Sign in to follow this  
pombe

[S12 - Nar Shaddaa - BS] Sewer Rat

Chapter 1: Sewer Rat

Cleff Jiwa was out of breath, his breathing ragged as he ran for his life.  His right foot splashed into the sewer sludge and almost slipped on some sort of mush, the contents of which he'd rather not think about.

39775719293_01ed2695b0_b.jpg

After a short slide on the mush, he regained his footing and kept running.  The smell was awful, but that was the least of his worries.  Who sent Lash after me?  No one was supposed to know!  It wasn't even that much!

Cleff was just a low level Black Sun enforcer, sent to collect protection money from various establishments from Nar Shaddaa's Red Light Sector.  Sure, he took a little more than he was supposed to, which he skimmed for himself, but it was just a few credits, nothing more than a rounding error.

Pew!

A flash of red from a blaster bolt just missed his head and glanced off the sewer wall ahead of him.

A ladder!

[39775719863_45b19113d3_b.jpg

Cleff saw a ladder leading up to the streets of Nar Shaddaa to his left and ran for it.  Sure, it would take him some time to climb it, but he was definitely dead if he continued to run in his current path.  Almost ther...

Pew! Pew!

Instead of jumping up and grabbing a rung of the ladder and climbing to safety, Cleff felt his body give out as it fell, out of his control, and splashed into the contents of the sewer.  His final thoughts were of just how awful everything smelled and tasted.

39775720363_29ac4cdfef_b.jpg

The bounty hunter, Lash, hovered over the body, holstering a pair of silver LPA NN-14 blaster pistols.  

++++++

Sindeen was never more glad that her suit could switch to its own air supply, though the outside of the armor would need a thorough cleaning when this was over.  Her suit was a customized version of the imperial jumptrooper armor, something she created for herself before she left the imperial army.  The combination of her rank as a stormtrooper captain and the fact that she was the daughter of a famous retired general offered her many perks in the imperial army that she took full advantage of.  The suit wasn't as advanced as what the Mandalorians used, but it was more robust and easier to use, and replacement parts were much more available.

She spoke into the comm in her helmet to address her crew, "Target secured."

"You have a funny way of saying 'dead', captain," the droid, FISS, replied.

"Just arrange for a pick up," she replied.

"I'd love nothing more than to traipse through the sewers of Nar Shaddaa and drag a corpse soaked in sewage back to the ship.  Consider it done."

Sindeen frowned inside her helmet.  Not for the first time, she realized that she has never met a droid who wasn't snarky.  She reminded herself, again, that she would look into how these things were programmed when she had some time.

"Uh...Captain?" Karek, the pilot of her crew, uttered.

She hated that 'Uh'.  Karek only used it when something wasn't right.  She let him continue, "Go on."

"I've been monitoring imperial channels and there's a lot of chatter right now.  From what I can tell, there's been a huge battle at Jakku.  The Seeker...isn't that your sister's ship?"

Sindeen's sister, Pom, had followed her footsteps and became an imperial stormtrooper.  The last time Sindeen saw her sister was when Pom had gone home to Muunilinst to visit their father.  She had tracked her sister just to check up on her.

A chill went down her spine, "What about the Seeker?"

"It's been lost.  It seems the navy lost a lot of ships," Karek replied.

"Prepare the ship.  NOW!" She yelled as she flew towards where the Dark Ruby was docked.

Spoiler

39775720923_b7d0a40c21_b.jpg

39775717733_e1430e3459_b.jpg

31799326747_4ce15d9bf0_b.jpg

39775715833_100eb0b1c9_b.jpg

Comments and criticisms are all welcome!!!

Edited by pombe
Fixed image link in spoiler

I love it! A really nice build that fits in perfectly with the aesthetic. 

My only criticism would be that the "water" looks too blue. 

Can we get a look at the suit from the front? It looks really neat.

7 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

My only criticism would be that the "water" looks too blue. 

Can we get a look at the suit from the front? It looks really neat.

I agree with the criticism.  I didn't want to go trans clear, since I wanted some color, but I didn't want trans neon green or trans green, either.  A trans brown would have been perfect, but I decided to just go with what I had on hand.  I added things that would fit in the hollow area of the bricks to help give it some color, but it didn't turn out like I imagined in my head.

Here's a quick snapshot of the crew from the front, including a sneak peak at the Dark Ruby.

32877839298_cda1e66a82_b.jpg

Oh man, I'm glad to see you here Pombe.

Great first build. Love the "red light" panels. That's inspired. Also plenty of great greebling on the lower part. And very cool figs. This one has it all.

My favorite detail is the junk you put in those trans-lt. blue bricks. Gives that sewer effect but is one of those thankless tiny details that is hard to pick out, yet very rewarding if you notice it.

Edited by mccoyed

I really like how you made the lower part completely gray, but the good lighting and photographing adds a good amount of depth to the small details and it looks stunning. :thumbup:

This is gorgeous! Lovely use of the friends stickers to advertise the seedier aspects of Nar Shaddaa's entertainment, and the jetpack is nice too. Love the all LEGO shots.

The story is well written and makes me want to read more. Fantastic job all round.

I That was a great introduction backed up with an interesting build.  I got a great SWTOR vibe from it. Nice job Pombe. 

PS: not in micro scale or comedic.  I’m stunned! :)

10 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

not comedic.  I’m stunned! :)

...  Sure ? :grin:

On 1/15/2019 at 7:34 AM, pombe said:

After a short slide on the mush

On 1/15/2019 at 7:34 AM, pombe said:

and splashed into the contents of the sewer.  His final thoughts were of just how awful everything smelled and tasted.

Your talents seem to have only improved since our time together at Octan. As always your creativity shines through in this build! I love the idea of throwing small 1-1 round tiles inside the 2-1 trans-blue panel. Inspirational! I never considered a technique like that before! (Tho in fairness I also don't think I have any trans- panels with which to experiment atm. :tongue: )

great to see more of your builds and your style has improved astronomically since your firsts builds in this forum! I eagerly await more Pombe action in this game! 

~Insectoid Aristocrat 

10 hours ago, Dannylonglegs said:

great to see more of your builds and your style has improved astronomically since your firsts builds in this forum! I eagerly await more Pombe action in this game! 

~Insectoid Aristocrat 

Thanks!  And it's great to see you back!

For me, AG was a great crash course of intense LEGO building.  However, that resulted in me building a lot of crap MOCs, which really were against the spirit of the game.  When AG ended, I decided that I wanted to take my time and use the lessons I'd learn to improve my MOCs.  Also, thanks to my exposure to all the great AG storytellers, such as yourself, I also decided to change the way I presented a story and up my writing game, as well.

Edited by pombe

3 minutes ago, pombe said:

Thanks!  And it's great to see you back!

For me, AG was a great crash course of intense LEGO building.  However, that resulted in me building a lot of crap MOCs, which really were against the spirit of the game.  When AG ended, I decided that I wanted to take my time and use the lessons I'd learn to improve my MOCs.  Also, thanks to my exposure to all the great AG storytellers, such as yourself, I also decided to change the way I presented a story and up my writing game, as well.

We'll thanks! For the record, I always loved your cooky and creative builds and your funny stories. I wish I'd been in a better headspace during our colab, but alas that coincided with my brother's death and I didn't really finish it like I'd intended to.  In fact, should AG ever be revived, that storyline will be referenced significantly at first. Anyways I loved playing with you even though my character's logic contrasted so significantly with yours' silliness. :grin_wub:

Anyways tho, what you're saying is very evidently true. Your style has leveled up! :wub:

~Insectoid Aristocrat