Sign in to follow this  
Legopold

Space efficient storage of train tracks

It can be overwhelming how much space the storage of train track needs, if you have lots of it.

I'd like to share how I store my LEGO train track. I have been using this technique for a very long time and I was amazed that I could not find anything about this simple stacking improvement, when I searched here or on Google.

The trick is to turn around every 2nd piece when you stack the straight track. This way you need approximately 33% less space which is not a bad improvement:

48569458502_bc3fdcbfb4_b.jpg

I suppose some of you also use this technique since it is quite obvious.

I use this method as well however it should be noted that you cannot use the "track pins" that come with them originally.  

You can still stack these in sections of 4 as well!

I used that stacking method at one time.  Now I have a bigger storage box and it hasn't been an issue.  :pir-classic:

16 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

I used that stacking method at one time.  Now I have a bigger storage box and it hasn't been an issue.  :pir-classic:

But if you used the bigger box and the stacking method you could get even more track!

On 8/19/2019 at 6:11 AM, zephyr1934 said:

I do that too, but with the track in pairs. Works for curves and switches too.

Yup, that's how the Playout has been stored from day one (apart from when one of the 'help' get there first, then it's anyone's guess how the track has been packed or how on earth it bloody fit at all!).

I have stacked track this way for ages, really helps, also makes the stack more stable