Fenghuang0296

Chinese New Year’s Sets 2020 - Rumours and Discussion

Goat looks awful

And that's not a horse

So, I'd guess Horse Suit Guy and Goat Suit are next in the CMF line

It feels more like a marketing than a future series. The torso on the goat is from the first unicorn. The snake head looks to be from the Ninjago Movie CMF scientist. The only new print is the white feet on the fox. The zodiac would make for a fun series though. 

Also, just looking for opinions, a friend & myself are looking to go to the store on the 17th...a week after they’re released. What are the chances of finding them on the shelves? I want to be optimistic & think yes...but then again, the hype for the sets are big. 

Edited by Vindicare

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

It feels more like a marketing than a future series. The torso on the goat is from the first unicorn. The snake head looks to be from the Ninjago Movie CMF scientist. The only new print is the white feet on the fox. The zodiac would make for a fun series though. 

I meant that Goat and Horse look so bad there that proper ones are needed. So, that's why I was guessing those might be coming soon

Wow.. literally seconds after midnight and the temple is out of stock on the UK site. Black Friday bull**** all over again. Absolutely fuming. Was it released early? Did anyone get one?

5 hours ago, Beardybricks said:

Wow.. literally seconds after midnight and the temple is out of stock on the UK site. Black Friday bull**** all over again. Absolutely fuming. Was it released early? Did anyone get one?

Came just to check this :D I wanted to by it around 6am and it was out of stock on all European versions of shop.lego.

I guess I was lucky then. I got my order in on the Temple from the Norwegian shop. Really looking forward to getting it

Umm, what are you guys talking about?  Screenshot-2020-01-10-Chinese-New-Year-T

I don't think it was really out of stock, just some technical problem, or Lego decided to launch this set in the morning instead of midnight, for whatever reason. Now, it's a real possibility that it will be out of stock before the Year of the Rat promo starts on monday. People, don't buy the sets yet, wait until monday! :tongue:

Personally not in a huge hurry on this, if it's anything like Dragonboat Race it'll likely still be in stock months from now.

Maybe I'll get the Temple with the Year of the Rat promo and the other one later.

Edited by TeriXeri

6 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Personally not in a huge hurry on this, if it's anything like Dragonboat Race it'll likely still be in stock months from now.

Maybe I'll get the Temple with the Year of the Rat promo and the other one later.

I love the Dragon Boat, but it’s the least exciting of the now 5, so it’s continued availability isn’t all that surprising. 

Ordered mine tonight. Unfortunately, the stores nearest me were sold out, which I pretty much expected, so I had to go the electric route. Now the agonizing wait...:cry3:

8 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Not really. I picked up my sets yesterday at the nearest store and they sell like crazy. It's in fact not too hard to imagine that they will sell out quickly and many people waiting for the special Rat GWP will be disappointed not being able to buy the Temple Fair or Lion Dance. The Dragonboat Race is not a valid comparison, as its somewhat lackluster appearance and absence of something truly unique turned many potential buyers off.

Mylenium

6 hours ago, Mylenium said:

Not really. I picked up my sets yesterday at the nearest store and they sell like crazy. It's in fact not too hard to imagine that they will sell out quickly and many people waiting for the special Rat GWP will be disappointed not being able to buy the Temple Fair or Lion Dance. The Dragonboat Race is not a valid comparison, as its somewhat lackluster appearance and absence of something truly unique turned many potential buyers off.

Mylenium

Of course they might sell out short-term, especially during a promotion, but I was more pointing at the long-term, maybe not until 2021, but at least for a while longer.

I know the first 2 sets retired already officially but those were also limited release, not reaching Europe or America at-all.

Dragonboat Race also released later (in Europe/America) so that's another fair point.

:thumbup: Still fantastic sets :thumbup:

Edited by TeriXeri

17 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Of course they might sell out short-term, especially during a promotion, but I was more pointing at the long-term, maybe not until 2021, but at least for a while longer.

I wouldn't hold my breath. They didn't produce additional lots of the Dragon Dance and New Year Eve's Dinner, either, even for the Asian market way back when. This could really be a "On(c)e & done" thing.

Mylenium

25 minutes ago, Mylenium said:

I wouldn't hold my breath. They didn't produce additional lots of the Dragon Dance and New Year Eve's Dinner, either, even for the Asian market way back when. This could really be a "On(c)e & done" thing.

Mylenium

You're right, they just listed Dragonboat race as Retiring soon, which wasn't there a few days ago.

Of course it’ll be a limited run that retires quickly as seasonal sets, but there’ll be plenty of stock up to Easter at least.

Edited by Lucarex

Just ordered both seperately.

I got the Pig last year with the Dragon Boat so the Rat isn't bad.

Hidden Side has another GWP from January 24, but who knows, things like the Rat promo might have sold out by then.

Edited by TeriXeri

forgot to put in my order last night a midnight.  Woke up this morning and it's back ordered for 30 days.  At least it's not sold out.  The Cat Brickhead is sold out. 

It seems that Year of the Rat promo is already gone at European LEGO.com *oh2*

Edited by TeriXeri

I had planned to restrict myself to just one of this year's sets, but I read the reviews of both on TBB and decided I needed both of them. But now I've found the Temple Fair is sold out! So I've backordered the Lion Dance, which is the one I really had my eyes on anyway.

On 1/10/2020 at 7:11 PM, TeriXeri said:

The dragon boat race really wasn't all that good a set compared with the family dinner or either of this year's sets, though.

Ah but the Temple Fair is still available on the UK web shop. Wonder if I should buy it and get it shipped to a family member, or just see if it comes back on the US shop.

11 hours ago, jimmynick said:

The dragon boat race really wasn't all that good a set compared with the family dinner or either of this year's sets, though.

I agree those sets are very good, changed my mind last monday with the Rat promo and got both sets (EU), now the sets are still sold, but unlike US, the rat promo sold out before the sets.

Too bad the dinner wasn't released in EU.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 1/16/2020 at 7:21 PM, jimmynick said:

I had planned to restrict myself to just one of this year's sets, but I read the reviews of both on TBB and decided I needed both of them. But now I've found the Temple Fair is sold out! So I've backordered the Lion Dance, which is the one I really had my eyes on anyway.

Ah but the Temple Fair is still available on the UK web shop. Wonder if I should buy it and get it shipped to a family member, or just see if it comes back on the US shop.

I would imagine they’ll get more stock, but it’s kinda weird that that set is out of stock while the other is back ordered. I would probably go the route of ordering it in the UK, that way you’re guaranteed to get it. 

If you live around DC: there's one temple fair left at the Pentagon City store. I bought the other one :grin: