Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors and discussion

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

-opinion on Harry Potter movies-

We are not judging the quality of the movies - we are judging from set potential of things that could sell well and should be adapted. In terms of iconic aspects, the top 7 memorable moments as decided by Pottermore (the official site for Wizarding World/Harry Potter) are all from the first two films.

  1. Three-headed Dog, Devil's Snare, Wizards Chess.
  2. Gilderoy Lockhart's classroom/book signing, Chamber of Secrets

Each of these could have been adapted into a Lego set but were skipped and are exclusive to this film they are introduced in.

5 hours ago, RODDY said:

It's now impossible to put the Chamber under Great Hall. How would you do it while also simultaneously connecting the Whomping Willow portion and now the Watchtower?

Why does the Chamber need to be underneath anything? It could be entirely seperate like the Quidditch Match. Alternatively if something does need to be above it, then they could just make the Girls Bathroom with opening sink entrance with a slide to the Chamber OR simply a corridor with the 'Chamber Of Secrets' message on the wall and Mrs Norris.

Even something like Guyon2002 has now suggested could work - as a minifigure scale Hogwarts needs layers rather than just having everything be the same height by having the Chamber underneath everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Well, Firenze the centaur only appeared in the first film, more PS sets is the only way of getting a centaur

Whether the movies were good or bad, is pointless for this discussion I think

There could be a lot of play features

The basilisk coming out of the statue could be one. The apparition of Tom Riddle could be another one. Fawkes delivering the sorting hat, etc.....

 

Also, it could have young Tom Riddle and Gilderoy Lockhart minifigures as exclusives

Also a girls bathroom secret sink slide. Basically just sounds like a darker version of most Friends sets :laugh_hard:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

We are not judging the quality of the movies - we are judging from set potential of things that could sell well and should be adapted. In terms of iconic aspects, the top 7 memorable moments as decided by Pottermore (the official site for Wizarding World/Harry Potter) are all from the first two films.

  1. Three-headed Dog, Devil's Snare, Wizards Chess.
  2. Gilderoy Lockhart's classroom/book signing, Chamber of Secrets

Each of these could have been adapted into a Lego set but were skipped and are exclusive to this film they are introduced in.

Is there a link to this list?

Honestly, how are those 2 moments the top!?! I'm just baffled by that list.

With that in mind, I hope that the entire next wave is just sets depicting Gilderoy Lockhart signing books. LOL

Just as a counterpoint, I will mention that technically these things featured in the Hogwarts Castle set (Not Gilderoy signing books sadly, such a disappointment :wink:). So technically these things have been included already, just at a slightly smaller scale...

Edited by strangely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

To add one last thing to this (already incredibly long) post. What do you think of this CoS mocup? This would be the open back and the front would just look like another part of the castle!

Yeah this is the most likely thing to happen. Just take the potions classroom for example, that's also supposed to be in the dungeons, but they made it a part of the castle. It's the most convenient way to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2019 at 9:23 PM, The Dangerous HC said:

She appears in the first film... how do you not remember the famous “we’ll take everything scene” and Harry finding Dumbledore on his Chocolate Frog card, although I think with that set they were just taking some liberties from the book, like with Lucien Bole in the Quidditch set, she appears in Book 3 giving the trio Pumpkin Pasties after failing to wake Lupin

Nope, she appeared as her minifig in GoF. Her appearance in Stone was was a smaller, older woman with a white hat/bonnet thing on. 

On 1/24/2019 at 11:43 PM, Guyon2002 said:

As stated by The Dangerous HC the Trolley Witch was in Philosopher's Stone too. For the Willow set, its year 2 not 3. While the Whomping Willow does appear in 3 this specific scene is from 2, you might want to watch the movie again.

The Ford Anglia is included (which, by my recollection, only appeared in Chamber of Secrets), and the 2 Hogwarts Staff characters are Filch and Snape. After Harry and Ron get out of the car they run to the Great Hall for the feast but they get caught by Filch, who brings them to Snape's office (which is also the reason Snape's office is in the set). If you think about it, its pretty obvious the Whomping Willow set is from year 2.

Ugh...duh.:facepalm: I don’t know what I was thinking that the Anglia was year 3...I brain farted I suppose. Even still, year 3 has been visited, even obscurely by including Lupin & the Dementor in the Express. But then we have the Witch, Luna...and year 1/2 trio. So who really knows. :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we know if the Hogwarts Clocktower is going to be the same design as the Hogwarts sets from last year? Presumably it is going to be able to connect because of the spaces they left in the last two builds. This probably means that it's going to have a base level and be hollow on one side, similar to the other Hogwarts sets. So it'll probably be as small as the original one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Do we know if the Hogwarts Clocktower is going to be the same design as the Hogwarts sets from last year? Presumably it is going to be able to connect because of the spaces they left in the last two builds. This probably means that it's going to have a base level and be hollow on one side, similar to the other Hogwarts sets. So it'll probably be as small as the original one.

I do very much hope future Hogwarts sets will connect to each other, even if they don’t advertise the feature as a link to retired sets 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you are all just focusing to much on which year each set is depicting when it seems to me that lego has tried really hard to make sets that you could (with the help of minifigs from the CMF and bricktober pack) play out many different scenes and years with. Of course each year has some unique features, but still in the whole i think it is the best way to do it now that the movies are all done, to make a more "overview" collection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, strangely said:

Is there a link to this list?
Honestly, how are those 2 moments the top!?! I'm just baffled by that list.

https://www.pottermore.com/features/25-standout-harry-potter-moments
Remember that the first two movies were the foundation that latched on a whole generation of people who have never read the books - while people may view the other films as having better quality the amount of memorable lines, potentially due to nostalgia, is fairly limited to the first three films and a few trailer lines from later films.

8 hours ago, strangely said:

Just as a counterpoint, I will mention that technically these things featured in the Hogwarts Castle set (Not Gilderoy signing books sadly, such a disappointment :wink:). So technically these things have been included already, just at a slightly smaller scale... 

True, though other aspects of the Hogwarts Castle set have gained representing in larger sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Nope, she appeared as her minifig in GoF. Her appearance in Stone was was a smaller, older woman with a white hat/bonnet thing on. 

(...) Lupin & the Dementor in the Express. But then we have the Witch, Luna...and year 1/2 trio. So who really knows. 

Er... Which version of the Hogwarts Express set are you talking about? Luna was in the previous one, but not in the 2018 version. And the trolley witch is 100% a match for the lady who appears in the first film. 

Unrelated to the quote above: that set list most of you seem to be putting your faith in. What about it makes you feel confident there’s truth to it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

 

Unrelated to the quote above: that set list most of you seem to be putting your faith in. What about it makes you feel confident there’s truth to it? 

Brickfanatics have leaked the HP list from last year as well and they were right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't some artwork for a Peter Pettigrew figure get leaked from the next Harry Potter book? Which set would he most likely come in? I guess it would have to be Watchtower or Patronus.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Nope, she appeared as her minifig in GoF. Her appearance in Stone was was a smaller, older woman with a white hat/bonnet thing on. 

Ugh...duh.:facepalm: I don’t know what I was thinking that the Anglia was year 3...I brain farted I suppose. Even still, year 3 has been visited, even obscurely by including Lupin & the Dementor in the Express. But then we have the Witch, Luna...and year 1/2 trio. So who really knows. :tongue:

Luna has only come in the CMF series. She came in a Hogwarts Express set years ago but not this time around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

https://www.pottermore.com/features/25-standout-harry-potter-moments
Remember that the first two movies were the foundation that latched on a whole generation of people who have never read the books - while people may view the other films as having better quality the amount of memorable lines, potentially due to nostalgia, is fairly limited to the first three films and a few trailer lines from later films.

That list just seems to list everything in chronological order by book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Didn't some artwork for a Peter Pettigrew figure get leaked from the next Harry Potter book? Which set would he most likely come in? I guess it would have to be Watchtower or Patronus.

He appeared in the new Character Guide but that was the old figure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of pointless arguing about these sets I think. If the theme is evergreeen, I’m sure we’ll see the chamber at some point. I really, really want a large brickbuilt basilisk. 

Im gonna predict that the (clock)tower features the medical wing and the defence against the dark arts classroom. Hopefully it doesn’t just feature the clock tower building, but another part of the castle too, like how the great hall and Whomping Willow sets featured an extra part. Would be nice to get a greenhouse for the mandrakes, and we could get Madame sprout.

excited for the knight bus, loved that as a kid and would be so nice to get it again. I really Home hagrids hut comes with fang and buckbeak, would be great.

as for the triwizard tournament, please, please, please be the first task. Brickbuilt horntail please! As much as Smaug and the dinos look nice, the recent ninjago dragons look so great and have so much articulation, and considering the brick-built creature focus of this theme, I expect it will be brickbuilt. Also would be nice to have a build for harry’s Firebolt. The old broomstick mould is fine, but it’s so innacurate, and even moreso for that broom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Im gonna predict that the (clock)tower features the medical wing and the defence against the dark arts classroom. Hopefully it doesn’t just feature the clock tower building, but another part of the castle too, like how the great hall and Whomping Willow sets featured an extra part. Would be nice to get a greenhouse for the mandrakes, and we could get Madame sprout.

As much as I love the DATDA classroom I really hope it isn't included in the clocktower set. It's so important in the series it deserves a set of it's own!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prices: 75945 - 20€, 75946 - 35€, 75947 - 65€, 75948 - 100€, 75957 - 40€.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Prices: 75945 - 20€, 75946 - 35€, 75947 - 65€, 75948 - 100€, 75957 - 40€.

Okay 75945 has like 240 pieces and costs 35€, It‘s probably the Triwizard Challenge with a mould for the Hungarian Horntail and that’s why the price is so high. The 65€ set is probably the Knight Bus and the Privet drive and Hagrid’s Hut for 40€! What do you think?

Edited by topiku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Prices: 75945 - 20€, 75946 - 35€, 75947 - 65€, 75948 - 100€, 75957 - 40€.

Thanks for the info :sweet:

Here are last years sets to compare:

  • 75950-157 parts-2 figs-20€
  • 75951-132 parts-2 figs/1 big animal-30€
  • 75952-694 parts-4 figs-50€
  • 75953-753 parts-6 figs-70€
  • 75954-878 parts-10 figs-100€
  • 75955-801 parts-6 figs-80€
  • 75956-500 parts-6 figs-40€

I wonder what is up with the gap before 75957..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, topiku said:

Okay 75945 has like 240 pieces and costs 35€, It‘s probably the Triwizard Challenge with a mould for the Hungarian Horntail and that’s why the price is so high. The 65€ set is probably the Knight Bus and the Privet drive and Hagrid’s Hut for 40€! What do you think?

Still not sure about the horntail but this would be amazing. Wishful thinking for Privet Drive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Thanks for the info :sweet:

Here are last years sets to compare:

  • 75950-157 parts-2 figs-20€
  • 75951-132 parts-2 figs/1 big animal-30€
  • 75952-694 parts-4 figs-50€
  • 75953-753 parts-6 figs-70€
  • 75954-878 parts-10 figs-100€
  • 75955-801 parts-6 figs-80€
  • 75956-500 parts-6 figs-40€

I wonder what is up with the gap before 75957..

The gap is the 2018 sets. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dimaks13 said:

The gap is the 2018 sets. :wink:

LOL I didn’t notice that.  So is 49 a retailer exclusive then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems the Triwizard set is about half the pieces of the Quidditch set, but I almost the same price, only a slightly lower. Maybe a big molded Horntail? I’m hoping for that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.