Vonsek

LEGO Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

I would understand there is nothing to talk other than just BrickHeadz but I want to make sure - there won’t be any Stranger Things sets this year? 

10 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I would understand there is nothing to talk other than just BrickHeadz but I want to make sure - there won’t be any Stranger Things sets this year? 

It's been hinted at, but not even directly.

It would be logical tho, because Brickheadz and a keychain are really random without anything more.

19 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's been hinted at, but not even directly.

It would be logical tho, because Brickheadz and a keychain are really random without anything more.

Gotcha, thank you.

Holy crap, I cannot believe that it’s been three years since the Lego set and Stranger Things Season 3.

3 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Holy crap, I cannot believe that it’s been three years since the Lego set and Stranger Things Season 3.

Three years in normal times.
46 years in covid time.

7 minutes ago, Maple said:

Three years in normal times.
46 years in covid time.

Sure as hell felt like it. The last few years have felt like an eternity, yet I question how we’re already in the year 2022?

I’m not even a huge Stranger Things fan, but I own the Upside Down set and would be interested if Lego did another, similar set to it. I’d probably have to hold off on it until next year though, I already have a lot of my Lego budget for this year planned out and my wallet is already displeased with me.

With the upside down retired but the Brickheadz out, Lego are clearly keeping the licence around. I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a set in conjunction with Season 4 in either may or July

Just saw the trailer for Season 4 Part 1 :pir-love: If we're getting more ST sets this year, we should hear something very soon! I'm guessing the release would be in June between Parts 1 & 2. 

I'm hoping for a few sets at a range of prices. As they have licensing and the show has been in production for so long, it's possible the sets will be from the new season (fingers crossed).

Well now that the orchid set has been revealed and reviewed it confirmed my suspicions. One of the parts on the plant is in fact a recoloured Demagorgan head. Unless they kept the mold of that piece specifically for the orchid set, which I think wouldn't have even been in development at the time of the upside down set release, but would have been once before the set retired, I can only hope that this is somewhat conformation that the Demagorgan head will be needed again, so hopefully this may be a further hint towards stranger things. I think at this point theres so many things that add up to there being a set coming, from a lone set with an inconsistent set number (10497), the teases from lego, the license still being around and the release of the new trailer and the season dropping next month, I think its safe to say that there is a set coming. The question is, what can it be? Personally, I'm thinking theres 3 options. Star court mall, Hawkins lab, or a season 4 location. Personally, I'm really hoping for Hawkins lab, or better yet, an upside down themed build. That would be sick. I think Hawkins lab has the biggest potential, considering the general look isn't too hard to pull off, all thats needed are those 8 x 8 girder parts that can cover it and it looks pretty realistic, I've got my own Hawkins lab moc with those parts used and it looks pretty spot on. It also looks like it will reappear in a flashback scene with eleven as well, so it seems likely, and it's been a major focal point for 2 seasons, and a minor point for season 3. 

My theory with the orchid demagorgan head really depends on if the designers decided to keep the mold around specifically for the orchid, or if it has a different, stranger potential and the designers just thought "Hey it looks like a flower lets use it". I hope we do get a set, and i also wonder what the figs are gonna be. ideally, all 6 party members, Steve, Johnathan, Robin and Nancy. its a high number, and considering the original 4 have already been in the upside down set, im not that confident that they would do all 10 figs, considering there would have to be other characters as well. they may get away with it if its a star court mall set, you could throw Erica in as well however if it was the lab then others such as Dr Brenner and the Demagorgan, some lab staff and Dr Sam Owens.

13 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

One of the parts on the plant is in fact a recoloured Demagorgan head. Unless they kept the mold of that piece specifically for the orchid set, which I think wouldn't have even been in development at the time of the upside down set release, but would have been once before the set retired, I can only hope that this is somewhat conformation that the Demagorgan head will be needed again, so hopefully this may be a further hint towards stranger things.

They've recently released a Demogorgon keychain, so it's not like this mould went anywhere. 

38 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They've recently released a Demogorgon keychain, so it's not like this mould went anywhere. 

Also, they don‘t retire moulds that quickly :tongue: Sometimes they bring back moulds that haven‘t been used in almost ten years

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Also, they don‘t retire moulds that quickly :tongue: Sometimes they bring back moulds that haven‘t been used in almost ten years

A few examples of parts that need a comeback are the extended minifigure arms & legs from the 2010 Toy Story sets.

On 4/20/2022 at 5:35 AM, MatthewRC said:

A few examples of parts that need a comeback are the extended minifigure arms & legs from the 2010 Toy Story sets.

I'm saying if you are waiting for extra long legs etc like the original Toy Story, they may be back in the Avatar sets.

On 5/11/2022 at 9:18 PM, jp-30 said:

Definitely yes, because the Na’Vi were much taller than the humans according to the first movie.

2 hours ago, astroboy75 said:

Can we expect a new set with the new season? Or it is definitely not happening?

I think we would’ve heard something by now :shrug_oh_well: Some leakers were hinting at a new set back when the Demogorgon keychain and Brickheadz were first rumoured, but we got so much false information around the time that I don’t really believe it anymore :sad: Not looking good I’m afraid

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I really hope they make more sets. Stranger Things 4 is pretty amazing. I'd love to get Creel house in Lego form (and Starcourt Mall and the Lab). A CMF would be great too.

There's just so much set potential here. Given that the theme made a slight return this year gives me some hope they have something else planned.

Season 4 Vol 1 was amazing, but it‘s surprisingly gorier than the previous three seasons combined (and that‘s saying something, considering what the Big Bad of S3 was)! So much so I now doubt they‘d dare releasing a set based on it *oh2* 

I don't foresee an issue, they would just release it in the adult line of sets. And they wouldn't adapt a gory moment into a set anyhow.

Lego just released Brickheadz and keychains for the franchise, if they had a problem with the show they'd have surely cut ties by now.