Momotof

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

The figs sound good and brickclicker said at least ten so there could be more but we will see what will happen.  Also think a fellbeast would be nice.  Definitely shaping up to be another great middle earth set.  

I already have 2 Mouth Of Saurons... oh well, still shaping up fairly nicely

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Artanis I said:

I already have 2 Mouth Of Saurons... oh well, still shaping up fairly nicely

I just have the one and it’s one of my favorite figures I own, easily top 5 at least. But the helmet piece has gotten pretty loose on the head and falls off easily. Hopefully the new one will be dual molded hard plastic and not rubber like the old one. 

Also, I would not advise anyone to sell their old Mouth of Sauron figures until we see concrete evidence of his inclusion. 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

What are the chances for a horse or two and or a fellbeast included with that minifig lineup? Should have increased right?

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Finally someone who gets it! If they include every figure everyone wants in this set then it’s a sure sign that they have no future plans for them. Saving some really desirable ones for later is a good thing

Lego allways keeps something back for potential future waves (Like a whole cmf wave of Simpsons characters or Faramir, Eowyn and Witchking in the last Lotr wave) or just cherrypicks in a stupid way, that makes it impossible to get everything important in the end (like the Disney Serieses, where they could have put the 4 most relevant characters of a movie in one series or main protagonist and villain with an important support character in each series, but they choose to put just the main Hero and Villain into one series ...or just one of them alone in some cases. Stitch without Lilo... Hercules and Hades without Megara and Phil... Mulan alone...). I think we should be gratefull for anything we get/have. It is pretty much unpredictable with Lego, if they continue something in my honest opinion.

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

But the helmet piece has gotten pretty loose on the head and falls off easily.

Hey, it‘s almost screen-accurate at least :laugh_hard:

I personally don‘t mind not getting the Witch-King! …for now :devil: His exclusion here is a good sign, as others have pointed out! 

I haven't kept up, were those Gimli and Legolas brickheads confirmed to be true? Less exciting than barad dur but would be a nice addition to the other brickheads

1 hour ago, Timobricko said:

I haven't kept up, were those Gimli and Legolas brickheads confirmed to be true? Less exciting than barad dur but would be a nice addition to the other brickheads

I think so, and I bet that it will be the GWP for Barad-Dûr just as they did last year. I hope I'm wrong and they make something else for that purpose.

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hey, it‘s almost screen-accurate at least :laugh_hard:

I personally don‘t mind not getting the Witch-King! …for now :devil: His exclusion here is a good sign, as others have pointed out! 

Truth,

I am good without the witch king, would be nice if there were two Nazgûl though.  

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

What are the chances for a horse or two and or a fellbeast included with that minifig lineup? Should have increased right?

I am also hoping for the horses now with the inclusion of the mouth of Sauron (and a fell beast for the Nazgûl).  I need a bunch of those horses (with any luck it will come out in pick a brick if they do one with the red eyes like some of the other ones have had, but I doubt it in this case).

3 hours ago, Ben S said:

I think so, and I bet that it will be the GWP for Barad-Dûr just as they did last year. I hope I'm wrong and they make something else for that purpose.

I am hoping for a better GWP too, so many other sets and themes have had excellent GWP that add to the set.  Barad-Dur is a must buy for me, but the GWP will determine if it is day one, or waiting until there is a 2X VIP.

Yeah, I think a horse for the Mouth is a given, but I don’t want it to be a Nazgûl horse, I would rather get a screen accurate horse for him because that horse was really cool looking 

1 hour ago, Lordhelmet said:

I am hoping for a better GWP too, so many other sets and themes have had excellent GWP that add to the set.  Barad-Dur is a must buy for me, but the GWP will determine if it is day one, or waiting until there is a 2X VIP.

Same here. I see zero reason to buy a set day-one without 2x VIP or a compelling GWP. I'm not sure what would constitute "compelling" though lol

7 hours ago, Ben S said:

Brick Clicker mentioned on Discord that an 18+ gwp is scheduled for June 1 st. Being related to Barad-Dur seems likely (just wait for it to be the Witch King on a (brick-built) fell beast).

38 minutes ago, Cyprinus said:

Brick Clicker mentioned on Discord that an 18+ gwp is scheduled for June 1 st. Being related to Barad-Dur seems likely (just wait for it to be the Witch King on a (brick-built) fell beast).

I wouldn´t think it would be something with an (exclusive) minifigures inside, let alone a high recommended one, though of course you never know. I would guess for something brick built like they did for D&D with the mimic.

1 hour ago, Cyprinus said:

They really don't do new molds for GWP so that is highly unlikely.  

1 hour ago, Cyprinus said:

I doubt it's related to LoTR at all. It's probably either the Micro Fruit Store that's been leaked or the Single's Day Ideas set - though that one is more likely November.

27 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

I doubt it's related to LoTR at all. It's probably either the Micro Fruit Store that's been leaked or the Single's Day Ideas set - though that one is more likely November.

Honestly I'd prefer if it wasn't LotR related, and Barad-Dur got a Brickhead gwp. Would mean I can wait a bit and see if it follows the route Rivendell went, getting some nice discounts :D

I think it is probably most likely that we will have the opportunity to get one of the new brickhead sets for "free" with Barad Dur, just like we had with Rivendell.  I expect they will save the Witch King for Minas Tirith, as the map in Rivendell hints that may be the next set we see :D
Can't wait to see the minifigures for the Barad Dur set, especially Sauron; I've waited 12 years for that one, lol.

I don't quite understand the sentiment against wanting an exclusive GWP. If you can't purchase the set on its release, you miss out on the GWP. Similarly, if there's no exclusive GWP offered, you won't receive any GWP. Same result regardless, but instead now no one gets the GWP. Ultimately, it's an additional set that we wouldn't have received otherwise. And that's an absolute win in my book. 

19 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

Barad-Dur is a must buy for me, but the GWP will determine if it is day one, or waiting until there is a 2X VIP.

Same. I thought the same about Rivendell back in te day and I think I've already ruled out buying it completely lol. Let's see if the same thing doesn't happen this time.

15 hours ago, Cyprinus said:

Well, I guess that discards them being brickheads. Good news for me. I hope it's something related to Barad-Dur and maybe with more new minifigures.

8 hours ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

I don't quite understand the sentiment against wanting an exclusive GWP. If you can't purchase the set on its release, you miss out on the GWP. Similarly, if there's no exclusive GWP offered, you won't receive any GWP. Same result regardless, but instead now no one gets the GWP. Ultimately, it's an additional set that we wouldn't have received otherwise. And that's an absolute win in my book. 

I assume many people who buy lotr lego are collectors, and don’t want to miss out on exclusive sets. I’ve frequently seen Rivendell at 20% off or more, so the gwp will likely turn out to be very expensive since you have to buy at full price to get it.

Timed exclusive gwps exploit fomo and are very anti-consumer.

After buying Rivendell for 400 instead of 500€ because I've waited long enough, you can bet I'll do the same for Barad Dur.

Maybe if there would be a great GWP (no brickheadz) AND double Insider points, I'd consider buying it day one. But who thinks this will happen?^^

It's not been discounted so far in the US, so I bought it during double points in November, coupled with 10% cash back, and GWPs. I was happy enough with that deal. I then built it over the holidays, finishing mid-January. It was great, but I would be in no rush to get Barad Dur, although likely would if there was a particularly good GWP with it.

I didn't get the D&D castle on release, the GWP wasn't appealing enough, but I think I will get it eventually.

29 minutes ago, Gnukan said:

I assume many people who buy lotr lego are collectors, and don’t want to miss out on exclusive sets. I’ve frequently seen Rivendell at 20% off or more, so the gwp will likely turn out to be very expensive since you have to buy at full price to get it.

Timed exclusive gwps exploit fomo and are very anti-consumer.

I am all for the exclusive set, it is more lego LOTR which is what I want as a collector (especially if it is rare or unique).  I know I am buying it for essentially $50-$90 premium to get it ($90 is how much you would save at 20%, but VIP points are worth $22.50 to $45 for double VIP so at the high end $90, low end $22.50).  So if there is an exclusive set I will buy day one knowing that I am paying the $50 premium to get that set.  On the flip side it is exclusive and I could potentially sell it for $50 or more in a lot of cases.  I don't view it as exploitation, it is an offer for collectors to pay a premium price but get something extra that is worth the premium. 

The flip side is that if it is not worth the premium then don't buy it.  If they release this with a Brickheads I can buy for $20 at any time, then the whole argument goes away and I will wait until there is 2VIP and GWP (like Black Friday) to maximize what I get when I buy the set ($45 in VIP points, plus more legos), or wait until there is a 20% off option to save $90. 

Posted (edited)

GWP sets rarely have anything exclusive about them, which makes sense given their limited availability and the fact they’re only an incentive to buy other sets. Exclusive prints are pretty rare (for instance, I fully expect the mimic’s eyes to reappear in another set), recoloured pieces even more rare, and new pieces next to impossible :laugh_hard: 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants