Sign in to follow this  
Darth Bjorn

[Factions Ep. 3] [Gotal - N12 - Antar] [L9 - Chandrila - TT] Gotal Pilgrimage

*Your entry has earned 9 XP*

Jedi Memorial

Excerpt from Dr. Than’s journal: Notes on Antar sociology - After imperial forces on Antar has decreased, many Gotals have made their way to the core worlds in search of fortune or on pilgrimages to pay tribute to the New Republic. Recently I have observed several individual Gotals visiting anti-imperial sites like the Jedi memorial on Chandrila before eventually settling on a New Republic core world, with no intention of ever returning to Antar. I am displeased with this misplacement of loyalty, but I must admit I am intrigued by the prospects of Antar.

1280x853.jpg

Jedi MemorialJedi Memorial

First go at Ep. 3. Let me know what you think... And, as always - below are some behind the scenes, and details.

Spoiler

The species or alien is a Gotal male from the planet Antar
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Gotal/Legends

latest?cb=20060620164901

1280x960.jpg

I guess the Alliance to Restore the Republic thinks of this site as their memorial...

1280x960.jpg

Rebel veterans are known to hang around begging for scraps from ignorant tourists...

1280x960.jpg

Other veterans are the tourists, visiting to pay homage to a past era...

1280x960.jpg

Some visitors come for the alleged 'force tree', and bittersweet memories...

1280x960.jpg

A reminder that the memorial was once a battlefield...

Edited by goatman461
Forgot the species link

why do you hate pillars so much? 

Factions: Sith Temple showdown

Good choice on the face and cloth-parts, but I will be obsessing over a better way to attach those horns now. I'm thinking the only way to do it is to avoid a regular minifig head and then have to cover up the face. Your way does get the job done, but the transition is a bit too crude for me. 

Beautiful build. The helmet memorials are cool, and the angles you got on those leaves is great.

@goatman461 Lol. I don't know - they just call out to me - 'break us!'

Yeah, I'm not super pleased about the horns, but it kinda gave the look I was after... Maybe the binoculars would be a better socket for the horns, idk...

Thanks! I'm also happy with the rest, and love to cramp in a lot of details... ;)

I have to agree that the horns have a harsh transition, but you've achieved the look as best you can with the parts Lego has. Good work!

I'm with everybody on the horn transition but I can't think of a way to do it better!  I like the layered gotal clothing, it creates a great image.  Like goatman said, you're a real pillar-killer! I love the smashed statue pieces and all the detail in the tree, vegetation, broken masonry, and the little memorials.  Great build!

Nice build! The tree shape is quite unique and very well executed.

The studs visible on the left of the build help a lot to increase the feeling of ancient ruins. 

The character is difficult to recreate. You did a very good job :thumbup:

Edited by dvogon