thing, the system slope parts on the back, below the plate with lambo, are in two shades - the newer ones are in correct one and the older one are yellow-ish, so I will be asking for a replacement of those as well. To summarize, panels are finally good (all of them), connectors are not good and some small minor differences can be found on the beams and systemic parts (but only older ones). Could be worse.

I have a plan to contact with Lego asking for a replacement in a few weeks, so we will see.

Good luck contacting them. I did the same when constructing my Sian. They promptly responded saying they were aware of the issue, knew which pieces were affected, and would send me replacements. Ultimately I got just a few pieces – far fewer than the actual number that were miscolored – and they were identically miscolored. I took that as a sign that I should emblazon the Sian with the mismatched pieces like badges of honor.

@AmitDC actualy, funny thing - I have parts with correct colour from one bag and the same parts from another bag darker/yellower. Specially the Lime Technic, Liftarm Thin 1 x 3 - Axle Holes, which I have got 6 in wrong collour (too dark?) and 2 are correct.

In overal I will be requesting a replacemt for Lime Technic, Liftarm Thin 1 x 3 - Axle Holes,, Lime Technic, Pin with Friction Ridges Lengthwise and Pin Hole, Lime Technic, Pin 3L with Friction Ridges Lengthwise and Center Pin Hole, Lime Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Hub with 1 Axle, Lime Slope 45 2 x 1 with 2/3 Cutout. We will see what will happen.

15100.png92946.png22961.png87082.png6632.png

I will wait a few more weeks. I will also try to buy other sets with those pieces in order to see if they are batter now.

The color issue is more pervasive in my set, including more types of pieces than you identified. I hope you can see it in the picture.

9AB24B65-384E-4774-B2F6-63F90DA6AD77.jpeg

Edited by AmitDC

@AmitDC for me it looks like that:05f2468863f86.jpg

a248429f35acb.jpg

So it is clear that they did resolve a lot of isuess. I do really hope that soon we will have a better connectors. As right now the liftarms and the slopes from my previous post are correct (at least they are able to make them in correct shade of lime, because I do have a few from this set). Time will tell :)

Edited by blondasek
spelling mistake

We need to conclude that Lego is carrying multiple up shades of lime green (up to 50?). I bought my Sian secondhand and obviously notice the different colors, but once I rebuilt the pimped up version and put it on the shelve I stopped worrying about it.

@blondasek How were you able to upload such high-res pics? I was limited to 100 kB! @emielroumen Fundamentally agree with you, but my investment in larger LEGO sets seems to have introduced me to a new world via this forum and it's a lot of fun! :)

2 minutes ago, AmitDC said:

@blondasek How were you able to upload such high-res pics? I was limited to 100 kB! @emielroumen Fundamentally agree with you, but my investment in larger LEGO sets seems to have introduced me to a new world via this forum and it's a lot of fun! :)

Because of site/server/storage limitations, images have to be upload on external hosts like Flickr, Imgur or Bricksafe. You can then copy the image link and Eurobricks will automatically embed them into your message.

51 minutes ago, AmitDC said:

I am using external websites, you can see the link by opening the image in the new tab.

I do love the big cars as well, that is why I was waiting so long to buy this set. Nevertheless, only a small issues left so in the worst case scenario I will buy a chinese connectors if they match the colour if lego will not create a correct ones in the next ~6 months.

On 7/14/2021 at 10:57 AM, blondasek said:

@AmitDC for me it looks like that:

So it is clear that they did resolve a lot of isuess. I do really hope that soon we will have a better connectors. As right now the liftarms and the slopes from my previous post are correct (at least they are able to make them in correct shade of lime, because I do have a few from this set). Time will tell :)

Funny, the 1x3 thin liftarm where no problem for me. but the 1x2 thick with axle. Got although 2 different colors from one bag.

You have a few differents on the heck to the manual. There is a popupting blue short pin (wrong direction) and the printing panel is on left, but outside next to the door:

42115-PDP-202003-Block-Standard-6.jpg

4 hours ago, dirkberlin said:

You have a few differents on the heck to the manual. There is a popupting blue short pin (wrong direction) and the printing panel is on left, but outside next to the door: 

42115-PDP-202003-Block-Standard-6.jpg

Hey, thank you for noticing the blue pin! I did not see it.. getting old :D my gosh, panel.. :D Thanks!

has lego thus far fulfilled any replacement requests for different shades of green for the lambo set?

of course, look

On 7/26/2021 at 6:51 PM, tihehe said:

has lego thus far fulfilled any replacement requests for different shades of green for the lambo set?

Yes. But not every part is fixed yet. But most of the panels are all right now. As far I know some connectors are still wrong. Just try it.

On 7/26/2021 at 7:51 PM, tihehe said:

I am already waiting for the parts. In total, 41 parts are supposed to be delivered in max two weeks. We will see how they look. Ordered some connectors, technic levers 3m, 11m beams and roof tile 1x2 45* w 1/3 plate x 2. And of course 24x single bush 1 module, dia 4.9 (pin hole with axle). Will post some pictures when got it :)

Edited by blondasek
spelling mistake

So, the parts arrived. Everything (including pin and axle connector!) is much better - basically only those axle/pin parts are still yellowish, but out od 24 requested 15 are much, much better and only 9 are between the original and the newer ones. I am still not happy about that 380 euro set has so many flaws, but under a dimmed light it is not visible anymore (yeah, had to tweak it a bit to match the shades...). So in overall, that was good that I did wait. In the future, if they will fix those connectors, I will ask Lego to replace them again or buy from bricklink/pick a brick. Will see.

10 hours ago, blondasek said:

So, the parts arrived. Everything (including pin and axle connector!) is much better - basically only those axle/pin parts are still yellowish, but out od 24 requested 15 are much, much better and only 9 are between the original and the newer ones. I am still not happy about that 380 euro set has so many flaws, but under a dimmed light it is not visible anymore (yeah, had to tweak it a bit to match the shades...). So in overall, that was good that I did wait. In the future, if they will fix those connectors, I will ask Lego to replace them again or buy from bricklink/pick a brick. Will see.

Thanks for sharing, that sounds promising :thumbup:

On 10/4/2021 at 3:14 AM, blondasek said:

could u post some photos to show the comparison between the original and the new parts that u received?

6 hours ago, aussie_huddo said:

anyone have any recent updates on the colour matching issue in newer sets?

There have been improvements, but some parts still do not match.

Recent set 42138 (Pullback Mustang Shelby 500) also has lime parts and they are reported as "better but still are not 100%-match" but still the unmatching parts now are mostly hidden under panels and liftarms, so are not so exposed as in Sian. 

Edited by Void_S