pjthebeard

New VIP system

VIP still not working for me either. 

I wonder if they are delaying the Tree House announcement a bit due to this. (as the set is already sold in some countries/stores otherwise).

I can understand LEGO waiting a bit instead of having people hyped and sent to a broken site (which affects some accounts during the transfer/conversion)

Edited by TeriXeri

This is the worst.

LEGO has only made the VIP system worse (and more complicated) for customers. The only ones that benefit are LEGO themselves. Shameful.

40 minutes ago, Risgrynsgrot said:

This is the worst.

LEGO has only made the VIP system worse (and more complicated) for customers. The only ones that benefit are LEGO themselves. Shameful.

Customers that want to get other items instead of money off stand to benefit now.

They did a survey asking if VIPs would want other items. I replied saying I would. Now all they have to do is have some more attractive items in the programme. If it is just unsold/unclaimed past promotions, they can forget it.

3 hours ago, MAB said:

Customers that want to get other items instead of money off stand to benefit now.

They did a survey asking if VIPs would want other items. I replied saying I would. Now all they have to do is have some more attractive items in the programme. If it is just unsold/unclaimed past promotions, they can forget it.

Yeah, while offering past promotions is nice, I save my points to take a chunk out of the Modulars price. I missed out on the Rocket Ride, would’ve liked to have it. Not sure I want to dedicate some points to it though, especially with the price of Modulars now.

Finally got it going as well. Kinda tempted by that VIP set that I never got my hands on. 

Do we know if this will be the only way to get the GWP’s from now on? I suppose it even outs since getting $100 is a shorter road now. —Edit: yeah... never mind. Just loaded a set & the Christmas present is in my bag. So that’s kinda nice...if you missed out on a promo there’s a chance you could still get it. *fingers crossed* come on Rocket Ride!:tongue:

Edited by Vindicare

Talked to a Lego Store Manager and they said SDCC exclusives will be coming to this new platform as rewards... here's hoping they don't immediately disappear like the Bat-Pod...

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

Talked to a Lego Store Manager and they said SDCC exclusives will be coming to this new platform as rewards... here's hoping they don't immediately disappear like the Bat-Pod...

Really! If this is true I might end up saving my points for the Captain Marvel set and just buy  the August Harry Potter sets with my own money. 

I like it if...

A) They offer actual LEGO exclusives. The posters and stuff are super lame. I want small LEGO sets or minifigures.

B) These said sets/minifigures don't sell out basically immediately.

C) These said sets/minfigures aren't absolutely priced. I feel like I should be able to ear a small set or minifigure with a few hundred $$$ of rewards at the most. Preferably less than that. Not like $1000 for one small set. I need something to make me buy from THEM and not Amazon which consistently has much MUCH better prices making the original "5% off every $100" ridiculously bad. Why do that when I can so often gets sets for like 33% off from Amazon like ALL THE TIME?

I was finally able to check the new VIP site. The points are there, but not all of them - if my math is correct, I haven't earned any points from a purchase I made during 2X points last week. I already sent an email to the customer service, hope it'll be sorted out soon.

9 hours ago, legozebra said:

Oh, they will disappear within minutes, that's for sure :laugh_hard:

So it seems like we are getting screwed.

I currently have 45 dollars in vip points...but i can't use 45$ worth.  The next tier up is a 50$ voucher.  This is some BS.  They try to spin this like it is good and offering extra benefits but F this. 

This is just one more way they are milking us.  The Lego store rarely has good sales anyway and this is one more thing that pushes me away.

2 hours ago, lego the hutt said:

I currently have 45 dollars in vip points...but i can't use 45$ worth.  The next tier up is a 50$ voucher.  This is some BS.  They try to spin this like it is good and offering extra benefits but F this. 

This is just one more way they are milking us.  The Lego store rarely has good sales anyway and this is one more thing that pushes me away.

They are...and they aren’t. Before you needed 20K points to get $100, now it’s 13K. And you get more per order. For example, a $99.99 set gets you 650 points instead of 99.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on the voucher side, it’s awful. I always save up for the Modular & right now I have $130. So, instead of walking into the store on January 1st & just telling them I’m using it all, I need to request a $100, $20, and two $5 vouchers...a bigger headache where there didn’t need to be one. You’ll have to get two $20’s & a $5....

On 7/14/2019 at 12:12 AM, TeriXeri said:

Finally got it to work, cleared my LEGO site cookies and disabling some adblocks finally loaded the site.

Also you can get 100 points by going to https://rewards.lego.com/get-points

Do you see your vip points thru the lego shop too?

I can see my "new" VIP points thru rewards. "or https://rewards.lego.com". But not thru the shop.

Did a test, I put the Mustang in my shopping bag.

1499,00SEK = 1124 VIP points "close to 1SEK = 0,75 VIP points". Actually 0,7499 points for every 1SEK for Swedes.

So, altho VIP is not shown on the shopping page, it seems to work for me.

I do wish to get back the Wish List I had tho.

Best information about this new VIP, I found here!

12 hours ago, lego the hutt said:

Why not get a $20, another $20 and a $5. Then use all three on your order?

29 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

Can you use that many promo codes online for one order?  It wasn't letting me.  Maybe I could try again?  What a hassle?

They say you can use as many money off vouchers as you like, but only one PHYSICAL reward per order.

I still can't get the new VIP page to load, just endless buffering. I have cleared my cache thinking that might help, but nope. I hope they get it sorted sooner rather than later. I do wonder how big a hit their S@H sales are taking right now.

24 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

I still can't get the new VIP page to load, just endless buffering. I have cleared my cache thinking that might help, but nope. I hope they get it sorted sooner rather than later. I do wonder how big a hit their S@H sales are taking right now.

Are you using uBlock Origin or some other adblocker? Since that causes it to endless buffer for me unless i pause it for that specific page (https://rewards.lego.com)

Edited by TeriXeri

That fixed it! Thanks so much, TeriXeri!!

I was able to redeem for the Mustang keyring, and grabbed a HP set while the free shipping for any value was still available.

Edited by sunhuntin

So I've been wondering why LEGO seems to have suddenly rehauled there near-perfect rewards program and I have a theory...

You know there was an incident with the VIP program where one of the LEGO employees was "stealing points" from customers who weren't a part of the VIP program, and LEGO has been acting a little odd after it... I guess its a conspiracy theory, but it seems how VIP members have to do so many things to use points and it just seems more strict. I mean idk how this will discourage point stealing, but it just seems odd. Just to add this new program seems to have been worked on the day before the release because of how terrible the execution of this program was. But oh well... just my theory and opinion of this dumpster fire of a situation.... 

4 hours ago, Evergreen said:

So I've been wondering why LEGO seems to have suddenly rehauled there near-perfect rewards program and I have a theory...

You know there was an incident with the VIP program where one of the LEGO employees was "stealing points" from customers who weren't a part of the VIP program, and LEGO has been acting a little odd after it... I guess its a conspiracy theory, but it seems how VIP members have to do so many things to use points and it just seems more strict. I mean idk how this will discourage point stealing, but it just seems odd. Just to add this new program seems to have been worked on the day before the release because of how terrible the execution of this program was. But oh well... just my theory and opinion of this dumpster fire of a situation.... 

I’d heard that the convoluted new coupon code method of redeeming points for store credit was to prevent kids from using their family’s/parents’ points without permission, but I’m not sure how effective it will be and ultimately all it’s really going to do is discourage impulse buying. 

So, just to clarify, the money off redemptions can be stacked…there’s just no easy way anymore to redeem for the entire purchase price of an item?

Example: If someone has $100 worth of VIP points and wants to purchase an $80 set using only VIP points, they would have to redeem for a combination of $50, $20, or $5 off, where before they could simply apply $80 worth of points.

Edited by The_Chosen_1

20 minutes ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

So, just to clarify, the money off redemptions can be stacked…there’s just no easy way anymore to redeem for the entire purchase price of an item?

Example: If someone has $100 worth of VIP points and wants to purchase an $80 set using only VIP points, they would have to redeem for a combination of $50, $20, or $5 off, where before they could simply apply $80 worth of points.

That pretty much how it works, yes. And yes it is ridiculously inconvenient. 

On the bright side, they’ve finally set it up so you can redeem points for in store on phone purchases and not just online orders. (So now you can be inconvenienced in your method of choice). 

Preordering the Harley Davidson failed. 17th here. Bug or am I too early?

I do have VIP.