15 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Not that much. The spheres are Bionicle colors, and the 1x1 bricks were current colors I believe. One day I will update it to reflect never-released colors. And a difference in legacy and current colors.

Which 1x1s, the 1-highs or the 3-highs?

9 hours ago, BrokenEye said:

Which 1x1s, the 1-highs or the 3-highs?

The 1x1 bricks, not the 1x1 plates. The 1x1 round plates are metallic colors.

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

The 1x1 bricks, not the 1x1 plates. The 1x1 round plates are metallic colors.

So I take it the 1x1 square plates are all the new colors that don't fit into any of the other aforementioned categories?

By the way, there are a couple of unshaded white square plates with color names like "??Material367???" Are those placeholders for colors yet to come, or is that a bug?

54 minutes ago, BrokenEye said:

So I take it the 1x1 square plates are all the new colors that don't fit into any of the other aforementioned categories?

By the way, there are a couple of unshaded white square plates with color names like "??Material367???" Are those placeholders for colors yet to come, or is that a bug?

These are indeed new Colours waiting to be added. The three include 342 Conductive Black, 366 Transparent Blue Opal and 367 Transparent Green Opal. For now, feel free to download the latest Colour files below. It contains the full information of 185 official LEGO Colours (a few missing entries were added) together with an updated list of English and German Colour Names for all Colours (in the original Colour files there were missing names on either side and a number of formatting issues have been fixed such as spacing, many of the German names were also updated with improved localised translations using Google Translate and the formats of pre-existing German Colour names), although it is necessary to manually enable some of the Colours. The files also include the values of 368 Vibrant Yellow, just recently available at the time; but relevant details may change again in the near future, as quoted from the link to the latest LDraw Colour updates: “The Hex was sampled from one of Lego’s customer service part renders, so it is nor official nor very accurate”.

P.S., I just updated the latest Colour files again, two changes include Material296” changed from “Cool silver” to Cool Silver” (forgot the capital S before) and Material298” changed from Cool Silver” to Cool Silver, Drum Lacquered” (the equivalent German name was updated fully but for some reason the English name was not), apologies for the typos.

Edited by suenkachun

13 hours ago, Stephan said:

One day I will update it to reflect never-released colors. And a difference in legacy and current colors.

That would be great, with custom adjustment I'm quite lost with colours, and present files are about ten years old!

Maybe it would be a good idea to maintain the old files for "basic LDD" (the .11 version) and add updated files for the new "custom LDD".

11 hours ago, Calabar said:

That would be great, with custom adjustment I'm quite lost with colours, and present files are about ten years old!

Maybe it would be a good idea to maintain the old files for "basic LDD" (the .11 version) and add updated files for the new "custom LDD".

Almost done with this one. I found my old Color Chart with LDD "original" colors. And I am now about 80% done with the current+legacy+unreleased colors. And in the process I already found 4 missing colors which I added.

So, half of February passed, and I'm beggining to get worried... Hope everything is in order, and new release will come soon...

2 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

So, half of February passed, and I'm beggining to get worried... Hope everything is in order, and new release will come soon...

Don't worry, it takes about a week to have the update checked and about a day to prepare it here. So I need some free time to prepare it :)

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

Don't worry, it takes about a week to have the update checked and about a day to prepare it here. So I need some free time to prepare it :)

I just made the latest ldraw.xml public this morning, it converts all the custom parts from the repository (the ones that have an LDraw version of course).  AFAIK, there’s no major problem with them (well, except for 29602 that’s not oriented like the original official part (but its bounding box is :look:)).

4 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

I just made the latest ldraw.xml public this morning, it converts all the custom parts from the repository (the ones that have an LDraw version of course)

I am now adding the latest parts.

Done

Edited by Stephan

38 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Here you can find the latest Color Chart:

Original LDD

Latest version with as-of 2022 colors

If you want to have these colors BEFORE the next update, make sure to download the CurrentMaterials.xml, Materials.xml, EN MaterialNames localizedStrings.loc and the MaterialSelector.xml files from the Pre-Release Github!

Thanks for the colour updates, much appreciated. I know that Part 49311 Brick 1x4x3 has already been fixed but I have not heard any news regarding Part 3958 Plate 6x6, can this be fixed in time for the coming LDD update so that I can finally properly complete my Elevator designs? Sorry for posting about this again.

640x328.png640x328.png

640x328.png640x360.png

As demonstrated above, it is always possible to insert a layer of Plates (in this case four Plate 3x3) between the base of the Elevator cabin and the Flat Tile 6x6 beneath and there is even a short gap between these two (screenshot 2), further proving that everything fits. However, for some reason a Plate 6x6 will not work, even without the Flat Tile 6x6 beneath, and I first noticed this when the Plate 6x6 involved were all removed from some of my previous builds. I guess that whenever Bricks or Plates are located at uncommon heights less than half a Plate away, collisions might become tricky and require further adjustments. An example lxf file can be downloaded here in case more information is needed for this issue to be fixed.

Hope to see the rest of the Decorations I recently posted in the next update too (I only noticed 60382 from the newly posted ones so far), all the latest files have been posted within here (top row first five images and second-row images 4,5,7). I will wait patiently until the next release and update LDD in one go. Thanks again for keeping LDD alive.

2 minutes ago, suenkachun said:

Part 3958 Plate 6x6

Oops... I read 6x6 tile somehow in your previous posts... Consider it fixed! Regarding your decorations, I will include what is possible :)

I've been meaning to ask, what is a drum coating? Is that a special material that's only used in certain parts?

4 hours ago, Stephan said:

Original LDD

If you want to have these colors BEFORE the next update, make sure to download the CurrentMaterials.xml, Materials.xml, EN MaterialNames localizedStrings.loc and the MaterialSelector.xml files from the Pre-Release Github!

I assume the colors will be in the next update anyways?

8 hours ago, suenkachun said:

...a Plate 6x6 will not work, even without the Flat Tile 6x6 beneath... collisions might become tricky and require further adjustments.

Hello: you are right. The problem with the Plate 6x6 is the collision boxes. I take a look at your file and confirm this; but if you are corageous to do the change manually, here it's how to do it:

1. Go to and open the 3958.xml
  2. In the "Collision" section you can see 5 boxes: you needed to change this values (I choose this values for testing purpose): 
  • First box: sX and sY (the s stand for size) to 2.36
  • Second to fifth box: sY to 2.36
  • Second and third: tx (t is for translation/position) delete the last two digits
  • Fourth and fifth: tz delete the last two digits

3. Save the file but DON'T close it in case you dislike the change; when you are happy close it

4. Go to Roaming\Lego Company folder and delete the subfolder inside

5. Open LDD and (if all goes whell) you fixed the problem

Hope I help you. Any problem, ask and someone find a solution.

6 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

I assume the colors will be in the next update anyways?

Yes!

6 hours ago, BrokenEye said:

I've been meaning to ask, what is a drum coating? Is that a special material that's only used in certain parts?

I don't know the exact process, but they literally dump pieces in a large rotating drum and add (I think) a powder which coats the parts (used on for example the Monkey King Mech and 18+ Space Shuttle).

16 hours ago, Stephan said:

Original LDD

Great, I've updated the original post!

Did you add Bionicle colours too? Or are them still showed in a separate file? Is that old file updated? (I suppose no new Bionicle colour has been release in the last years).

Maybe it is possible to update decorations too, including lxf file and screenshot?

PS: maybe we could create a new LDD Colours and Decoration topic, replacing the old one that surely contains outdated considerations (for example the one about colours that don't render correctly in LDD).

Edited by Calabar

59 minutes ago, Calabar said:

Did you add Bionicle colours too? Or are them still showed in a separate file? Is that old file updated? (I suppose no new Bionicle colour has been release in the last years).

The Bionicle colors were already in the palette. The spheres were just taken from the palette. I decided to not include them in the New Version because all colors can be found in the palette.

I am also working on actualising the shown colors in LDD Extended.

1 hour ago, Calabar said:

Maybe it is possible to update decorations too, including lxf file and screenshot?

I'll let somebody else do that :grin:. All decorated parts can be easily retrieved from the LXF files from the updates. 

1 hour ago, Calabar said:

PS: maybe we could create a new LDD Colours and Decoration topic, replacing the old one that surely contains outdated considerations (for example the one about colours that don't render correctly in LDD).

That might indeed be beneficial. Especially since this new color chart lists ALL known numbered colors until now (well, printing specific Ink colors are not included but are in the MaterialNames files for future reference).

Sorry to ask, but where should I go for some help in adding new blocks to LDD? I (try the guide thing on page 1 and the only thing It did was crashing my games) 

Hey, I finally got around to starting to remake one of the Nexo Knights shield decals with what I hope are the correct dimensions. If this one works correctly, I'll get started on the other ones.

uE2A5PJ.pngvrmSfJM.png

Edited by BrokenEye

Hi, I added the latest custom parts to ldraw.xml.  (29602 is still not oriented the same way as the original part….)

One small missing feature: 67928, you can’t put a technic bush on the bar, only clips.

123.png.fda68a96e6c289bcbefab9819590585b.png

Hi everyone. Got a question for y'all. Two half cones 10x5x6 (29096) cannot stand close to each other as you can see. Anyone else got this problem or it is just me?

123.png

35 minutes ago, HarlemHomeboy said:

123.png.fda68a96e6c289bcbefab9819590585b.png

Hi everyone. Got a question for y'all. Two half cones 10x5x6 (29096) cannot stand close to each other as you can see. Anyone else got this problem or it is just me?

I will check this. 

On 2/20/2022 at 11:58 AM, SylvainLS said:

Hi, I added the latest custom parts to ldraw.xml.  (29602 is still not oriented the same way as the original part….)

One small missing feature: 67928, you can’t put a technic bush on the bar, only clips.

I'll check this. 

@Stephan I have downloaded newest version and noticed couple of things:

• I have also updated these files in my last update: 2684.g, 2686.g, 25561.g and 25561.g1
  • You have these 3 .g files in main primitives folder instead of LOD0: 47326.g, 47326.g1, 73230.g
  • What's the reason behind 24119 changes (seems like only pinholes were rotated)? It makes it incompatible with models saved on vanilla LDD and removes it and in some cases parts connected to it.
  • I've noticed you aren't using my 71708, you might reconsider it due to nicer 3D model (the orientations are different so in order to not brake any existing models the 3D model from .g file would have to be rotated to match .xml pin holes).