Momotof

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

Yeah, I don't know that the delay thing is true. Whispers of a delay do concern me slightly, but until Falconfan or Brick Clicker say otherwise, I am going to go with a June release. 

I can't see any reason to delay - I know you mentioned competing the Rivendell, but that's been on shelves for a year now. If people have been saving or what not for Rivendell, they'll be able to get that soon (hypothetically) and then wait for Barad-Dur for awhile, as it'd likely be on shelves for at least 18 months. Is there some TV show they'd try to align a release with that I'm not aware of?

53 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I can't see any reason to delay - I know you mentioned competing the Rivendell, but that's been on shelves for a year now. If people have been saving or what not for Rivendell, they'll be able to get that soon (hypothetically) and then wait for Barad-Dur for awhile, as it'd likely be on shelves for at least 18 months. Is there some TV show they'd try to align a release with that I'm not aware of?

No tv show except for Rings of Power and we have seen no trailer or update on the release of season 2.  The War of the Rohirrim will release at the end of this year and is an animated movie.  

5 hours ago, Something_Awesome said:

I've heard that the set is being DELAYED. Not sure why or when it will release. But it would make sense for Rivendell and Barad-Dur to compete with each other. We need system scale sets. I don't remember when, but someone else and I did report that Falcon (extremely reliable) said that LotR is "returning" beyond Barad-Dur. I'd like to see a small wave of LotR ssystem scale sets by the end of the year. Maybe a couple small ones, a medium one, and a bigger one? Would be nice. 

Source? Not a single source so far has said it's being delayed

15 hours ago, mtrsteve said:

Not necessarily, it could focus on the one Ring as his accessory. I would expect to get sting, but it does not follow that just because it has Frodo is HAS to have it.

Of course it is not mandatory. But hey, that's my hope. It would be great to get all those molds too.

5 hours ago, kuzyabricks said:

Source? Not a single source so far has said it's being delayed

Maybe it is a confusion with the initial delay from March to June?

Posted (edited)

I need to know what figures are coming. I think I could get away with getting one just won’t tell the Mrs how much it’ll cost but I’ve no idea where I’d display it if the dimensions are true it’s massive. That’s why I want to know the figures i might have to just buy them once released off the usual places.  

I do wish that they would consider a cheaper LOTR set/wave feel like that would sell better than these huge expensive sets as good as Rivendell looks I don’t have the money to buy it and I still got the fellowship from the first 2 waves of the LOTR line 12 years ago. 

Edited by Llewop

The price of the minifigs has really gone up. I was looking into buying the Rivendell minifigs off BL as a second set from the Rivendell set itself and they would cost over $200 to get all figs! Might as well just buy another whole set.

4 hours ago, hikouki said:

The price of the minifigs has really gone up. I was looking into buying the Rivendell minifigs off BL as a second set from the Rivendell set itself and they would cost over $200 to get all figs! Might as well just buy another whole set.

Gone up compared to when? Most of the Rivendell figures can be had for about £10 each on BL from UK sellers (obviouslywith some variation based on popularity). That is about as cheap as they have been for buyers here. They started off at £15-25 when first released.

Hrmm. I was wanting to see Barad-Dur before deciding to buy Rivendell or not.

Ho-hum, once it's still on shelves at Christmas I suppose we'll know more by then.

9 hours ago, MAB said:

Gone up compared to when? Most of the Rivendell figures can be had for about £10 each on BL from UK sellers (obviouslywith some variation based on popularity). That is about as cheap as they have been for buyers here. They started off at £15-25 when first released.

I live in the US.

Shortly after the Rivendell release, figs were about $15 or so, but now are about $15-25. For all 19 figs, I might as well get a new set.

Is there real confirmation to these rumors about a delayed set?  Seems to be a trend of people talking about it being delayed but I haven’t seen anything with good sources. 

4 hours ago, hikouki said:

I live in the US.

Shortly after the Rivendell release, figs were about $15 or so, but now are about $15-25. For all 19 figs, I might as well get a new set.

That makes me tempted to get a second set to build one of the extensions on Rebrickable. But the space required would be immense.

Am I the only one who sees a potential Gondor armor on the DnD CMF dragon? And maybe the same mace for Sauron? 

Maybe we can have a couple of men from the Last Alliance with that armor in Barad-Dur... Fingers crossed :excited:

I guess if the Rivendell reveal is anything to go by, we can expect to see the first official tease at the very end of April, before the big reveal on May 1st! :pir-huzzah2:

3 hours ago, Ben S said:

Am I the only one who sees a potential Gondor armor on the DnD CMF dragon? And maybe the same mace for Sauron? 

Maybe we can have a couple of men from the Last Alliance with that armor in Barad-Dur... Fingers crossed :excited:

I'd bet money those "leaks" for the CMF are fake.

5 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I'd bet money those "leaks" for the CMF are fake.

They're not! Multiple people had those images before the leaks were even spread online

On 3/18/2024 at 8:43 AM, Ben S said:

And maybe the same mace for Sauron? 

Wow, that mace is absolutely being used for Sauron, it's too much of a coincidence when it's that perfect!

I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually made for the Barad-Dur set and they're repurposing it for D&D to get their money's worth!

22 hours ago, kuzyabricks said:

They're not! Multiple people had those images before the leaks were even spread online

I stand corrected! Glad no one took me up on that bet.

Posted (edited)

I don't play D&D so I've no idea if it has any in universe reference, but the sticker for the inn sign on the new D&D set looks like the Eye of Sauron and the inn is called Inn Plain Sight. A hint at Barad-dûr set maybe? :dwacko:

Edited by BacktoBricks

9 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I don't play D&D so I've no idea if it has any in universe reference, but the sticker for the inn sign on the new D&D set looks like the Eye of Sauron and the inn is called Inn Plain Sight. A hint at Barad-dûr set maybe? :dwacko:

It's a reference to a beholder, which is one of the monsters in the set, but the eye logo works well enough for an eye of Sauron look.

3 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

It's a reference to a beholder, which is one of the monsters in the set, but the eye logo works well enough for an eye of Sauron look.

I see. Thank you. I wonder if it's still meant as a little 'inn' joke. :laugh:

Is the Barad Dur set the only set LOTR wise on the horizon? I was hoping they might try and bring out something else. There’s definitely a market for it 

Another new rumor video on YouTube.  Says that Barad Dur is now slated for an October release and we should expect new sets based on the new War of the Rohirrim movie coming this winter.  Also seemed convinced that more sets based on the Peter Jackson trilogy would be coming. He noted another recent video from Jedi.Bricks saying similar things. I am quite skeptical. I'm just not convinced this theme is going to be revived to that extent.  What do you all think?  

36 minutes ago, ian74 said:

Another new rumor video on YouTube.  Says that Barad Dur is now slated for an October release and we should expect new sets based on the new War of the Rohirrim movie coming this winter.  Also seemed convinced that more sets based on the Peter Jackson trilogy would be coming. He noted another recent video from Jedi.Bricks saying similar things. I am quite skeptical. I'm just not convinced this theme is going to be revived to that extent.  What do you all think?  

Nonsense, the Brickheadz are June 1st (GwP) same as Barad-Dur.

There wont be sets of War of the Rohirrim either, that films not due to release until mid-December.
They're not going to put money behind a niche animated film with limited cinematic release :shrug_confused:

I would not at all be surprised to learn that a small LotR wave is already in development, ready to launch next year, pending the success of Barad-Dur