Sign in to follow this  
Keymonus

[OL - Era II - Challenge II - Cat B1] Un petit oiseau

Part 1

île D'Or, August 618, Fatu Hiva

43805783921_3e4fde5326_m.jpg

"Our birdie is turning left again. No doubt anymore, he is following us since the fishing point."

"I'm sure I can nab him, monsieur. Alive, if you prefer, or with a second smile in his throat!"

"Thank you, Klein Hans, this is the right mood... but we won't need your knife today. I'm quite sure that man would not sing even if we caught him, they would have never left in Fatu Hiva someone who would betray them."

"The question is, mon ami, who are they?" Replied Doctor Laurent "What do we know about them?"

42902331925_5c09f972e3_z.jpg

"At least our red headed friend is Halosian. Oleander, or he would have been noticed. Their modus operandi, spreading panic with allucinations, is strange... I think they are not common pirates or smugglers, but they are cruel enough to kill innocent natives and pioneers..." Said Tristan, toughtful.

"And they are dangerous, very dangerous! They routed a company of RNTC marines without even using firearms: our soldiers' wounds were inflicted with daggers or swords, probably during a close meele combat not far from Fatu Hiva." Continued Doctor Laurent "That means they have patrols or figthing groups right outside the city. 
They are sieging us and we didn't even understand it!"

42902345255_1cc308fabe_z.jpg

"But why? Without any clue about their aims we can't fight them! Meanwhile panic is spreading in Fatu Hiva... Two-bit preachers are proliferating in the city, saying the Gods are punishing inhabitants for their sins: if we don't change the situation people will begin to leave!"

"This could be their aim."

41996754620_88d3bce30f_z.jpg

"I think you are right, mon ami. Watch that crowd: people are frightened, and the militiamen keeping them under watch seem tense too. But still we can't do anything, unless..."

"Unless what?"

"I'll explain it when I'll shape my idea a little better. For now it's better going for supplies to the general store... The petit oiseau following us will gather information and tweet his masters that we'll leave for the jungle in a couple of days."

43757163172_f61ef4db99_z.jpg

"And what will we do in truth?

"We'll leave for the jungle in a couple of days!"

"But we'll be walking straight into a mousetrap!"

"Don't you know, mon ami, that Oleander mice have lion's fangs?"

The general store

41996806820_f76a885f8c_z.jpg

43089210464_32d23e78ca_z.jpg

The house upstairs

43089248354_2738b1c96c_z.jpg

Additional photos

41996801790_fbf3b0b1d4_z.jpg

29935993418_cc5e8a75eb_m.jpg

42902326645_ddd2a92e0c_z.jpg

28869536167_2c015ee017_z.jpg

Overall view:

43805751421_1c842a7b1a_z.jpg

41996734290_9bdf217ac2_z.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first entry for cat.B, the story will more canonically continue in the jungle.

With a 32x32 footprint, the store and the tavern it is licensable as medium commerce (I won't do it, Fatu Hiva can license it if needed)

Edited by Keymonus
A character changed name later in the story

Very nice builds! Great minifigures posing, with appropriate expressions. I like also the store and the tavern, I've pointed some interesting building techniques there. Good work!

May I ask is the good doctors prognosis of stab wounds a solid observation that could be tied in to another story?

Edit ... Now that im not short on time ... I love the busy feel to this alot of good angles to capture the feeling of a larger space.  

The general store is well done as well as the room above.

Would you share how you accomplished the clap board in this photo?

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

Really nice build! I especially like the the buildings (interior as well)! The story is solid too and two bit priests seems plausible given the circumstances.

Edited by blackdeathgr

Awesome build I really like it. So many details (good minifigs and interiors) and a lot of commotion. Nice

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, Bodi said:

Very nice builds! Great minifigures posing, with appropriate expressions. I like also the store and the tavern, I've pointed some interesting building techniques there. Good work!

Thank you, I tried my best with architecture and I'm glad you appreciate it!

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:34 PM, gedren_y said:

"tweet his masters" :laugh:

:grin:    :grin:    :grin:

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:51 PM, Ross Fisher said:

What are you saying?

Very fun story though, I really like it!

I only referred to those half-heretic self-made preachers… I would prefer not to become the main host in a barbecue! 

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:59 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

May I ask is the good doctors prognosis of stab wounds a solid observation that could be tied in to another story?

Edit ... Now that im not short on time ... I love the busy feel to this alot of good angles to capture the feeling of a larger space.  

The general store is well done as well as the room above.

Would you share how you accomplished the clap board in this photo?

Thank you! Probably the doctor heard 

About the clap board: I built two stairway-like structures using 2x1 plates and then connected them using 1x4 tiles. Then, I attacked a hinge (pieces 3937-3938) to the base of the structure (the last tile from above) and moved it to the right angle

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:33 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Really nice build! I especially like the the buildings (interior as well)! The story is solid too and two bit priests seems plausible given the circumstances.

Thank you! I liked the idea of self-made preachers announcing the end of the World, something usual at the time during epidemics, earthquakes and other disasters!

13 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Awesome build I really like it. So many details (good minifigs and interiors) and a lot of commotion. Nice

Thank you! I think this is one of my best builds up to now, and I'm happy you like it!

Your Cat B entries are probably some of my favourite in this challenge and I apologise for not having the chance to comment before now. The buildings are a great example of not needing to use fancy techniques to still create something great looking. At first I wasn't sure about the flimsy upper levels but I realised that you did that on purpose so that you could use the interiors for extra shots in the story and still have them well lit for the photos - clever! All in all a great effort and a very strong entry!