Keymonus

[OL - Era II - Challenge II - Cat B3] Following the trail

Cat A

Cat B part 1

Cat B part 2

île D'Or, August 618, somewhere in the jungle

Captain Rimbaud and his men were following the trail left by the black-cloaked assassins since dawn, when they found a building hidden in the jungle.

"They didn't even conceal their trail, they were completely sure about killing us tonight!"
"Better for us, mon ami, or we would have only four corpses with a knife and a strange medallion each... Definitely not enough for our hunt!"

29169198917_fd7e08bb92_z.jpg

It seemed a little temple, completely covered by vines and surrounded by a thick fence of poles. Folkloric versions of the 'keep out' sign welcomed the soldiers.

42297723300_616dc3cb6a_z.jpg

"Jacob, search this place. If one of those black cloak is here around, shoot on sight!"
"Yes Sir! Here it's clear!"

44107209621_d40267d947_z.jpg

"Dear Gods!" Exclaimed Doctor Laurent. "This is horrible! These men were natives, probably hunters arrived here by chance."

"Why did they do that?" Asked sergeant Dubois, remained in rearguard "An offering? A sacrifice? Pagan savages!"

43388531694_03c1d6b02a_z.jpg

"I think that these heads are a warning, sergeant! And this is not a pagan temple. This place is dedicated to the Enemy of the Gods!" Replied Monsieur Rimbaud with a serious voice.
"There is no doubt: look at that symbol, a  couple of stylized hands grabbing the sun…"

42297710590_3eaa135379_z.jpg

"...and there is no statue on the altar, only a blood-red crystal. Ancient worshippers of the Enemy used these symbols too."

44107305961_efeaae4c20_z.jpg

"But Monsieur Rimbaud, mon ami" intervened Doctor Laurent "those fanatics were eradicated more than two hundred years ago, when they tried to overturn the Order and kill the Royal Family! The few survivors of their bloody revolt suicided en masse."

"This is true, but… Well, when we'll find their lair we'll know the truth. Finding this place was a real stroke of luck! The men who attacked us tonight weren't one of the patrols, they were bringing them resupply; probably they were the first ones the red-headed spy found." 

29169281347_7bc972a43d_z.jpg

"It means our enemies have to tighten their belts, and that alligators will party with their food!"

"Yes, and it also means that, following the river we will find their den. It's time to send a message to lieutenant Norbert; it's platoon is waiting on the northern coast and we are going north, following the river. If they move southward we will take the main cove between the hammer and the anvil."

43200317065_115a6a0566_z.jpg

The soldiers set fire to the interior of the little temple, putting a signaling rocket on the roof… it would have been ignited half an hour later, enough for disappearing in the jungle and hunting their enemies with their same methods, becoming shadows among the shadows, as invisible as ghosts.

29169289297_65a236412b_z.jpg

The rocket, giving Lieutenant Norbert the order to move

44058162262_7a666b82af_z.jpg

An overall view

42297699530_919084b4c6_z.jpg

Edited by Keymonus
Entry completed

cool build, i like the palm and the athmosphere, it's very realistic and adds nicely to the other entries you entered! 

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:57 PM, Fraunces said:

cool build, i like the palm and the athmosphere, it's very realistic and adds nicely to the other entries you entered! 

Thank you! :classic:

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Now I am really hooked! Moar please!!!!

Thank you! The last part is almost ready… and everything will end in a quite brutal way! :pir-skel:  :pir-skel:  :pir-skel:

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I agree - the build has a great atmosphere to it. :thumbup:

Thank you! :classic:

Looks really interesting. For my own RP purposes, who is the enemy? I wasn't aware of the ancient conspiracy against the crown (that or I forgot about it). I might like to include something similar in my storyline. 

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

I wasn't aware of the ancient conspiracy against the crown

You weren't aware because I have just invented it! The enemies (or Enemies, if you prefer) are in my mind the members of a dark and bloody cult, somebody who really deserved a little persecution in the past and who was considered extinct centuries ago.

You can use the whole thing storywise if you want, but probably you'll need new cultists, mine will sadly have othes things to do, something like watching grass grow... from the roots! :devil:

18 hours ago, Keymonus said:

watching grass grow... from the roots

Good man. I wondered whether they might be some of @Mesabi's Prometheans. They fit the bill:

Gotta watch out for those sneaky heretics. 

Edited by Ross Fisher

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

Good man. I wondered whether they might be some of @Mesabi's Prometheans. They fit the bill:

Gotta watch out for those sneaky heretics. 

I think they are different heretics... Heretics! Heretics everywhere!!! Purify them with a barbecue!!!

I love the jungle feel of your part two and three builds. The green under the trans-clear water is a technique I have always liked! The shrine is well done as are the heads, and the crocodile is a nice touch. Great job!