Sign in to follow this  
adwind

[MOC]: Lifeguard's Shack

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone! Dedicated to all those who's looking forward to meet summer! :)

I'm not that great in MOCing, but I'm really happy how this thing turned out and I'll be more than happy to hear your thoughts and suggestions on this little build. (it's 540 pieces).

If you like how Lifeguard's Shack looks you may also find it on Lego Ideas website :)

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/93574c09-16cd-4076-98c1-996224fa7e9c

 

46938938605_40f980a32e_o_d.jpg

47803057732_25672c92d5_o_d.jpg

46938938255_83f409c38c_o_d.jpg

47803057612_7ddf2b84b0_o_d.jpg

47803057482_62fa0bc340_o_d.jpg

47803057812_da75f8de41_o_d.jpg

46938938415_f2c20f04c9_o_d.jpg

47803057652_90b21164dc_o_d.jpg

32911098277_0697c23bb1_o_d.jpg

32911098197_a3130ce831_o_d.jpg

46938938035_060763837d_o_d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice, great colors too.

Only a bit 'dangerous' all those stuff in front of the stairs :wink:
First thing I thought .. where are those nice girls from the serie ... but then there she is :classic:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, neonic said:

Nice, great colors too.

Only a bit 'dangerous' all those stuff in front of the stairs :wink:
First thing I thought .. where are those nice girls from the serie ... but then there she is :classic:  

Ha-ha you're right, they should be careful when running down :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, adwind said:

I'm not that great in MOCing...

You're not great, you're immense in MOCing! :sweet:

This structure is perfectly done and the use of soft colours is amazing ...great attention to the details and beautiful sequence of pictures! :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

You're not great, you're immense in MOCing! :sweet:

This structure is perfectly done and the use of soft colours is amazing ...great attention to the details and beautiful sequence of pictures! :thumbup:

Wow, it's a real pleasure to read this! :) I'm really happy you like it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

I really like how you have done the stairs. Never seen that idea before. :thumbup:

I have: https://www.flickr.com/photos/er0l/43929027925 :wink: Pretty sure I didn't invent it either though. However, it's a very minifig-friendly kind of staircase that can be actually used by them. 

Regarding the build I really like it, shaping and colour design are very nice. The 1x1 modified bricks with adjacents studs are put to a good use here. The door doesn't match the minifig scale in my opinion (as it hardly ever does) - I tried the same on my model but ended up with a brickbuilt one. 

In any case this would make a great set in my opinion, I'd definitely buy it. However I think it will need a lot of promotion to get the 10.000 votes done. Maybe chances would be better with a matching vehicle next to it, but that's just a guess. Good luck! :thumbup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

I really like how you have done the stairs. Never seen that idea before. :thumbup:

Thank you! :)

2 hours ago, ER0L said:

I have: https://www.flickr.com/photos/er0l/43929027925 :wink: Pretty sure I didn't invent it either though. However, it's a very minifig-friendly kind of staircase that can be actually used by them. 

Regarding the build I really like it, shaping and colour design are very nice. The 1x1 modified bricks with adjacents studs are put to a good use here. The door doesn't match the minifig scale in my opinion (as it hardly ever does) - I tried the same on my model but ended up with a brickbuilt one. 

In any case this would make a great set in my opinion, I'd definitely buy it. However I think it will need a lot of promotion to get the 10.000 votes done. Maybe chances would be better with a matching vehicle next to it, but that's just a guess. Good luck! :thumbup:

 

Thank you for your thoughts! Non IP projects really needs a lot of promotion to get to 10k - it's true. 

Your buickbuilt door does look great! Stripes on walls is a great touch too. But the truck steals the show! I actually was thinking about quad bike, but ended up with a simple water bike. Really wanted to keep it simple with minimum piece count. Maybe I should add a quad bike later with updates... still thinking :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

I also like the irregularity of the baseplate that reproduces the sand... Very well done! :thumbup:

Thank you! Yeah, just a square baseplate seemed too boring to me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Utterly charming! I've never seen one of these in real life, only ever on TV and so on, but this model captures the look of a lifeguard hut wonderfully. I like the choice of duck egg blue, too, which of course you had the freedom to choose because it's a digital model.

Great work, thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Utterly charming! I've never seen one of these in real life, only ever on TV and so on, but this model captures the look of a lifeguard hut wonderfully. I like the choice of duck egg blue, too, which of course you had the freedom to choose because it's a digital model.

Great work, thanks for sharing!

I'm glad you like it! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.