Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

I spoke with my local LEGO store and they confirmed July 1 release in the states.

1 hour ago, legogoblin2099 said:

I don’t know if it’s entirely unlikely. It would make sense for LEGO to put that variant in a CMF series, especially considering that doing a set of the trial is unlikely. It would be a great a way to gather robes for ministry people. 

I was thinking of her usage in a Hogwarts set. OotP trial is simply not going to happen. DH one on the other hand is almost certain, but there she wears her usual pink atrocity. I guess CMF is an option, but personally I don't think it's that necessary to make this variant of her :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, BenderBrau said:

I was thinking of her usage in a Hogwarts set. OotP trial is simply not going to happen. DH one on the other hand is almost certain, but there she wears her usual pink atrocity. I guess CMF is an option, but personally I don't think it's that necessary to make this variant of her :shrug_oh_well:

I wouldn’t say the DH trial is anywhere close to certain, after all the DH wave will theoretically contain the last two movies, so you’ve got the Escape from Privet Drive and the Burrow (it the don’t get covered next wave), the Rookery, Malfoy Manor, Shell Cottage, the Gringott’s Heist (and that better be a certainty because dragons are awesome), the Hog’s Head and the entire Battle of Hogwarts. Compared to all that I’d say the relatively short scene at the ministry is pretty low priority - if they do any ministry scenes at all it will be for OotP (and I’m still not convinced they’ll do that with only half a wave to work and some far more compelling choices). 

I agree with you on not needing them to make every variation of Umbridge though. She was only in two movies (and had a very minor part in the second). The bricktober pack and whatever OotP sets she appears in will be more than enough representation for her. (Save the CMF slots for characters we might not get anywhere else). 

27 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I wouldn’t say the DH trial is anywhere close to certain, after all the DH wave will theoretically contain the last two movies, so you’ve got the Escape from Privet Drive and the Burrow (it the don’t get covered next wave), the Rookery, Malfoy Manor, Shell Cottage, the Gringott’s Heist (and that better be a certainty because dragons are awesome), the Hog’s Head and the entire Battle of Hogwarts. Compared to all that I’d say the relatively short scene at the ministry is pretty low priority - if they do any ministry scenes at all it will be for OotP (and I’m still not convinced they’ll do that with only half a wave to work and some far more compelling choices).

I would say the trial is of pretty high priority, equal to Gringotts and Hogwarts battle if the sets are meant to follow the narrative of gathering the horcruxes. Of course I'm not saying they definitely will, Lego can decide to completely discard the horcruxes and have the final battle be just about defeating Voldemort, not destroying some artifacts. But in that case, the Gringotts break-in set would be pointless. Unless they pretend the locket doesn't exist, or the one in the cave was real and destroyed immediately - assuming there will be a cave set. Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how Lego will aproach the final movies.

56 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how Lego will aproach the final movies.

They could take a similar approach to the Infinity War sets - have a Horcrux in each set in the same way that all the Infinity War sets each had an Infinity Stone in them. Although you would have to omit the diary since that never appears in either instalment of DH.

I would say the trial is of pretty high priority, equal to Gringotts and Hogwarts battle if the sets are meant to follow the narrative of gathering the horcruxes. Of course I'm not saying they definitely will, Lego can decide to completely discard the horcruxes and have the final battle be just about defeating Voldemort, not destroying some artifacts. But in that case, the Gringotts break-in set would be pointless. Unless they pretend the locket doesn't exist, or the one in the cave was real and destroyed immediately - assuming there will be a cave set. Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how Lego will aproach the final movies.

I mean, it’s not like Infinity War or Endgame - two out of the six/seven horocruxes aren’t even destroyed in Deathly Hallows, and one is never even destroyed on screen (in the books or in the movies). So there’s no need to include the acquisition or destruction of each for some sense of completion. Acting like the sets are somehow required to portray every single plot point of the movie’s narrative is a little ridiculous, especially considering that Lego has already skipped over some significant scenes. (This wave they didn’t include the Shrieking Shack, where we found out about Sirius and Lupin’s friendship. That doesn’t mean Lego is ‘pretending it doesn’t exist,’ it means that Lego had a limited budget this wave and they decided the Shrieking Shack wouldn’t sell as well.)

Plus, going off play potential - repetitive circular seats with yet another Umbridge variation < all three main characters riding a Dragon busting out of Gringott’s with Hermione polyjuiced as Bellatrix. It’s silly to act like they’re the same thing just because both happened to acquire a horocrux. 

It also bears pointing out that both the Slytherin locket and Ravenclaw diadem were printed on for the founder minifigures. I could see the unworn locket being printed on a clear tile for, say, the horocrux cave from HBP or the locket’s destruction from DH1, but a scene where someone is wearing in and it’s taken off, like the courtroom scene? Might not work. (Speaking of the locket destruction scene, if they simply had to make a scene with the locket from DH1 that’s the one I’d go with)

53 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

They could take a similar approach to the Infinity War sets - have a Horcrux in each set in the same way that all the Infinity War sets each had an Infinity Stone in them. Although you would have to omit the diary since that never appears in either instalment of DH.

That's what I'm thinking about. I just like the idea of having actual pieces representing horcruxes, not mere prints like on Rowena and Salazar. We already have the diary and Nagini, it would be awesome to have the rest.

1 minute ago, Accio Lego said:

Acting like the sets are somehow required to portray every single plot point of the movie’s narrative is a little ridiculous

I'm not expecting every single scene and place, just the ones where there's a horcrux involved. That's kinda what the plot's about, Lego shouldn't just ignore them.

26 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

repetitive circular seats with yet another Umbridge variation < all three main characters riding a Dragon busting out of Gringott’s with Hermione polyjuiced as Bellatrix

Well, I can't argue with that. But the ministry scene has a bit more to it - the smoke bombs, battle with dementors and Yaxley plus the cat patronus. It could be made into a play set if Lego wanted to

35 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Speaking of the locket destruction scene, if they simply had to make a scene with the locket from DH1 that’s the one I’d go with)

That is a viable option too, which I completely forgot about because initially we were talking about Umbridge :hmpf: and the doe patronus to pair with the stag would be even better than the cat. Although the ministry set would have better minifig potential with polyjuiced HRH, Umbridge, Yaxley, Mary and a dementor

I would love to get minifigs if Runcorn, Cattermole and Mafalda, with Yaxley and maybe even Pius Thicknesse. That would be simply amazing

I'm looking for a picture of all the 2018 and 2019 sets put together, if someone has a picture I would love to see it. Can't find anything on youtube or ig.

I'm not expecting every single scene and place, just the ones where there's a horcrux involved. That's kinda what the plot's about, Lego shouldn't just ignore them.

Yes, and the plot of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets quite literally revolves around the Chamber of Secrets, but they still skipped over doing that set. I’m just saying that importance to plot isn’t the deciding factor. Lego decides what to make sets on based off their budget/projected demand - we didn’t get the Forbidden Corridor or Chamber of Secrets because there wasn’t the budget for the new molds they would have required the first year of the reboot, we didn’t get the second task this year for similar reasons, and we didn’t get the Shrieking Shack because there wouldn’t have had any exclusive minifigures in what would have been a large set. If they don’t think the set will be profitable, they’ll pass it over. 

Ultimately, I think the Ministry Battle would either be confined to the courtroom with a boring build, or big enough to be competing for a price point slot with some much more iconic scenes. (On the other hand the locket destruction scene is a nice little 15-20$ price point set that probably won’t have much competition). I wouldn’t put my money on it coming out in 2021, but if the theme continues on to fill in the gaps...

Maybe they could pair up the whole Locket destruction thing with the camping and Snatchers?

- Characters they could choose from: Harry (with a disfigured alternate face), Hermione, Ron, Scabior, Fenrir Greyback, random Snatchers

- Tent build with maybe some trees

- Sword of Gryffindor and Slytherin locket as ''collectables'', locket could use a slightly altered version of one of these pieces.

This one is usually for minidolls: 28628apb03.png

Medal piece could also work: Lego Minifigure, Neckband with Gold Medal Pattern

My Hogwarts as it is currently; consisting of the 2010-11 and 2018 Hogwarts sets (4842 Hogwarts Castle, 4867 Hogwarts, 75954 Great Hall, 75953 Whomping Willow), plus a few extra pieces. I borrowed Ideas from other people's Hogwarts Castles' that I've looked at. the right side of the Castle will be re-done when I get my Clocktower- It's currently in the post! I will have to take new pictures then.

48011550447_ce631903ab_k.jpgDSC_0003 by Decat, on Flickr

6 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I'm looking for a picture of all the 2018 and 2019 sets put together, if someone has a picture I would love to see it. Can't find anything on youtube or ig.

I dont have them all right now, but right now it looks like this:

https://ibb.co/DD1rXHH

22 hours ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

That would be great thanks! I’d like to integrate the two but I’m a sucker for continuity so wanted to see how other people managed to merge them together!

Just now, Robocrookshanks said:

Cheers, I loved all the 2010 Hogwarts sets (soooo much better than the previous ones) so keen to integrate into the current sets. All looks great!!! Thank you :) 

Sorry if this has been covered before, but if Lego can't reuse CMF parts in normal sets, how come Dumbledore's hair/hat piece from the CMF is now being reused in the Clock Tower. Can they use recolours? Or am I getting this wrong?

JANG's latest video, which looks at the various combinations that can be done with the Hogwarts sets

And a separate review for the Clocktower

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Sorry if this has been covered before, but if Lego can't reuse CMF parts in normal sets, how come Dumbledore's hair/hat piece from the CMF is now being reused in the Clock Tower. Can they use recolours? Or am I getting this wrong?

I think they can reuse molds (it’s happened many times before, Dumbledore’s hat/hair and babymort are just two examples) but they can’t reuse prints as far as I know

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

@Balrogofmorgoth is right. Lego can reuse new molds introduced for a CMF character but they can't reuse prints

45 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think they can reuse molds (it’s happened many times before, Dumbledore’s hat/hair and babymort are just two examples) but they can’t reuse prints as far as I know

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

@Balrogofmorgoth is right. Lego can reuse new molds introduced for a CMF character but they can't reuse prints

Thank you both. I got confused because I'm sure there was some discussion a while ago about not just the face prints not staying the same between the CMFs and this wave, but Hermione's hair changing too. :shrug_oh_well:

Flitwick's hair has also appeared elsewhere in reddish brown in a different theme and Moody's hair has also appeared in reddish brown in bricks and pieces. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Now what I would like to know is can Bricktober prints be reused? I’m wondering about face prints for Umbridge and Slughorn. I can’t remember if Bricktober prints have been reused before

8 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Now what I would like to know is can Bricktober prints be reused? I’m wondering about face prints for Umbridge and Slughorn. I can’t remember if Bricktober prints have been reused before

Didn't they reuse Rhodey's face-print for the Endgame sets?

So when people talk about CMF parts not being able to be reused, aren't there plenty of exceptions? Like the S1 skater and cheerleader in the Brick calendar from 2011, Homer and Krusty in Dimensions (plus I think Bart and Marge in the Kwik-E-Mart), or Donald Duck in the Disney Castle? The LEGO Movie CMF series have also had plenty of prints which maybe weren't "reused" but were released in normal sets alongside the CMF series (looking especially at TLNM). Brickset even records the S8 Santa being reused for several years (including three City advent calendars) after he was released as a blind bag.

Edited by SoupOrFishOil